The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
diceflo

hope you can help with this

While waiting for ultimate traffic live to release a power pack, I read about a new ai package called BVAI. Seems to work with ultimate traffic live but not so well with STB. The problem that I am running into is when compiling airports STB is looking for the BVAI folder in P3D V4 but the files in that folder are in the simobjects folder in P3D V4. If I move that folder back into the P3D V4 then when P3D V4 starts up then I get the multiple instances of object message and it comes up for every plane which is lots and lots of clicking. It's very confusing just writing about it but do you have any insight into this problem. Can I change where STB looks for files? I just thought I would check here first because the package is brand new and not sure if people are having the same problem as I am.

STB has always used simulator configuration files in order to figure out where to find things, and this situation is no different.  One of your configuration files is telling us where to look for SimObjects.  Please review those first.

Thanks
Simon

Well i decided to get rid of bvai and i bought just flight global traffic but of course there is a problem. When I run compile airports in stb i get an error saying that stb client can't find the bvai airplanes. I uninstalled bvai so there should be no instance anywhere but i think there may be some files hidden somewhere. The error message is coming from the stb client. Is there some way to figure out where stb is looking for these files because maybe i can find them and delete them. I really hope you will support global traffic because they still use the bgl system and utl uses something else. I want to find the right one for my needs and that will play well with stb. As always thanks for your help.

Yes I intend to support Traffic Global.  I participated in the beta program and will continue to be involved with the early access.  STB does require a few changes, and I hope to have the next update ready over the weekend.

The most likely place that SimObjects is configured is either the add-on XML infrastructure of SimObjects.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Simon

great, i was hoping that it would be the case and gives me more confidence in traffic global.  I did find that directory and found that bvai was an entry and i deleted it, sneaky little file. So that problem is solved but another pops up and it's related to traffic global so I will wait for the updates before i go posting about it. Thanks

You have every reason to be confident with it!

I discovered during the beta that Traffic Global can crease traffic BGLs without any flight plans, and that gives STB some trouble.  However it was an easy thing to fix, and it's probably that error you are seeing.

Simon

That's a different problem.  Can you send me add-ons.cfg from AppData and ProgramData please?

Exactly the files I requested.  Now for one more, does the folder mentioned in the error message exist ("C:\Users\Richard Slater\Documents\Prepar3D V3 Add-ons\TrafficGlobal")?  What files do you have in there?

Simon

yes, that's the other problem that I have. I have no idea who richard slater is but i think it is the developer of traffic global. It would make sense that since it's in beta he may have left a directory file or something like that.  I don't have that name in the C drive. The only name I have in C drive is mine. So it is what I expected and the problem for now lies with traffic global. I'm sure it will all get sorted out and I just have to be patient. The first thing I check with an add on is how well it works with STB so I am anxious to use it.

Ok, solved it and all seems fine but of course a new problem popped up today. I am attaching the two messages from the event viewer (which I just discovered) hoping you can understand it because I can not. I have never had this message before and it actually crashed p3d. I did not think that would be possible.

Application: TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32, IntPtr)
   at LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SimConnect.TransmitClientEvent(UInt32, System.Enum, UInt32, System.Enum, LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG)
   at FLW.STB.SimConnectWrapper.SimConnectWrapper_P3D_V4.TransmitClientEvent(SYSTEM_EVENTS, UInt32)
   at FLW.STB.Client.STBClient.ReturnToCockpitView(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at FLW.STB.Client.STBClient.ReturnToBase(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at FLW.STB.Client.STBClient.CloseFSConnection(Boolean)
   at FLW.STB.Client.STBClient.Disconnect()
   at FLW.STB.Client.ClientExceptionHandler.HandleException(System.Exception, Boolean)
   at FLW.STB.Utilities.ExceptionHandler.ThreadExceptionFunction(System.Object, System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(System.Exception)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at STB.Launcher.Program.LoadClient(FLW.STB.Client.ClientExceptionHandler)
   at STB.Launcher.Program.Main(System.String[])

Faulting application name: TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe, version: 4.2.2018.13500, time stamp: 0x5afab897
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18938, time stamp: 0x5a7ddf0a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000008eac
Faulting process id: 0x12328
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3f1f4540ec3d4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard Client V4 for Prepar3D-V4\TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: dd895e52-5ded-11e8-bf88-240a6439b56e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Can you tell me a bit more about what you were doing with STB and Prepar3D at the time of the crash please?

All that's happening is STB is being disconnected, either at your request or because the simulator is closing down.  If the latter, I probably should not be sending any further SimConnect requests.  If the simulator crashes, that'a an LM problem.

Simon