The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

STB Client and Data Server Update V4.2.2018.13500 for Prepar3D-V4.2

Summary 

Client Update

I’m delighted to announce the availability of the next update for Super Traffic Board for Prepar3D V4.  This is V4.2.2018.13500, and the key changes are:

• Content for Just Flight Traffic Global (Early Access), including airline logos, aircraft and airline configuration.  As changes occur during the early access program, I will continue to update STB to reflect those changes.
  • Support for hotkeys:  Map the function keys (F1 to F12) to the most common STB commands.  I’ll talk a little more about this one in my a separate post.

Other changes since V4.2.2018.13500 include:

• Further enhancements to the user experience when issuing STB commands.  Once selected most commands now report what they are doing in the STB message area at the bottom of the screen.
  • Changed Uninstall process to use a "RunOnceID", which should help prevent excessive instances of the uninstall utilities being started.
  • Bug fix: During uninstall, the undeployment UI is only shown once even if the UnDeployer is invoked multiple times by the windows uninstall process.  This can happen as a result of installer configuration prior to this update.

As always consider this “early access” which is why I make it available through the forum here.  I’ve tested extensively and not found any problems, please let me know if how you get along with it.

STB Data Server Update

There’s also a new version of STB Data Server (STB-DS), again V4.2.2018.135.  The changes there include:

• Bug fix: tolerate traffic BGLs that do not contain any schedules that would otherwise resulting in an index loading exception.
  • Changed Uninstall configurtion to use a "RunOnceID", which should help prevent excessive instances of the uninstall utilities being started.
  • Bug fix: During uninstall, the undeployment UI is only shown once even if the UnDeployer is invoked multiple times by the windows uninstall process.  This can happen as a result of installer configuration prior to this update.

It’s is mandatory to install the STB Data Server update along with the client update if you are using STB on a separate computer to Prepar3D.  Remember the STB client goes on the other computer while STB Data Server is installed on your Prepar3D computer.

Simon

G'day Simon

I purchased STB yesterday from Simmarket and appear to have it working ok - have P3Dv4.2 installed. The files provided for install are as follows:

STB_4.0.2017.21200_Prepar3d_v4.Setup.exe and

STB_V32_P3D_48_Gold.zip

2 x other files for V2 and V3

The doco was somewhat lacking but the assumption was that the Gold.zip contained the client (installed to the P3D folder) and the V4.Setup subsequently installed. Three questions:

1. Is this correct?

2. I take from your post there are updated files or

3. Have I got it totally wrong and just need to run the current V4.2 file?

Appreciate any guidance.

Cheers Steve

4 hours ago, youngie63 said:

G'day Simon

I purchased STB yesterday from Simmarket and appear to have it working ok - have P3Dv4.2 installed. The files provided for install are as follows:

STB_V32_P3D_48_Gold.zip

2 x other files for V2 and V3

The doco was somewhat lacking but the assumption was that the Gold.zip contained the client (installed to the P3D folder) and the V4.Setup subsequently installed. Three questions:

1. Is this correct?

2. I take from your post there are updated files or

3. Have I got it totally wrong and just need to run the current V4.2 file?

Appreciate any guidance.

Cheers Steve

Not sure I understand it either, I've no visibility of what files any of the shops send out.  I'll have to ask them, what are the names of the other two files they sent you?

What I can say for sure is

1) "STB_4.0.2017.21200_Prepar3d_v4.Setup.exe" is the correct base installer for "STB V4 for Prepar3D V4.2"

2) Yes, the latest update for "STB V4 for Prepar3D V4.2" is  V4.2.2018.13500, accessible from http://bit.ly/2IHyrtD

3) You can't install the update (2018.13500) unless you already have the base (2017.21200 or later) installed.

Simon

On 16.5.2018 at 8:03 AM, flying-w said:

Client Update

I’m delighted to announce the availability of the next update for Super Traffic Board for Prepar3D V4.  This is V4.2.2018.13500, and the key changes are:

• Content for Just Flight Traffic Global (Early Access), including airline logos, aircraft and airline configuration.  As changes occur during the early access program, I will continue to update STB to reflect those changes.
  • Support for hotkeys:  Map the function keys (F1 to F12) to the most common STB commands.  I’ll talk a little more about this one in my a separate post.

What about us the FSX guys?

cheers
Thomas

1 hour ago, moskito-x said:

What about us the FSX guys?

cheers
Thomas

At the present time I don't have any updates to STB for FSX planned.    If it's the Traffic Global content you are interested in, I'll publish a procedure on how to do it for FSX over the weekend.

Simon

I still get an exception thrown when rebuilding database with multiweek traffic bgl's included. Not sure if those are covered by the bgl with no schedule you mention.

The STBDS version is latest as on this page.

12 hours ago, flying-w said:

Not sure I understand it either, I've no visibility of what files any of the shops send out.  I'll have to ask them, what are the names of the other two files they sent you?

What I can say for sure is

1) "STB_4.0.2017.21200_Prepar3d_v4.Setup.exe" is the correct base installer for "STB V4 for Prepar3D V4.2"

2) Yes, the latest update for "STB V4 for Prepar3D V4.2" is  V4.2.2018.13500, accessible from http://bit.ly/2IHyrtD

3) You can't install the update (2018.13500) unless you already have the base (2017.21200 or later) installed.

Simon

Hi Simon

Thanks for the quick response. I have removed STB and am in the process of reinstalling P3Dv4 as I write. The files provided by Simmarket are as follows:

FWS - SUPER TRAFFIC BOARD V3 FOR P3D    

STB_V32_P3D_48_Gold.zip (I have since learnt this is for P3DV3.2)

STB_3.3.2.10_P3DV2.setup.exe

STB_3.4.0.6_Prepar3D_V3.setup.exe

Cheers Steve

4 hours ago, mole_man99 said:

I still get an exception thrown when rebuilding database with multiweek traffic bgl's included. Not sure if those are covered by the bgl with no schedule you mention.

The STBDS version is latest as on this page.

As discussed elsewhere, this isn't in the update.  It's a significant piece of work and based on the info available at the time I wanted to wait and see if this becomes a permanent feature of AIGs work.

2 hours ago, youngie63 said:

Hi Simon

Thanks for the quick response. I have removed STB and am in the process of reinstalling P3Dv4 as I write. The files provided by Simmarket are as follows:

FWS - SUPER TRAFFIC BOARD V3 FOR P3D    

STB_V32_P3D_48_Gold.zip (I have since learnt this is for P3DV3.2)

STB_3.3.2.10_P3DV2.setup.exe

STB_3.4.0.6_Prepar3D_V3.setup.exe

Cheers Steve

Thanks - some clarification will be required here.  I'll work with SimMarket to resolve it.

The requirement is well understood.

8 hours ago, mole_man99 said:

On the multiweek plans, it's not just AIG adopting them. I have alot of plans now for business jets, where random schedules are more realistic. Got about 40 now from aibizjetproject.