The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mole_man99

New style multi week flightplans from AIG

Hi

AIG have developed a way to compile multi week flightplans, so charters and others who do not have regular flights each week can now be planned on up to 8 week rotations

It uses a slightly different compiler though. Any plan compiled in the multiweek format seems to throw an exception when compiling the database for STB.

I think more of these plans will start to appear now and some STB users may confront the issue. It would be great if STB could be updated to work with them. The developer of the tool has suggested you could contact him, if you see this thread.

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=27319.30

Thanks for the board. Just the best way to spot your AI traffic.

On 5/8/2018 at 10:56 AM, mole_man99 said:

AIG have developed a way to compile multi week flightplans, so charters and others who do not have regular flights each week can now be planned on up to 8 week rotations

Thank you for drawing this to my attention.  In the absence of any significant improvements to the Prepar3D AI system from Lockheed Martin, I commend the efforts to squeeze more out of the BGL format.  Even after all this time, it's still my preferred way of doing traffic.

On 5/8/2018 at 10:56 AM, mole_man99 said:

Any plan compiled in the multiweek format seems to throw an exception when compiling the database for STB.

I'm not surprised, STB won't know what to do with the new REPEAT_PERIODS.  I'll reach out to the developer and see where this goes, no guarantees this sort of thing will look good on STB as STB in it's current form can only "think" in periods up to a week.  Any support provided will be for STB for Prepar3D V4.

Simon

Thanks for the effort. I do use p3dV4 myself. Thanks to AIG and the model conversion movement, the p3dv4 skies are full of traffic to fill up STB.

It seems to follow the standard concept of what I call "scaled time", just a different repeat period.

So could you help me out here please?  Do you have a flight plan showing this problem please?