The simFlight Network Forums

ERJ-170/190 missing some GPWS callouts when landing

LecLightning56

I am having a strange issue with the ERJ-170/190 whereby not all the GPWS callouts are made on the approach. I seem to be missing the 500 feet radio altimeter callout approaching a runway. This occurs in P3D v3 and P3D v4.

Any clues why this is, or isn't it implemented in the simulation?

I suddenly realised that I had the Project Magenta pmSounds GPWS sound files available as a substitute for the default with the Feelthere/Wilco models. By removing the GPWS callouts which are standard with the ERJ-170/190 and using the pmSounds files instead, I have found that nothing above 1000 feet is called and, strangely, the 500 feet call is not made (similar to the default GPWS). So, the question to the Feelthere team is, has the 500 feet GPWS call been removed from the E-Jets models (despite the existence of a 500 feet GPWS sound file)? Is there any user control over the choice of the GPWS callouts?