The simFlight Network Forums

FLT & LAND ALT

Are their fsuipc variables for controlling the displays on the B737 FLT and LAND ALT displays on the Overhead Panel.  I built a B737-800 Overhead Panel using Open Cockpits displays and encoders and I'm trying to get them to work in Prosim737.  The script I downloaded from Open Cockpits for Prosim737 has a separate variable for each 7 segment display but in Prosim737 there is only one variable entry for all five segments in FLT ALT and LAND ALT.  If I try entering the lowest segment display variable Prosim locks up.  The encoders are changing the values as shown in the IOCPConsole but they are not being written to my displays or the ones in the Prosim Overhead.   I've contacted Prosim and Open Cockpits but I haven't gotten a solution from either.  I was wondering if you had any input on this?

Also, is there a way to save my joystick inputs in FSUIPC when installing the latest version so I don't have to re-enter everything?

Jerry

7 hours ago, Jerry McCarroll said:

Are their fsuipc variables for controlling the displays on the B737 FLT and LAND ALT displays on the Overhead Panel

FSUIPC can only off whatever Flight Sim provides, from its nuilt-in facilities, and I'm afraid scant attention is paid there to the pressurisation panel. Add-ons like PMDG's aircraft supply their own.

I built a B737-800 Overhead Panel using Open Cockpits displays and encoders and I'm trying to get them to work in Prosim737.  The script I downloaded from Open Cockpits for Prosim737 has a separate variable for each 7 segment display but in Prosim737 there is only one variable entry for all five segments in FLT ALT and LAND ALT.  If I try entering the lowest segment display variable Prosim locks up. 

You need ProSim's help with that, or elase Open Cockpits for details of how to modify their script to deal with your specific hardware build.

I've contacted Prosim and Open Cockpits but I haven't gotten a solution from either. 

I'm sure you should get advice for one or the other if not both.

The only thing I can think off would be for you to get ProSim to write the values to an FSUIPC user offset (something in the region 66C0 to 66FF, an then write yourself a little Lua plug-in to convert that to the form you want, in other User Offsets. After that t should be easy enough to modify the Script to suit your build.

Also, is there a way to save my joystick inputs in FSUIPC when installing the latest version so I don't have to re-enter everything?

You should never have to delete your setting! When you update just run the Installer!!! No settings are ever changed!

Pete

10 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

The only thing I can think off would be for you to get ProSim to write the values to an FSUIPC user offset (something in the region 66C0 to 66FF, an then write yourself a little Lua plug-in to convert that to the form you want, in other User Offsets. After that t should be easy enough to modify the Script to suit your build.

Thanks for your reply Pete.  I've never worked with FSUIPC user offsets or Lua plug-ins.  Maybe if I could find a turorial on how to do this, otherwise I'll have to depend on OC or Prosim for a solution.

Jerry

1 hour ago, Jerry McCarroll said:

I've never worked with FSUIPC user offsets or Lua plug-ins.  Maybe if I could find a turorial on how to do this,

There are lots of Lua examples provided in your FSUIPC Documents folder, and other examples in the User Contributions forum here.

Pete