The simFlight Network Forums
pracines

Just Flight Traffic Global

I enjoy a close relationship with Just Flight. Regarding Traffic Global specifically, I can't really comment at this stage until it is released in some form and such information becomes public domain.

Simon

• Thanks 1

Have downloaded the Early Access and working on the files you created Simon and will give it a whirl 🙂

Wish me luck...lol

Thanks,

Bob M.

So since we are in Early Access now, I did participate in the beta prior to EA which was very helpful all round.  I think I have most of the content done, and will continue to update as the product evolves.

Simon

Hey Simon....I think I have removed UTLive but I keep getting this message...any idees?     Uninstalled old DS and installed new/latest DS and error msg continues to show up? I am able to connect client to ds ok at the airport but I set the size yesterday per your info to 125 etc etc...I have since updated to latest stb but the logos for fs global don't look right.

Thanks,

Bob M

FS Traffic Global.JPG

STB Logos.JPG

Ho Bob

A couple of things here:

1) I think something got left behind from the UTLive uninstall.  Check your simulator SimobjectPaths for a UTLive entry (FSX - fsx.cfg or Prepar3D simObjectPaths.cfg)

2) Look out over the next few days for a new content update for Traffic Global, including your missing Hawker H25A logo!

Simon

Hi Simon,

I have P3D v4.3 and Traffic Global.

I noticed that in version 1.0.1.6 that British Airways didn’t have a logo in STB instead it just said Speedbird.

I have just installed the latest TG v1.0.1.7 and not only is BA still showing Speedbird but others that I thought were there previously have now disappeared with just an airline name instead for example SAS.

Does this need to be updated or are you aware of this?

while I am here I have another question....

I have been using the follow an AI plane and using the ATC that follows the plane from take-off to landing.

Every plane I have tried to follow just disappears after a while and I am left looking at a red piper cub instead. Is this a bug in STB?

Thank you,

Tony.

Edited by TigerTone
Spelling mistake

What version of STB do you have exactly?  The content for Traffic Global evolves as the product itself evolves.  In .7 there's around 10 or so new airlines that I need to build content for.  Older updates for STB for Prepar3D will have less Traffic Global content than the more recent ones.  I'm not seeing any problems here, this is (beta) version 20200:

Be aware that different AI vendors are not always consistent with their callsigns, and sometimes don't match the real world or those used by other vendors.  I'm not levelling such criticisms at anyone specifically, I've seen it across the board.  What it does mean is when content grows as it is doing with Global, I can't always reuse what I already have.

image.thumb.png.961bc2c6f5b4ef3dd0ecf0b143e58d45.png

Simon

7 hours ago, TigerTone said:

while I am here I have another question....

I have been using the follow an AI plane and using the ATC that follows the plane from take-off to landing.

Every plane I have tried to follow just disappears after a while and I am left looking at a red piper cub instead. Is this a bug in STB?

Thank you,

Tony.

Sorry I overlooked this question first time around.

Follow AI does it's best to pursade the simulator to keep the AI aircraft alive, but sometimes it is not successful.  What is the distance between your user aircraft and the AI at the time it disappears?  If you see the chosen AI to begin with, and the view then changes to some other AI aircraft (such as a Cub) for no good reason, it sounds like the simulator decided to delete your AI.  If it is reproducable, set up a "Verbose Trace" as per Appendix C of the user guide, reproduce the problem and send me the trace file.

Simon

1 hour ago, flying-w said:

What version of STB do you have exactly?  The content for Traffic Global evolves as the product itself evolves.  In .7 there's around 10 or so new airlines that I need to build content for.  Older updates for STB for Prepar3D will have less Traffic Global content than the more recent ones.  I'm not seeing any problems here, this is (beta) version 20200:

Be aware that different AI vendors are not always consistent with their callsigns, and sometimes don't match the real world or those used by other vendors.  I'm not levelling such criticisms at anyone specifically, I've seen it across the board.  What it does mean is when content grows as it is doing with Global, I can't always reuse what I already have.

image.thumb.png.961bc2c6f5b4ef3dd0ecf0b143e58d45.png

Simon

Hi Simon,

I am using STB for P3D v4 version 4.2.2018.13500 which it says is the latest version.

AHA - I didn't realise there was a newer  update.

I have downloaded and installed it and now all of the logos are there.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Tony.

Edited by TigerTone
updated

36 minutes ago, flying-w said:

Sorry I overlooked this question first time around.

Follow AI does it's best to pursade the simulator to keep the AI aircraft alive, but sometimes it is not successful.  What is the distance between your user aircraft and the AI at the time it disappears?  If you see the chosen AI to begin with, and the view then changes to some other AI aircraft (such as a Cub) for no good reason, it sounds like the simulator decided to delete your AI.  If it is reproducable, set up a "Verbose Trace" as per Appendix C of the user guide, reproduce the problem and send me the trace file.

Simon

I was actually using the P3D airport tower view as an aircraft (so no actual aircraft selected for myself).

