The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek throttle qudrants wont work in FSX

I am new to this, sorry if this has already been answered. I registered FSUIPC and started to do set up for buttons and switches , that went well. Then I tried to do the same for the Saitek quadrants using the calibration menu and nothing works. What am I doing wrong, tks

2 hours ago, Andre Pizzardi said:

I registered FSUIPC and started to do set up for buttons and switches , that went well. Then I tried to do the same for the Saitek quadrants using the calibration menu and nothing works

Are the quadrant levers assigned to anything? Unless you assign them, whether in FSX or FSUIPC, then there's nothing to calibrate. The calibration operates on the controls inside FS, it doesn't operate on the levers themselves.

Assignment is the process of associating the levers or dials to the function you wish them to fulful. You can assign throttle quadrant levers to anything, not just the obvious. In fact they all look the same internally, just a variable input.

Pete

13 hours ago, Andre Pizzardi said:

still having issues with buttons and switches but will keep trying. I presume they have to be setup same as the quadrants.

Buttons and switches just need assigning to whatever you want them to do. what else? In your original message you said:

"started to do set up for buttons and switches , that went well."

so what happened since then?

Have you tried looking at the User Guide? It does explain things and includes pictures. It really isn't difficult.

Pete