The simFlight Network Forums

To Developers Tower3D pro

lgvdbroek

To the developers, 

At first, a great product. My compliments, I have a lot of fun with this simulator.

I have 3 questions:

Q1
When a plane reports to land, I only see the terminal blue lights up.
Only when the pilot has landed I get the "T" in the picture.
It would be handy if you already see that "T" when the pilot reports his/her approach.
You can then select the nearest runway to that terminal and choose the "exit intersections".

Q2
In the previous version of Tower3D-pro I could make notes between the lines on the strips.
For example, I listed the desired exit intersection or by taxiing airplanes "HST M" (hold short at taxiway M).
This is no longer possible. Can that be programmed again at the next update?
Making notes on the strips ? (as in the real tower :)

Q3
I purchased EDDM and Real Colors EDDM and was very pleased with my familiar airliners.
KLM, Lufthansa, Transavia, Easyjet, they are beautiful.
But Thai Airways is still blank. Is this missing in airplanes_texpack12.manifest ?
I reported this to nyergesdesign (in my opinion the developer of real colors) but the advised me to put this on your forum.
If not, sorry about this.

Regards,
Leo, The Netherlands

Capture.JPG

4 hours ago, lgvdbroek said:

It would be handy if you already see that "T" when the pilot reports his/her approach.

In reality of big airports the ground controller doesn't know the gate until the pilot tells him, and that gate can change even during taxi (if you know H89SA's videos on Youtube you may have noticed pilots in JFK requesting taxi to another ramp entry, like HB instead of KF, which means their gate is blocked and they're sent to a free gate to make the turnaround on schedule). I guess that problem will be gone with the next major release (let's name it Tower!3D 2) - many users have requested to introduce progressive taxi. I'm confident that FeelThere listens... ;-)

5 hours ago, lgvdbroek said:

But Thai Airways is still blank. Is this missing in airplanes_texpack12.manifest ?

There's a small glitch in the schedule. If you open the schedule.txt and search for the flight number with the IATA code "TG" you'll see the aircraft type being "74E", while on the landing it's a "747". Change the "74E" to "747", and you'll get the livery.

Another sugestion for the developers to increase the level of this product.

I am operating with two monitors and speech recognition. (Recommended, its very comfortable.)
Is it possible to make "looking around" in te towerview with the arrow keys on your keyboard ? (left, right, up and down)
And place a red arrow in the ADIRS for your or orientation ?
For example, the same rotating arrow you see in the start-up screen.

You notice, I prefere keyboard handling (to prevent RSI) no kidding.

I see it so for me: (with speech recognition)

• Use the arrow keys to "look" at the requesting airplane.
  • Left shift for the PTT switch.
  • Give the command to that airliner and is highlighted on your strip.
  • Direct typing text on your keyboard will automatically set on the strip.

OMG.....I am dreaming of this.

Capture.JPG

Addition to your "bucket list" :)

Is it possible to make the "lens flare" as a clickable option in the graphic settings ?
A lens flare is very unrealistic in the tower view.
It is only seen by a camera and not with your eyes.
Such in the most flightsimulators is the lens flare only available in the external views (made by a camera)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My speech recognition has a lot of trouble to recognize CROATIA and DOLOMOTI.
So I had the intension to remove those airliners from my schedule.txt but when I search for CTN (CROATIA) and DLA (DOLOMOTI)
Notepad can't find them.
what am I doing wrong ?

Sugestions ?

I don't know what's on the bucket list already, but I would like banking turns added to aircraft, not the flat rudder turns currently carried out.

It's quite strange visually to vector an aircraft after take off, or doing a missed approach, to just to see it change direction using the rudder only.

I would also like to see increased zoom from the tower camera, aircraft to become visible further out, with at least one landing light visible (making them more visible)

A bit like this ........ maybe not quite so many ;-)

5ade21aaa6c24_linedup.jpg.796547686f1fd5c93201c7f3b877a07e.jpg

• 3 years later...
7 hours ago, SierraRomeoPapa said:

Could we have the ability to use alpha characters in the callsigns?  I've tried (for example) BAW82WG, but the WG is just ignored.

And - as mentioned earlier in the thread - definitely saving a game in progress!

We´ve included many of these requests for our development of Tower Simulator 3.0