I was watching a light aircraft which took off from Northolt and was on it's way to somewhere I cannot now remember - somewhere near Brize Norton. I think the plane had almost reached its destination flying at 10,000 feet when it suddenly disappeared after over 30 minutes flying. I have also watched a few different aircraft at Heathrow which seem to fly for about 15 minutes then disappear. I use the ATC follow too so I hear the plane being passed from one airspace controller to another which is a great idea.

19 hours ago, TigerTone said:

I was actually using the P3D airport tower view as an aircraft (so no actual aircraft selected for myself).

I was watching a light aircraft which took off from Northolt and was on it's way to somewhere I cannot now remember - somewhere near Brize Norton. I think the plane had almost reached its destination flying at 10,000 feet when it suddenly disappeared after over 30 minutes flying. I have also watched a few different aircraft at Heathrow which seem to fly for about 15 minutes then disappear. I use the ATC follow too so I hear the plane being passed from one airspace controller to another which is a great idea.

Can you explain the steps to create this scenario please?  If you don't have an actual user aircraft that could cause us a problem

Thanks
Simon

On 8/17/2018 at 4:22 PM, flying-w said:

Can you explain the steps to create this scenario please?  If you don't have an actual user aircraft that could cause us a problem

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,

The exact procedure is as follows:

Run P3D v4.3 and wait for the main page to show.

Click 'Change Airport' and select EGWU (Northwood AB). To the left at the bottom select the drop down menu of 'Starting Location' and scroll all the way to the bottom until you see 'Tower Controller' and select this. Click OK and this will take you back to the main screen. This has now made 'Tower Controller' your aircraft. (Most airports it will put you in an actual control tower but Northwood doesn't seem to do that for some reason). Select the local time as 9:45 and click ok to run the sim.

Once it has loaded in, start STB and connect. Scroll down and find Northolt AB - There will be 1 departure - Cessna C152 - G-ADKD going to Pembrey at 9:45pm. Double click this on STB and you will now be looking at it from the outside. Left click the yellow bar and select 'Listen to AI ATC'.

You are now in the full setup of where I got to. Now just wait and watch. The plane will taxi, take off, change heading and climb to 10,000 feet and after approx. 30 minutes (or maybe less) the plane will just disappear.

I was just assuming that the plane would make it's full journey and land but whatever airport / plane I select (even short journeys) the plane just disappears and takes me to some other random aircraft with an outside view.

I hope this helps you understand what I am doing and if this can be solved in any way.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Tony.

Edited by TigerTone

Hi Tony

It is working here which may not be a lot of help, and albeit with Prepar3D V4.2.  There are problems with using the tower however, the first is it reports the user as "airbourne" and the requirement of Follow AI is for the user to be on the ground.  Even if I disable that safety check in STB, it still works fine.

Here's something to try so we can understand what's happening:

1)  Set up your problem scenario

2) On STB, make sure your AI remains listed and observe the value in the "Distance (User) column".

3) In Prepar3D switch back to your tower view while follow AI is in motion.

4) What you should see is:

a) The scenery around the tower changes every 10 seconds.  This means STB is successfully moving the tower to a new world position

b) The Distance (User) is reset every 10 seconds to a mimumimum value (about 10nm or so)

If your AI still gets deleted, I'd like to know what the Distance (User) value was around the time that occurs.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I tried what you said and found out that my 'Tower Controller' view didn't move at all.

I may also have settings in STB set up wrong.

I have got remove departures after 5 minutes set and hide airborne flights after 5 minutes set as well.

I know this doesn't change the follow me but it did make it disappear from the STB board.

These 2 settings were when I wanted flights at a busy airport to clear quick so that others could show on the board.

I may just try having an aircraft sitting at a gate to see if this makes any difference instead of using the tower controller as a vehicle.

Thanks.

Tony.

I tried what you said and found out that my 'Tower Controller' view didn't move at all.

Moving the user aircraft, or whatever the concept of the user aircraft is in tower view, is essential to keeping the AI in the "reality bubble" so Prepar3D does not delete it because it's flown too far away to be of interest.  If the view does not move, something is wrong in the internal chain of events that cause that to happen.  To see if there's anything I can do on my side about that, please do the following:

1) Set up a "Verbose" trace as per Appendix C of the user guide

2) Reproduce the problem

3) Close STB and send me the trace file.  Please also mention which aircraft you were trying to follow.

I may just try having an aircraft sitting at a gate to see if this makes any difference instead of using the tower controller as a vehicle. 

That would be a useful comparison.  This is all about finding ways to influence the behaviour of the simulator.

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,

I have found out what I had been doing wrong.

I was originally just double clicking the flight in STB and watching the plane from there thinking that it was using 'Follow AI' but then it would disappear after a while.

However if I did this then right clicked the flight and selected 'Follow AI' in the drop down menu, the camera would follow the plane completely from take-off to landing and parking.

I had just assumed that double clicking the flight on STB would automatically select 'Follow AI' (which I have now found out it doesn't).

Thanks for your help.