The simFlight Network Forums
michael.engl

STB 3.2 with PSXseeon Traffic and Real Traffic in FSX

Hello, I have now installed Ultimate Traffic Live and Super Traffic Board V3.2 on my FSX, it works wonderfully. UT Live generates AI traffic.
Now I wanted to try PSXseeon Traffic and Real Traffic. The programs also worked via simconnect. Perfect. PSXseeon Traffic and Real Traffic is running on a Win10 tablet, my FSX is running on Windows 7 64 bit.
Ultimate Traffic Live and Super Traffic Board V3.2 starts with the FSX, Super Traffic Board V3.2 is also installed on the Windows 10 tablet. 

Now I have deactivate UT Live and use only the AI models.

Now, if I start PSXseeon Traffic and Real Traffic (I have subscriptions :)) I see Traffic in Real Traffic, but Super Traffic Board V3.2 shows nothing. It is possible to use Super Traffic Board V3.2 with PSXseeon Traffic and Real Traffic
Could anybody help me?

best Michael

I've no experience with this particular AI solution.  It's not like the others as far as I can see as it does not have it's own models.  I can't even find it on the internet.  Is there a demo version I can download?  I don't claim support for this package, but if I can get it to work and reproduce your problem I'll see if there's anything that can be done.

Simon

7 hours ago, flying-w said:

I've no experience with this particular AI solution.  It's not like the others as far as I can see as it does not have it's own models.  I can't even find it on the internet.  Is there a demo version I can download?  I don't claim support for this package, but if I can get it to work and reproduce your problem I'll see if there's anything that can be done.

Simon

Simon,

I have a copy of PSXseecon Traffic and Real Traffic (note the correct spelling of the former). Real Traffic is $50/ year subscription that provides the location of real world traffic via their ADS-B transmitters. Sometimes this information has departure and destination airports, but it's almost always limited to altitude, airspeed, heading, airline and flight number. PSXseecon is a freeware package that takes the information from RT and creates SimObjects in P3d4 for AI aircraft, based on whatever models and liveries that one has installed in the sim. A further limitation is that not all airports and airlines require ADS-B transmitters to be active on the ground.

Although it might be a nice thought to think about how STB could be linked to live ADS-B data, it's probably a lot easier for the average sim user just to access the free version of FlightAware.com for a specific airport.

Jay

21 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Although it might be a nice thought to think about how STB could be linked to live ADS-B data, it's probably a lot easier for the average sim user just to access the free version of FlightAware.com for a specific airport.

Agreed.  I've no plans to link STB up to any "live" data, the issues around who owns the content and what that data can be used for is a legal nightmare.

I will look into how STB deals with this if I can obtain the software, however there are other priorities ahead of this including the upcoming Traffic Global.

Simon