The simFlight Network Forums

New Liveries with KMCO

VenturaGuy101

With KMCO now out and with it being a mid-major international airport, the question will come up with what new liveries do I get if I download Real Color KMCO since there are already so many US airports available.  Well here are the exclusive liveries in RC for KMCO:

AAL|AA: {AMERICAN} American Airlines, United States
    B38M: BOEING 737-800 MAX, NARROW BODY JET [KMCO]

ASA|AS: {ALASKA} Alaska Airlines, United States
    A320: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A320, NARROW BODY JET [KMCO]
    A321: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A321, NARROW BODY JET [KMCO]

BAW|BA: {SPEED BIRD} British Airways, United Kingdom
    B77L: BOEING 777-200LR, WIDE BODY JET [KMCO]

LPE|LP: {LAN PERU} LAN Peru, Peru
    A319: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A319, NARROW BODY JET [KMCO]
    A320: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A320, NARROW BODY JET [KMCO]

SWQ|WQ: {SWIFT FLIGHT} Swift Air, United States
    B734: BOEING 737-400, NARROW BODY JET [KMCO]

AZU|AD: {Linhas Aéreas Brasileiras} Azul Airlines, Brazil
    A332: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A330-200, WIDE BODY JET [KMCO]

MTN|C2: {MOUNTAIN} Mountain Air Cargo, United States
    C182: CESSNA 182, PROP [KMCO]

SWG|WG: {SUNWING} Sunwing Airlines, Canada
    B738: BOEING 737-800, NARROW BODY JET [KMCO]

TSC|TS: {AIR TRANSAT} Air Transat, Canada
    B738: BOEING 737-800, NARROW BODY JET [KMCO]

SIL|3M: {SILVER WINGS} Silver Airways, United States
    SF34: SAAB 340, TURBOPROP [KMCO]

BHS|UP: {BAHAMAS} Bahamasair, Bahamas
    B735: BOEING 737-500, NARROW BODY JET [KMCO]

I don't think I'm hijacking this thread but there is an error with the newly added Silver Airways.

The line below needs to be deleted in the kmco_airlines file otherwise Silver Airways flights will show GFT on the strip and the callsign will be "Gulf Flight" not SIL and "Silver Wings" as listed by VenturaGuy101.

GFT, 3M, GULF FLIGHT, Gulfstream International Airlines, United States

(This airline ceased operations in 2010 and its assets were taken over by Silver Airways)

The line required for Silver Airways is already in the kmco_airlines file so no need to add it:

SIL, 3M, SILVER WINGS, Silver Airways, United States

VenturaGuy101, if you feel I have hijacked your thread PM me and I'll delete my post.

5 hours ago, nyergesdesign said:

A319 has the yellow Spirit livery and A320 has the white one.

Gabor

Hey Gabor,

Does this mean that every airport in the game has a yellow livery for A319 Spirit or just the MCO now. (i.e. when you add a new/amend a livery on an existing aircraft for a new RC airport release it retrospectively defaults to this livery for all existing airports in the Tower 3d Pro)?

Thanks

G

9 hours ago, nyergesdesign said:

A319 has the yellow Spirit livery and A320 has the white one.

Gabor

@nyergesdesign & @FeelThere,

Thank you for the addition of the yellow Spirit airlines livery - it was something I quietly asked for quite a while ago. 🙂
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/83980-real-color-survey-new-liveries/ 

Unfortunately I stumbled across some bad news when excitedly looking for bright yellow colored airplanes. 😞  Sadly, the Spirit yellow A319 livery will only be visible to those that just use or have RC for KMCO. For those of us with multiple (or all) RC packs with earlier versions of the Spirit A319 we will more than likely still see the old white livery.

Here is a screenshot of Terminal 3 with all RC packs loaded:

KMCO_All_RC.thumb.JPG.0d7a7f50f61abe74a710cce22b7b8197.JPG

Here is a screenshot of Terminal 3 with only RC for KMCO loaded:

KMCO_RC_KMCO_Only.thumb.JPG.26b8b9f4ceee12352bd19998b5df69c4.JPG

I assume this issue is caused by the order in which the RC packs are loaded, with common liveries being overlayed as each RC is loaded. Looking in the log file the order seems to be:
airplanes_texpack1   (TIST)
airplanes_texpack10 (KPHX)
airplanes_texpack11 (KSFO)
airplanes_texpack12 (EDDM)
airplanes_texpack13 (KMCO)
airplanes_texpack2  (KPHL)
airplanes_texpack3  (KLAX)
airplanes_texpack4  (KJFK)
airplanes_texpack5  (KSAN)
airplanes_texpack6  (KLAS)
airplanes_texpack7  (KATL)
airplanes_texpack8  (KBOS)
airplanes_texpack9  (KLGA).

