The simFlight Network Forums

Planes pause on takeoff/landing

OneNothing

Hello all.  I have a problem on several airports in that when the planes are on their takeoff run or landing, they will hit a spot on the runway and "pause" for about a second then continue.  It looks like they hit a speedbrake and then resume their normal speed.  I thought I might have a bad install so I tried to reinstall everything.  But when I loaded up Tower3D Pro, my ADIRS, DBRITE, and Strips were in the custom locations (and sizes) I had before the re-install, so it appears I missed uninstalling something (even though I used the uninstaller).  Has anyone else heard of this problem or have any ideas?

Thanks!

@FeelThere Ariel  I have the same thing occur with the Action Cam on takeoffs.  The plane starts the takeoff and then freezes for about a second then resumes the previous speed.  This is not a plane slowing down then restarting, it just freezes for a second.  The FPS does not appear to drop so I am unsure the cause.  I checked the the log file but there was nothing there to explain the freeze issue.  Also I don't notice any issues when watching from the tower so it appears to be only occurring with the Action Camera.  I will attach a log file next time I run and remember to write down which flights.  

I also get this every time. It's as if the aircraft freezes whilst the game is trying to process something. They just stop on the spot for like 1/2 a second, for every takeoff and landing. It's on the same spot as they touch the floor/ lift off too. Every airport.

2 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Could you guys please attach a log with these issues? Thank you! 

I am assuming that glitches we are talking are the ones shown in the short video. It was a quick and dirty test, and I didn't use voice. This sort of glitch can happen at any airport, and when both taking off and landing. I didn't show landings here as it is a quick test and I picked the wrong time of day, so sunrise obscured the landings.

The video show 4 take-offs, one of them from the alternate camera. In this case all the glitches happened as the aircraft reached the first taxiway. I have no idea whether the taxiway plays a part in the glitch. In the first clip, I just so happened to turn on the runway lights fractionally before it happened. I don't think it has a bearing on the glitch.

I have attached two files, one containing the game logs, and the other my DXDiag report.

Cheers

EDIT: I have had some longer glitches/pauses, but mostly I get what is in the video. I want to say that they tend to be worse when using the alternate camera, not the tower camera. I don't use that camera often or for very long. You can catch aircraft nicely accelerating, then appear to slow down substantially, before almost immediately getting back up to speed again, that maybe a different issue to what's shown in the video, but I don't know

DxDiag.zip

logs.zip

2 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Can you all please list your CPU and video card?

Thank you

Vic

Intel i7-8700K Coffee Lake @ 4.8 Mhz (OC)

EVGA Geforce GTX1080 FTW2 Video Card.

16GB GSkill DDR4 RAM @ 3.8 Mhz

When I saw your question, and as my CPU is overclocked (water-cooled), I decided to run the test again just in case you ask for results at stock speeds.

This time I ran it at the default CPU clock of 3.7 Mhz additionally with automatic turbo-boost disabled. The results were exactly the same. I recorded a video, but haven't bothered editing it, as it looks exactly the same as the video I have already posted above

Cheers :-)

12 hours ago, jumpjet777 said:

I am assuming that glitches we are talking are the ones shown in the short video. It was a quick and dirty test, and I didn't use voice. This sort of glitch can happen at any airport, and when both taking off and landing. I didn't show landings here as it is a quick test and I picked the wrong time of day, so sunrise obscured the landings.

The video show 4 take-offs, one of them from the alternate camera. In this case all the glitches happened as the aircraft reached the first taxiway. I have no idea whether the taxiway plays a part in the glitch. In the first clip, I just so happened to turn on the runway lights fractionally before it happened. I don't think it has a bearing on the glitch.

I have attached two files, one containing the game logs, and the other my DXDiag report.

Cheers

EDIT: I have had some longer glitches/pauses, but mostly I get what is in the video. I want to say that they tend to be worse when using the alternate camera, not the tower camera. I don't use that camera often or for very long. You can catch aircraft nicely accelerating, then appear to slow down substantially, before almost immediately getting back up to speed again, that maybe a different issue to what's shown in the video, but I don't know

DxDiag.zip

logs.zip

To be honest, that not exactly what I was thinking of. Usually for me, the plane just pauses on the spot for a few milliseconds, then continues. This one jumped as if lagging or something.

1 minute ago, FeelThere said:

Looks like it's (so far) Nvidia issue. Can you please let us know if you are running the latest driver?

Not quite. I have a AMD Radeon RX 560 running. With the latest (stable) driver.

- AMD A10-5800K (4x 3.8 GHz)
- 8 GB RAM
- AMD Radeon RX 560 (4 GB DDR5 VRAM)
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Latest stable Radeon 18.2.1 driver
- 22" LG monitor (1920x1080 pixels @ 60 Hz)

@FeelThere

Yes I am using the latest Nvidia driver 391.35 on Windows 10 Pro x64 v1709 (build 16299.390)

After 15 years or more of using AMD/ATI cards, when I built my new system at the beginning of February this year, I opted for Nvidia. I bought this game in the 3rd week of February and there has been 3 driver releases since that time. All of those drivers produced that stutter/glitch (or similar) to what you see in the video at sometime or another {390.77, 391.01, 391.24}

As I said initially, I assumed it was a game engine 'thing', which is an annoyance not a game breaker. However if it can fix fixed, I won't complain ;-)

Vic/Ariel,

This is not a new issue.  I have seen it in every version since I joined the T3D party in July 2016.  At first I thought it was caused by my old Vaio, but last year I bought a top spec Alienware  and the 'aircraft freezing briefly on take-off feature' of T3D is still there.  Like jumpjet777, I don't see it as a show stopper but a fix would be good.

Wayne

3 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Looks like it's (so far) Nvidia issue. Can you please let us know if you are running the latest driver?

Vic

Hey Vic -- Just FYI, I have had this problem before I changed to my 1070. Was using a Radeon R9 270X.