The simFlight Network Forums

Configuration question using PFC and T6000 together

Hi Peter,

I already own a Cirrus II by PFC and I just procured a Thrustmaster 6000 joystick. I am looking at starting to fly some airbus plane and I would like to use both my T6000 for aileron & Elevator and use my PFC rudder and Engine Jet Spoilers/Throttles/Reversers in parallel . At the present time I am not flying any plane that requires a stick, so I have everything configured between PFCcom64 and FSUIPC5 (with the use of profile), I use the T6000 as the tiller, configured with FSUIPC. So I would like to disable the yoke and keep the rest of the Cirrus II functionality, and use the T6000 for the stick.

Is this possible.

I use P3D ver 4.2

Thanks

3 hours ago, nantelp said:

I already own a Cirrus II by PFC and I just procured a Thrustmaster 6000 joystick. I am looking at starting to fly some airbus plane and I would like to use both my T6000 for aileron & Elevator and use my PFC rudder and Engine Jet Spoilers/Throttles/Reversers in parallel . At the present time I am not flying any plane that requires a stick, so I have everything configured between PFCcom64 and FSUIPC5 (with the use of profile), I use the T6000 as the tiller, configured with FSUIPC. So I would like to disable the yoke and keep the rest of the Cirrus II functionality, and use the T6000 for the stick.

Is this possible.

Yes, just disable the elevator and aileron in the PFC options, in the Flight Controls tab -- uncheck the enabling check marks -- then enable your T6000 assignments in FSUIPC.

You can also still use your PFC one as the PFC axes are also still seen in FSUIPC, as joysticks 16 and up. So you can use Profiles to assign one control for some aircraft and the other for other aircraft.

You can have them both assigned together provided they have good defined central dead zones in calibration or a very stable and left untouched. Otherwise the axis with the more extreme deflection "wins".

Pete

Thank you for the reply,

If I disable the aileron and elevator in PCF, I will disable them for all the plane, correct? from the PCF menu I cannot assign this configuration to a specific plane, like you can for Quadrant.

You said "So you can use Profiles to assign one control for some aircraft and the other for other aircraft. " What parameter do I have to change or add in the profile.ini to be able to disable the PCF control? I do know how to assign and calibrate the T6000.

I have included one of my profile file as a example.

Once again thank  you Pete for your support

Pierre

CRJ 700-900.ini

If I disable the aileron and elevator in PCF, I will disable them for all the plane, correct?

Yes, correct.

You said "So you can use Profiles to assign one control for some aircraft and the other for other aircraft. " What parameter do I have to change or add in the profile.ini to be able to disable the PCF control?

The operation of Profiles is part of FSUIPC. You use FSUIPC for assignment instead of PFC, that's all!

Please do take a look at the User Guide documentation for FSUIPC. Profiles form a very important and much praised part of the facilities offered by FSUIPC and one which justifies its purchase for many users.

I have included one of my profile file as a example.

Ah, so you do know about FSUIPC profiles! Sorry, it sounded as if you were confusing PFC functions with those in FSUIPC.

What parameter do I have to change or add in the profile.ini to be able to disable the PCF control?

Ah, sorry, the confusion is still there I see!

You disable PFC control in the PFC options. Please read this part of my previous message:

23 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes, just disable the elevator and aileron in the PFC options, in the Flight Controls tab -- uncheck the enabling check marks -- then enable your T6000 assignments in FSUIPC.

Pete

Thank you Peter,

I think I understand now, I disable the aileron and elevator in PCF for all the aircraft and then I use FSUIPC profile for each plane configuration . For each profile I will be able to configure the aileron/elevator either with my PFC YOKE or my T6000. I just need to assign and calibrate in FSUIPC. So  I can create something like this:

profile Q400.ini - using aileron/elevator axis from my PFC Yoke

Profile A320.ini - using aileron/elevator  axis from my T6000

I spend a lot of time to get those profiles to work, so I want to make sure I understand before I change them. Of course I will backup them before I start experimenting.

Again thanks

Pierre

25 minutes ago, nantelp said:

I disable the aileron and elevator in PCF for all the aircraft and then I use FSUIPC profile for each plane configuration . For each profile I will be able to configure the aileron/elevator either with my PFC YOKE or my T6000. I just need to assign and calibrate in FSUIPC. So  I can create something like this:

profile Q400.ini - using aileron/elevator axis from my PFC Yoke

Profile A320.ini - using aileron/elevator  axis from my T6000

Yes, exactly!

Just use the options in the FSUIPC dialogue you don't need to create or edit any INI files directly.

Pete