Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
Braf123456

KMCO IS OUT

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

 

 

 

On 5/1/2018 at 11:04 AM, FeelThere said:

Who knows... Maybe a certain UK airport is already in work.. 🙂

 

Vic

 

So it's in work but obviously not the next one 😉

 

image.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting back on topic, I agree that KMCO does look good but I have never used the x16 function so much as I have with this airport.  IMHO this airport is for beginners, which probably means the real KMCO is very well designed and efficient.  But it is like running 2 not very busy airports, KMCO 'west' with terminals 1 & 3 and KMCO 'east' with terminals 2 & 4, with each 'airport' using one of its runways for landings and one for take-offs.  

I have also seen one gate spinner and one threshold spinner but I was not running the batch file at the time so no log to post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played an MP session at 16:00 and found the volume satisfying, but overall with RT most hours the traffic volume is less than 60. So, for those that are volume hungry or "experts" KMCO would probably require a custom schedule emphasizing higher (possibly unrealistic) traffic.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, crbascott said:

If you're not seeing it then it did not get installed in the good path. Screenshots of your folders will help determine the issue. 

this is that path  c:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, patric de brouwer said:

this is that path  c:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks

 

If you have Pro - that path is incorrect. It should be Tower!3D Pro instead of Tower 3D. And that particular path is for Real Color and not the airport - the airport path should be c:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crbascott said:

If you have Pro - that path is incorrect. It should be Tower!3D Pro instead of Tower 3D. And that particular path is for Real Color and not the airport - the airport path should be c:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro.

i dont have the pro version, but if i understand right i did buy eal colors at mco and not and not the aiport becourse is eee that that is a nother  price

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bitten the bullet and bought KMCO from Feel There. All installed and working fine..nice graphics

Didn't realize what a big airport it is in terms of how much it is spread out. Takes forever to taxi anywhere! 🙂

A quick operational question for those that know the airport. Is it general rule of thumb that those departing from the western side gates depart from 36R/18L and from the eastern side gates depart from 35L/17R or does it depend on destination?

Thanks

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, at this very minute everyone is departing from the eastern side because of storms to the west.

However under normal circumstances and traffic, the destination will be the primary determinant for the departing runway. in gameplay (and what I see from most youtubers) we have a tendency to just use the closest runway to the gate for departures and that's just not reality and not a holistic view of realistic traffic management. But then, as some people say ... it's just a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crbascott said:

Actually, at this very minute everyone is departing from the eastern side because of storms to the west.

However under normal circumstances and traffic, the destination will be the primary determinant for the departing runway. in gameplay (and what I see from most youtubers) we have a tendency to just use the closest runway to the gate for departures and that's just not reality and not a holistic view of realist traffic management. But then, as some people say ... it's just a game.

Thanks Craig,

Thought as much as have been watching on Flight Radar. Didn't realise the storm was the reason for all the eastern take off's at present and trust me Craig some people take this far more seriously than a game! 🙂

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gazza2868 said:

Thanks Craig,

Thought as much as have been watching on Flight Radar. Didn't realise the storm was the reason for all the eastern take off's at present and trust me Craig some people take this far more seriously than a game! 🙂

G

Don't worry I trust you - I have to trust the person who taught me the word pedantic. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda bored with KMCO already, all the usual airlines apart from 1 or 2 but they are few and far between, i think we got spoilt with EDDM and the different liveries there and for me seems to bore me alittle with just the main big American liveries.
So bring on EDDS i don't think i'll be bothering with any more US airports unless it's a big International one with lots of different traffic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rick_valentine said:

I'm kinda bored with KMCO already, all the usual airlines apart from 1 or 2 but they are few and far between, i think we got spoilt with EDDM and the different liveries there and for me seems to bore me alittle with just the main big American liveries.
So bring on EDDS i don't think i'll be bothering with any more US airports unless it's a big International one with lots of different traffic.

