The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

How to Configure STB for Just Flight Traffic Global

*** Updated 22 Aug 2018

I've updated STB with the latest content for TrafficGlobal Early Access V1.1.0.7 which covers a number of new airlines.  STB will continue to deliver  content through it's update mechanism from time to time as Traffic Global continues to evolve, but there may be a considerable delay before such updates are available.  In the meantime importing the new TrafficGlobal content independently is very simple, please see the PDF for details.

How to configure STB for Just Flight Traffic Global.pdf

PS. I am indebted to my friend Dave Mould whom provided very generous amounts of time and effort to help with the Traffic Global content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Packages updated today to reflect the content of Early Access V1.1.0.3, including materials for GA Traffic.  Please follow the instructions in the PDF to reapply, re-downloading the files mentioned.

Simon

Hey Simon...new release I guess today of Early Access 1.1.0.5,   6-20-2018

Thanks,

Bob M.

I get the error below with TG 1.07 and STB don't know what to do to fix it.  It appears to have something to do with an invalid .bgl file.

An exception occurred while trying to compile a new airports database.

As a result of this error, the default airport database will be used.  The default database does not contain flight schedules, airport data (runways and parking) or airport names you may have customized.  This may result in incorrect flight numbers being displayed, incorrect departures schedules for aircraft moved to the stand by approach control, and flight distance data will be more limited. 

System.IO.InvalidDataException: Invalid BGL file D:\Users\Rick\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\TrafficGlobal\scenery\TrafficGlobal_myFlights.bgl found in scenery library entry TrafficGlobal A.I. Traffic (D:\Users\Rick\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\TrafficGlobal).  Additional details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex

Exception Stack Trace:
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.BitConverter.ToUInt32(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.BglDatabase.ExtractIndexes() in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\BglDatabase.cs:line 261
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.FlightPlanBglDatabase.AddFlightPlansToAirports(Dictionary`2 airports) in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\FlightPlanBglDatabase.cs:line 611
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.TrafficBgl.LoadAirportFlightPlan(Dictionary`2 airports, AircraftCompiler aircraftCompiler) in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\TrafficBgl.cs:line 549
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.LoadFlightPlans(TrafficBgl trafficBgl) in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 240
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.LoadFlightPlansFromBGLsInPath(String description, String path) in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 1022

Exception Stack Trace:
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.LoadFlightPlansFromBGLsInPath(String description, String path) in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 1026
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.LoadFlightPlansFromLibraryPath(String description, String path) in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 965
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.ProcessSceneryEntry(SimContentConfigItem sceneryConfigItem) in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 927
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.LoadFlightPlans(ISimContentDatabase db) in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 908
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.PerformCompileSteps() in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 210
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.Compile() in D:\OneDrive\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 163

This problem is well understood, and caused by a traffic file (BGL) that does not contain any flights.  Two choices

1) rename " D:\Users\Rick\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\TrafficGlobal\scenery\TrafficGlobal_myFlights.bgl " to something other than .bgl. 

2) Update your STB, I fixed this in recent updates both for FSX and Prepar3D V4.  What version of STB are you currently using?

Thanks
Simon

As it turned out, even though I purchased it just today, it wasn't the latest version.  So, I will get that and try again - thanks!

The latest official updates can be found here in this forum, and also the beta updates.  They don't usually end up in the shops, just the base product.

Simon..not sure it has anything to do with you...or TG 1.1.7...I am seeing aircraft with the same number 4 or 5 times on the stb board. I don't get any error message from p3dv4.3 about duplicated [Fltsim] stuff but is there any program that can can to see if a airline or airplanes has duplicate entries. if anything exists.

Thanks,

Bob M.

On 8/19/2018 at 11:34 AM, unc1rlm said:

Simon..not sure it has anything to do with you...or TG 1.1.7...I am seeing aircraft with the same number 4 or 5 times on the stb board. I don't get any error message from p3dv4.3 about duplicated [Fltsim] stuff but is there any program that can can to see if a airline or airplanes has duplicate entries. if anything exists.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Do you mean flight number?  There are problems with duplication in the TrafficGlobal shedule that Just Flight is working on.  I am also aware of some problems with STB schedule predictions failing to reconcile the operating AI aircraft when it appears in the sim, which can also be duplication.   To elimiate the latter problem, switch STB into "Summary Mode".  If you still see duplicate flights, it's more likely to be an issue for Just Flight.  If so, please do report it to them.

image.png.e027f276d7ec8adf7ad61055d5d71308.png

Traffic Global Content (Airline logs and configuration) have been updated for Traffic Global V1.1.0.7.  Please see top forum entry for how to get and import the content.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I created a flight in Traffic Global and tested it which worked fine.

When I ran STB instead of the flight number showing on the board it just showed a zero.

I re-checked TG My AI flights and in my listing it was still there as BY5724.

Do you have any suggestions?

Flight numbers come from the STB Airports database as the simulator does not publish them unti the AI begins departure.  Please recompile the database in STB and see what happens to the flight numbers.

Simon