The simFlight Network Forums

quick question about the Vrinsight Overhead A320 Panel

hope someone can help...i have an Vrinsight A320 Overhead Panel and i love it, but unfortunately the panel is restricted to very few planes. i would like to use it with more aircrafts just even if only to turn lights on and off ...how do i get FSUIPC to pick it up...right now it picks up all my controls minus the Overhead? 

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated 

Manuel 

5 hours ago, ManueljbSantos said:

hope someone can help...i have an Vrinsight A320 Overhead Panel and i love it, but unfortunately the panel is restricted to very few planes. i would like to use it with more aircrafts just even if only to turn lights on and off ...how do i get FSUIPC to pick it up...right now it picks up all my controls minus the Overhead? 

Did it come with software needed for those planes it does support? If it is not a standard USB device, and i very much doubt it is, then it does need its own drivers to read and interpret the switches, and send the correct data to the displays and gauges.

This can be done with a Lua plug-in for FSUIPC, but it is a true programming job which would also need fully detailed information about the encoding in the USB traffic. If VRI do not supply such information, then the only way would be via a careful investigation into the USB traffic between the device and the PC when it is being used normally by the software supplied by VRI.  That needs a USB monitor program. 

I have done that sort of work before and it is quite interesting, but it is impossible without having the device itself. If you are not a programmer your best bets are:
1. Appealing to VRI to support the aircraft you want to use, or
2. Finding another user of that overhead who is also a programmer and who would be willing to take on such a task.

However, if you only want to be able to use a few switches, like the lights, it becomes a little easier, but still involving a little Lua programming. The com library in Lua provides quite good HID facilities which allow simple Lua plug-ins to determine switch settings. See the HidDemo.lua plug-in provided in your Examples ZIP (in the FSUIPC documents folder).

Pete