The simFlight Network Forums

Profiles question

Sorry for what is probably a silly question -- but I've read through the documentation and searched this forum and can't seem to find the answer. I'm using 5.124.

I understand how to add a specific aircraft to a profile (e.g. I can add the Jetstar VH-VFK A320 to my "A320" profile). What I'm missing is the ability to tell FSUIPC, as I'm pretty sure you could in earlier versions, to apply that profile by default to all FSL A320 specific aircraft. In other words, I'm looking for a way to avoid adding each aircraft manually.

Why do I care? Since I fly all over the virtual world, I will often use a given specific livery/aircraft in a one-off flight. It's not unusual for me to have a new aircraft each time I fly. It's a little thing, but am I missing a way to automatically have my A320 profile apply to all FSL A320s without having to manually add them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

James

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

What I'm missing is the ability to tell FSUIPC, as I'm pretty sure you could in earlier versions, to apply that profile by default to all FSL A320 specific aircraft. In other words, I'm looking for a way to avoid adding each aircraft manually.

You merely edit the [Profile ...] section in the FSUIPC INI file (in your Modules folder) so that the entry after the heading reads something like

1=A320

or some suitable part of the name to narrow it down to the FSL ones only.

This facilty is described in the documentation. eg. the first paragraph in the Profiles section of the Advanced User's guide (see contents for page number),  and Appendix 2 in the same document is a User Contribution which goes into more detail, with examples.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. My big mistake was in thinking the Profile name itself was where it was looking for the substring, not in the 1= part.

Like I said, silly question! Thanks again for helping me sort it out.

James