The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

End of Development for STB for Prepar3D version prior to V4.2 and FSX Steam Edition Side by Side announced

To keep pace with the market and the needs of the majority of users, the time has come to retire development for the older products, including:

• Prepar3D V1;
  • Prepar3D V2;
  • Prepar3D V3;
  • Prepar3D V4.0 and V4.1;
  • FSX Steam edition when installed "side by side" on the same computer with Microsoft FSX;

If one of these is your simulator, you can continue to enjoy and use STB as it stands today, however I won't be making any more changes to the software, addressing defects and support will be limited to know issues. 

Of course the following will continue although the Prepar3D platform will be the focus as it is the only one under active development by the manufacturer:

• Prepar3D V4.2
  • Microsoft FSX and FSX Steam Edition (standalone)

Many thanks

Simon

• Like 2

Hi Simon

I’m not using STB at the moment but I just wanted to say thank you for your ongoing work. I think your decision makes complete sense. 

Kind regards

Jason

Thanks for your understanding, there's only so much of me to go around and this enables me to focus on the good stuff in Prepar3D.

Simon