With KMCO being loaded so early, the A319_nk from the other airports are overlaying it. Obviously there are multiple ways to fix the issue including changing the loading process, renumbering the texpacks with a leading zero to help the sort, update all the RC packs with the new A319 for Spirit, etc. You are smart, I'm sure you'll figure this out one way or another.

Thanks, Craig

3 hours ago, champs8507 said:

Also noticed that the Virgin 747's are plain white also, I gather the textures weren't included on RC?

What Virgin 747’s are you referring to?   What airport are you referring to?  I pulled up all Virgin 747’s that have been given w a liverry and all appear w color as intended.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 8:02 PM, crbascott said:

@nyergesdesign & @FeelThere,

Thank you for the addition of the yellow Spirit airlines livery - it was something I quietly asked for quite a while ago. 🙂
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/83980-real-color-survey-new-liveries/ 

Unfortunately I stumbled across some bad news when excitedly looking for bright yellow colored airplanes. 😞  Sadly, the Spirit yellow A319 livery will only be visible to those that just use or have RC for KMCO. For those of us with multiple (or all) RC packs with earlier versions of the Spirit A319 we will more than likely still see the old white livery.

Here is a screenshot of Terminal 3 with all RC packs loaded:

KMCO_All_RC.thumb.JPG.0d7a7f50f61abe74a710cce22b7b8197.JPG

Here is a screenshot of Terminal 3 with only RC for KMCO loaded:

KMCO_RC_KMCO_Only.thumb.JPG.26b8b9f4ceee12352bd19998b5df69c4.JPG

I assume this issue is caused by the order in which the RC packs are loaded, with common liveries being overlayed as each RC is loaded. Looking in the log file the order seems to be:
airplanes_texpack1   (TIST)
airplanes_texpack10 (KPHX)
airplanes_texpack11 (KSFO)
airplanes_texpack12 (EDDM)
airplanes_texpack13 (KMCO)
airplanes_texpack2  (KPHL)
airplanes_texpack3  (KLAX)
airplanes_texpack4  (KJFK)
airplanes_texpack5  (KSAN)
airplanes_texpack6  (KLAS)
airplanes_texpack7  (KATL)
airplanes_texpack8  (KBOS)
airplanes_texpack9  (KLGA).

With KMCO being loaded so early, the A319_nk from the other airports are overlaying it. Obviously there are multiple ways to fix the issue including changing the loading process, renumbering the texpacks with a leading zero to help the sort, update all the RC packs with the new A319 for Spirit, etc. You are smart, I'm sure you'll figure this out one way or another.

Thanks, Craig

i have reload all the texpacks an im still not getting the yellow sprint livery

59 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

i have reload all the texpacks an im still not getting the yellow sprint livery

What you are seeing is exactly what I explained in my post. At the moment, the only way to see the yellow A319 is to only load RC for KMCO. 

6 hours ago, hexzed said:

I have renumbered the files with a leading zero, and Spirit is now showing yellow on all airports for the A319 🙂

Wow, that actually works and it seems to load all the RC files. I wasn't brave enough to try it myself. 😏

57 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

What order did you put them in

If you're asking that question you're obviously a little confused. You'll rename airplanes_texpack1 to airplanes_texpack01airplanes_texpack1.manifest to airplanes_texpack01.manifest, and so on. To be safe, I'd suggest making a backup of your Texturepacks folder before doing this.

The sim will then load the texpacks in numerical order with KMCO being last. You should then see the yellow Spirit A319 at all airports where it appears in the schedule you are running.

24 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

I deleted all the texture pack an installed then again I noticed I had the yellow spirit livery thru all them until I installed the first texture pack so I think something is wrong with the first texture pack 

You're not understanding - deleting and reinstalling is unnecessary. I can help you via PM or on the Discord server tonight if you'd like. 

@hexzed said "I have renumbered the files with a leading zero, and Spirit is now showing yellow on all airports for the A319 🙂"

@crbascott said "Wow, that actually works and it seems to load all the RC files. I wasn't brave enough to try it myself. 😏"

Yep just tried this one myself as well and it works fine. Nice one @hexzed

@crbascott Yeah i saw you mentioned the leading zero and gave it a shot. Luckily it worked and all texturepacks loaded.

Then as i was playing KLAX i noticed the yellow A319 so i knew your suggestion had worked perfectly.