The simFlight Network Forums

Capt. Sim C-130 Key assign question

Is it possible to use FSUIPC to assign a keyboard command that will make the default GPS pop-up window appear (and disappear)?  The C-130's

"Sim Icons" feature provides for this;  but I haven't been able to determine how to assign the GPS pop-up function to a joystick button.

Thank you,

Ken Boardman

5 hours ago, elsmoko said:

Is it possible to use FSUIPC to assign a keyboard command that will make the default GPS pop-up window appear (and disappear)?  The C-130's

"Sim Icons" feature provides for this;  but I haven't been able to determine how to assign the GPS pop-up function to a joystick button

If there's a keyboard shortcut for it, then yes, you can assign a button to send that shortcut. If not see if it is susceptible to mouse Macro use -- if you are using P3D4 and the latest FSUIPC5 then it will be as now ALL mouse actions can be programmed.

Otherwise the only thing I can think is whether it uses local panel variables (L:Vars). If so you can probably make a macro for it. Use the FSUIPC added control to list Lvars, or, better, the supplied lua plug-in to log them as they change.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm still flying the FSX Acceleration.  Hope to get to try P3D soon.  I've read that the latest version is 64 bit.

My PC is a bit "long in the tooth",  so I'll likely install P3D after I build my next PC. 

The Capt Sim C-130 I've been messing with had a Radar pop-up assigned to the Panel.cfg "Windowo8",  and the  

"Shift + 9" key combo.

The GPS(500) appears as Window16 in the Panel.cfg with no keys assigned to activate it (Sim Icon activated only).

Captain Sim assigned all of the Shift + ..  key combos (1 through 9) to pop-ups other than the GPS. 

Since having a GPS toggle assigned to a stick button is more important to me (than the Radar)  I decided to

try "bashing" the Panel.cfg by copying / pasting the GPS (Window16) section of the Panel..cfg into the

"Window08" section (deleting the Radar section).   Basically replacing the Radar section lines with exact copy of

the "Window16" GPS lines.  I left the Window16 (GPS) section "in place" because I figured the Sim Icons

GPS button function might be affected if I removed it (Window16). 

I then assigned Shift + 9 key combo to joystick button and it now toggles the GPS pop-up.  A nice surprise ~:)

The GPS Sim Icons button still functions correctly also.

As they say, " I'd rather be lucky than good."

Best regards,

Ken

Thank you Reinhard.  I am not sure where or how to apply the Panel ID parameters.   Also,  Where are the window ident numbers / parameters

located so I can look them up?  I apologize,  but I haven't had much experience with this type of control assignment technique.

Best regards,

Ken

Hi,

On page 26 in the User Guide you see the screenshot for assigning buttons. On the right side you select for FS control. Then you select "Panel Id Open" as control sent when the button is pressed.  And in the parameter field you enter the window ident.

Rgds

Reinhard

Found the Window Idents in the Panel.cfg.  I may be on the road to success.

What generates the Window Ident(s) ?  Or are the Window Idents arbitrary ?  The Window Ident

that I need to use for the gps window pop-up is "GPS_PANEL".  When I enter this into the FSUIPC

parameter block on the Key Presses tab,  it does not transfer to the right hand side with the other

entries /data when "Confirm" button is pressed  and the key combo (CTL + /) doesn't work. 

When I experimented with a different Window (Radar pop-up) that has a number (instead of words), 

all  the data transferred to the RH side of the FSUIPC window tab,  and the experiment worked.

I use a CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals.  I have been using the CH Control Manager

to program the buttons.  Is this interfering in any way with what I am trying to accomplish with

button programming in FSUIPC ?  Or does the button programming In FSUIPC override the CH

programming ?

Thank you,

Ken

Hi,

The SDK allows to us for standard windows (like GPS) to use names (like GPS_PANEL). Behind them there are nubers coded. Here is the list of the corresponding numbers to the names:

MAIN_PANEL					0
MAIN_PANEL_ALT1					1
MAIN_PANEL_ALT2					2
MAIN_PANEL_ALT3					3
MAIN_PANEL_ALT4					4
MAIN_PANEL_ALT5					5
MAIN_PANEL_ALT6					6
MAIN_PANEL_ALT7					7
MAIN_PANEL_ALT8					8
MAIN_PANEL_ALT9					9
THROTTLE_PANEL					10
RADIO_STACK_PANEL				50
COMPASS_PANEL					75
MINI_CONTROLS_PANEL				100
ANNUNCIATOR_PANEL				125
ANNUNCIATOR2_PANEL				150
IFR_MAIN_PANEL					175
COLLECTIVE_PANEL				200
GPS_PANEL					225
OVERHEAD_PANEL					250
PARKING_BRAKE_PANEL				251
FLAPS_TRIM_PANEL				252
FUEL_PANEL					253
ELECTRICAL_PANEL				254
TRIM_PANEL					255
LANDING_GEAR_PANEL				256
MISC_POPUP_1					260
MISC_POPUP_2					261
MISC_POPUP_3					262
MISC_POPUP_4					263
MISC_POPUP_5					264
MISC_POPUP_6					265
MISC_POPUP_7					266
MISC_POPUP_8					267
MISC_POPUP_9					268
MISC_POPUP_10					269

So for GPS_PANEL you use the parameter 225. User defined windows typically have numbers.

Rgds
Reinhard

Thank you again Reinhard,  for the list.  I will keep it where I can find it when needed.  And I will try the 225 (GPS panel) code asap.

Do you happen to know how controls, buttons that are programmed in FSUIPC interact with programmed JStick, etc buttons (ie Saitek,

CH, Thrustmaster) that have been programmed with the stick manufacturer's software ?  Do they override,  peacefully coexist,  etc. ? 

I have always used the manufacturer's software (mostly CH and Thrustmaster) to program my buttons.

Best regards,

Ken

Hi,

A clear rule, which I follow strictly: If you work with FSUIPC, then configure things only via FSUIPC. If you want to use the own software, then stay with that software. Any mix of assignments, software components, etc. complicate things. And failures are not clear, where they have been created.

I did everything via FSUIPC and LUA programming. No need for specific Saitelk or GoFlight software.

Rgds
Reinhard

The 225 code worked perfect.  I am also able to apply this FSUIPC procedure to assign a button that makes the Yoke disappear.

Now I need to decide how I want to program my buttons.  Thank you for your fast responses and all the valuable information.

Best regards,

Ken