The simFlight Network Forums

How are folks enjoying EDDM

Avwriter

16 hours ago, crbascott said:

That'a good point - in the airport advertising it mentions " ... extensive cargo and maintenance facilities and is fully equipped to handle wide-body aircraft". However, there are no airlines assigned to the cargo terminal. But then LAX is the 4th or 5th busiest in the LAX and ... oh well, you know the story. 

At least Munich has the gates - looks like there are 7 cargo spots. Anyone know the active cargo carriers at EDDM? Wikipedia listed a few and I found about 15-20 flights we can add for ABW, BCS, FDX, and VAS. I can create a custom supplement to RT if desired. 

I wouldn't mind having a custom on RT...I would do it but not sure how to add to the schedule.  I had Dick's Creator for the USA airports but to create one myself might be a little funky unless I know what the columns really mean and order.

19 hours ago, andredragt said:

I started a session at 00.00, but was immediately transferred to 6:00 with some big international planes incoming...

So I guess there is no night traffic..

Correct. That's called "Nachtflugverbot" (a compound word consisting of words that exactly describe what it means: night flight ban). This is how it works.

In general, between 22:00 and 06:00 flights are banned.
Planned flights (maximum of 28 flights per night, either in or out) are permitted until 23:30, intercontinental flights as exceptions until 00:00.
Delayed flights might go in and out until 00:00 and land as early as 05:00.
Intercontinental flights with homebase EDDM may depart until 23:30 and land until 23:30 or from 05:00 on.
Short and mid-range flights with homebase EDDM may only land until 23:30, but not takeoff between 22:00 and 06:00.
Ferry flights with homebase EDDM may not start later than 22:00, but can start at 05:00; landing is allowed until 23:30, but not earlier than 06:00 in the morning.
Exceptions are planned flights - in and out - that don't exceed a single noise level of 75 dB[A] at every single noise metering point around the airport are allowed to operate from 05:00 until 23:30.
Postal flights or measurement flights by the German air-traffic control association DFS as well as supporting flights in cases of emergency, catastrophies, or for police matters are allowed to operate 24h, in and out. Same applies to flights allowed by the Bavarian Ministry of State or ATC for special interest or to avoid disturbances in air traffic.
Training flights may not land later than 23:00 and not take off earlier than 06:00.
Landings for meteorological, technical, other flight safety reasons are always allowed.

But in general, flights between 22:00 and 06:00 are banned.

I like it, but one thing I've noticed is that German drivers appear to drive like lunatics. Cars are flying along roads, making massive jumps and clipping through taxiways they drive under. I know the cars are just a minor part of the airport and don't affect gameplay at all, but it feels a lil' unrealistic when there are cars jumping along the roads.

On 4/14/2018 at 11:21 AM, AirJamaica said:

Can someone upload a video when playing EDDM. I really want to see how it is before buying it. The graphics look a little bit ugly to me.

I have one going up tonight, but its with the stock airplanes.  Waiting for my Real Traffic Download link to get activated again so I can do some with that.

To the OP the airport is nice, the design is well thought out but I can see how you will really have to route your planes around carefully to avoid conflicts if you are using both sides of the airport at once vs one side for in and one for out.  

I love the staging areas at each runway though 8L I had issues getting default traffic out onto the far N area and other planes were not pulling off the taxiway's very far which could cause a crash at some point when larger planes come along.

Cant wait to get some real traffic in there and start tinkering with it.  Been looking for something to go into after my ATL series I'm finishing up now. 

I find this airport too buggy for my liking so I'll lay off it until it is more stable.

Some A/C either do not push back or go crazy after they do. Yesterday I had a plane pushing back, back, back, until it reached the southern runway :(

On average I have to delete one departing A/C in ten as they are stuck doing something strange.

Such a shame as I really like the airlines and it's nice playing an airfield closer to home.

On 19-4-2018 at 10:02 AM, lgvdbroek said:

I Purchased EDDM, Real colors EDDM and updated Real Traffic to sp6v6 .
Most of the airliners are very good.  KLM, Lufthans, Easyjet and so on.
But Thai Airways is still blank. Is there a bug in manifest 12 ?

There was indeed a typing error in the manifest 12.
By Thai airways (TC) stood 74E instead of 747.
Change that and its fixed.

For all users who have difficulty with pronouncing the callsigns ....
in my case: "Dolomoti" and "Croatia"
I have just deleted these airliners from the text file eddm_airlines.txt.
Simple but effective.
Better than the irritation that a pilot does not respond to my command and must take that mouse again........

I googeled for  the airliner "SUNTRUCK" (PGT) but that was unknown.
Does anyone knwos where that comes from ? Or is this an made up airliner ?

RE:How are folks enjoying EDDM

Eh.... lol

I play EDDM on Global ATC Sim by default, so the strips were known to me when I purchased it. Always good to have new airports. Thank goodness for "real" additions, its a selling point for me on the game. I've said this before, but the real traffic/color should be built into the main game by default IMHO. Sorta unfortunate to have to pay almost thirty bucks each new airport.

2 hours ago, Scar said:

RE:How are folks enjoying EDDM

Eh.... lol

I play EDDM on Global ATC Sim by default, so the strips were known to me when I purchased it. Always good to have new airports. Thank goodness for "real" additions, its a selling point for me on the game. I've said this before, but the real traffic/color should be built into the main game by default IMHO. Sorta unfortunate to have to pay almost thirty bucks each new airport.

My idea too.
The same strategy as Microsoft. Buy the third parties en implement them.