The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

To look forward to in the next update....

I've rewritten the camera and observer manager in STB, and implemented a new AI view that I've wanted for long time.  This is the "AI Flyby" view, and it looks great even if I do say so myself.  That was one of the best things in AIRound for FSX, and I'm glad to be able to produce a similar feature using Prepar3D observers.

Simon

• Like 1

Hope to have something together on this over the weekend.  It will not be the final version, but all the building blocks will be there.  This is only for Prepar3D V4 by the way.

Simon

• Like 1

Another thing to look forward too is the introduction of some new tech for scaling logos.  

Airline logos come in all shapes and sizes, some fit perfectly into STB while others (many others) have to be scaled to fit at run time.  Going forward I hope to start providing logos in higher resolution, so if you want to increase the size of the logos on your STB you can do so without compromising display quality.

As described above, many logos are scaled on demand to fit into the dimensions required by STB.  The original way of doing this which I've used since day 1 in 2008 is quite rough.  However in the next update I'll start using the latest technology for scaling images that produces much better results.  Here's a "before" (left) and "after" (right).  Before is the original rough way of scaling, and "after" is the new technology.  The source image of British Airways and Air France is around 250x50 pixels, which get scaled down to 100x20 in STB.  "After",  is what you'll start seeing from the next update, is just way better!

Before.PNG.f931884c3a1a4e1bd8da5d3609790f59.PNGAfter.PNG.bd8bfc412310f84fff772351d4e8d8a8.PNG

• Thanks 1

Sorry guys, didn't quite get it together over the weekend.  Top priority this week though, honest!

Simon

• Like 1