The simFlight Network Forums

Purchased / installed KSFO but wont load

Hogdriver

Ariel,

Are you sure? 

(Hogdriver hasn't mentioned whether he has Pro or regular T3D so I'll assume Pro for now and I'll also assume he has used the default install location for his T3D.)

The KSFO add-on default install location is C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D but for Pro I think the default install location should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro

I'm sure it needs the exclamation point/mark (US/UK), and I'm also sure that Ariel's 'Extensions\Airfields' sub-directory is unnecessary.

Nyerges Design has used a smart installer for all of their products with correct install paths, can FeelThere not do the same so that the correct install path is available to all purchasers first time every time?

Wayne 

19 hours ago, Hogdriver said:

So I purchased KSFO for Tower 3D pro about a week ago, I installed it and when I open the Sim it doesn't show available. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it and still no go. Any help would be good, thanks.

Bought it where and installed to where?

Are you talking about he actual airfield or about RealColor? If the latter, did you install the latest RealTraffic as you'd need to update it for SFO to use RealColor

Too many variables/not enough information..

22 hours ago, Hogdriver said:

KSFO for Tower 3D pro

Pro version. I apologize if I didn't specify that correctly.

Thank you all for helping me with the directory direction, it doesn't seem to default to the needed directory. I re-installed it to the correct directory and it created an Extension / Airfields folder in the other airfields folder (confusing i know) anyway, just cut and pasted the airport in the correct folder and it seems to work now. Thanks for the help.

Question why does it not go to the correct default folder? Just kind of curious.

You're probably not selecting the correct folder in the installer. It asks specifically for the version fo T3D you are running and will install to the respective folder. If you do not get this option in the installer it would be interesting to know where you bought the airport expansion.

15 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

You're probably not selecting the correct folder in the installer. It asks specifically for the version fo T3D you are running and will install to the respective folder. If you do not get this option in the installer it would be interesting to know where you bought the airport expansion.

For airports released by FeelThere it does not "ask specifically for the version of T3D". This a feature only Nyerges Design has implemented at this point.