 

eddm is a great airport i do have a custom schedule for eddm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I like the idea of EDDS but until the traffic can utilize the high speed exits off the runways and not have to park leaving their tails exposed to the next arriving or departing aircraft on the runway it is going to be a pass for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2018 at 3:49 AM, Ripskin said:

Hmm, I like the idea of EDDS but until the traffic can utilize the high speed exits off the runways and not have to park leaving their tails exposed to the next arriving or departing aircraft on the runway it is going to be a pass for me. 

you can use the exit at taxiway command  an the will use the high speed exit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

you can use the exit at taxiway command  an the will use the high speed exit

True, but the sim basically treats high speed exits and other exits the same. Planes exit at 19 knots and then always come to a complete stop prior to taxiing to the ramp. If I'm not mistaken, @Ripskin is sharing a commonly voiced opinion about Pro that planes exit too slow and that the stops either shouldn't occur or occur too soon when compared to reality.

If you are interested in details on how the sim handles landings and exiting the runway, you are welcome to check out the following posts:
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85171-tower3d-pro-anatomy-of-a-ksfo-landing/
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/84430-tower3d-pro-anatomy-of-a-landing/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

you can use the exit at taxiway command  an the will use the high speed exit

Yeah, I do from time to time but they still slow down and go way to slow (taxi speeds) for the exits.

10 hours ago, crbascott said:

True, but the sim basically treats high speed exits and other exits the same. Planes exit at 19 knots and then always come to a complete stop prior to taxiing to the ramp. If I'm not mistaken, @Ripskin is sharing a commonly voiced opinion about Pro that planes exit too slow and that the stops either shouldn't occur or occur too soon when compared to reality.

This exactly.  I love going to DFW's observation area and watching the tower blitz the traffic.  One plane is barely passed the end of the runway and the next is rolling behind it.  Planes come in to land and shoot off the high speed exits surprisingly fast and within minimums the next plane is right there landing.  They'll either be clear between staggared pushes not quite at the runway so they move right across the departure runway or they wait for a few departures to create a space.  Its a beautiful art of choreographed madness.  Sadly that aspect is really hard to recreate in this simulation due to that required stop.  At airports like EDDM that really necessitate the high speed exits to maximize the airport at 100% it can be brutal.  Go around's are also not really viable unless you close a runway for the circling plane since we have no altitude control to avoid separation error's.  Eat the error, the crash or delete the plane.

I love EDDM, it's a great unique challenge and the custom schedule Braf put together for it is fun but it falls apart when planes putz down the runway at a snails pace to pull off and stop 1 at a time.  Cant even get 2 in that area.  Those 45 degree exits are made so planes can get efficiently clear of the runway without having to slow down so much.  This way a departure or arrival can make use of it.  If I issue their ramp / taxi commands they shouldn't need to stop unless they come up on an active runway or an issued command / problem.  Now with that I can be okay with them not putting in but planes should MOVE IT off the run way whenever possible to get clear and stop if the game design necessitates it. 

At LAX the southern runway has a similar problem.  It only comes into play with larger aircraft which typically use more of the runway to land but the stopping point on their exit leaves most of the plane still sitting on the runway blocking traffic.  You don't get runway error's because according to the game the plane is clear, but you will have a crash no matter what if you are moving planes along.

Until that situation is addressed, airports similar to EDDM that require planes to flow efficiently are a pass for me 😞.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2018 at 11:14 PM, Ripskin said:

   Go around's are also not really viable unless you close a runway for the circling plane since we have no altitude control to avoid separation error's.  Eat the error, the crash or delete the plane.

Since we do have limited control of the plane, and if the traffic is heavy I simply send them back to departure. That way I avoid an error and they can come back later and i don't have to delete them.   If the traffic is light enough I will issue vectors and when they are close, I give them a enter final for runway # and clear to land. Although if the traffic is light, you probably wouldn't have to issue the go around in the first place.

Peabody

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.