The simFlight Network Forums

*Update- voices back!* Haven't played in a while, a question

CL30

Sorry for this silly question, but I haven't played T3D Pro in ages and I just can't remember!  Should I be hearing voices of the pilots when I issue commands, or when they call for landing, etc.?  Not hearing anything from them.  I'm only typing, so no speech recognition issues.  I just want to make sure that's correct.  Thanks!

Thanks, yeah, I figured a lot had changed (I found the current versions thread) so I deleted everything, downloaded fresh stuff, installed and ran as Administrator.  I didn't reboot though, so I'll give that a shot.

Ok, restarted the computer.  I still don't hear any voices.  My computer has been recently updated (I have Win 10).

I've got T3D Pro, ATL, and RealTraffic installed at the moment.  I may delete everything again and reinstall, one-by-one, to see if one program is causing it, or if the game is messed up on its own.

Thanks again!

Edit:  Uninstalled, and re-installed T3D Pro only, no other add-ons.  No voices.  So I should be hearing voices then, right?  That's what I don't remember and want to make sure I'm not losing my mind, lol.

14 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Yes you should. Are you running your PC in English US? 

Ok, thanks for the answer!  Yep, running in English.  I found that other thread with the tutorial for setting up voice recognition, and I made sure my settings were all set per the example, even though I'm not planning to use voice recognition.

Any other thoughts?  

One thing I've notice with uninstalling and deleting the game is that even though I've completely removed it from the directory, each new install seems to retain the previous settings I had.  Makes me think it's actually not being fully uninstalled and/or fully deleted.  I'm installing it in the directory it wants to install:  C:, Program Files (x86), etc. and that's the one I'm deleting.  Am I missing something?  I'm not a computer genius though, that's for sure!

On 6/7/2018 at 11:30 PM, FeelThere Ariel said:

Windows updates have sometimes done their trick... is it possible for you to uninstall the latest Win10 update to verify this is not causing the problem?

I suppose I could look into doing that, but I remember now that voice wasn't working the previous time I played (months ago), and would have been several updates ago most likely.

8 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Okay, so this is confusing because you said the problem was no pilots voices, not the voice recognition? If you are having issues with the voice recognition also, could you please post all required logs and information as described in this post? Thanks!

No, not the recognition- the pilot voices.  I'm not trying to speak.  (I did try that in the past and it worked fine, before all voices were lost).  Sorry for the confusion, I think I left of an "s" on "voice" in the last post, haha.

The problem is strictly that I'm not hearing pilot voices, though all other game sounds are fine.  Thanks, Ariel!

I'll read through the forum to see if I can find how to do that, thanks. 

Basically, you need me to just run the game for a bit (move some aircraft around) and post a log?  Only asking because it's not any one "event;" it just happens from start to stop of the game.

Well, I'm looking around the forums and can't really find where the log file is.  I read a pinned thread that talked about running the .bat file...is that "Windows Batch File?"  I'm not too computer savvy.  I ran that, but got a window saying "the player is already running."  I looked through all the Tower 3D Pro files and folders and couldn't find any log files.  Might have to tell me how to do it, sorry.

The log file should be in your main "Tower!3D Pro" folder. you should see:

game.log

speech.log

tower3d.exe

tower3d.bat (run this one, then exit the game and post game.log in the forum)

If you have file extensions turned off, you may not see the .bat and .exe and .log parts of the files.  I don't have Win10 so I don't know if things changed, but if extensions are off, you can RIGHT-click on "tower3d" select Properties and look at "Type of file", one will say 'application", the other will be a "Windows Batch file". Run that one, then upload the "game" file (game.log).

9 hours ago, Peabody said:

The log file should be in your main "Tower!3D Pro" folder. you should see:

game.log

speech.log

tower3d.exe

tower3d.bat (run this one, then exit the game and post game.log in the forum)

If you have file extensions turned off, you may not see the .bat and .exe and .log parts of the files.  I don't have Win10 so I don't know if things changed, but if extensions are off, you can RIGHT-click on "tower3d" select Properties and look at "Type of file", one will say 'application", the other will be a "Windows Batch file". Run that one, then upload the "game" file (game.log).

Peabody, thanks for the help!

So you're saying that in the main folder I should see all of those files?  I have none of those.  This is what's in my Tower!3D Pro main folder:

• mmwindow (folder)
  • tower3d_data (folder)
  • tower3d (.bat file)
  • tower3d (application)
  • tower3d.rec (REC file)
  • Uninstall

If the game/speech logs post to the main folder, then they don't appear.  I looked for them while the game was running, and after exiting the game, and I never saw them.  I've been through all subfolders, but still didn't see them.  Using your help, I ran the Bat file (didn't get any logs though).  Thanks!

Could you show us a screenshot of your Tower!3DPro folder please?

If you are unable to find it in the main Tower!3DPro folder, you can also look in the Tower!3D_Data folder, and there you should find the output.log file. You will have to run a session duplicating this problem you are describing. 

Here is a screenshot of the main folder.  I've looked in the _Data folder, and all subfiles/subfolders, and never saw an output.log file.  I'm heading out of the house for a little while right now, but I'll run the game (.bat) again when I get a chance I will look again to make sure that I didn't miss the .log files somewhere.  Thank you both for the help!

X49wL3K.png?2

16 minutes ago, crbascott said:

You should definitely see an output_log.txt file in your Tower3d_Data folder. If not, you probably need to adjust your permissions on the Tower!3D Pro and subfolders for Full Control, Modify, and Write.

Okay, I went into all of the folders and changed the permissions as you said (they were not checked to Allow, but are now) and ran the game a couple of times (.bat).  Still no output_log.txt that I can see.  These two screen shots are from the Tower!3D Pro and Tower!3D_data folders during the session.  I left the screen shots larger so that it's easier to see everything.  

9n3aVKJ.png?1

eu5X5Ey.png?1

22 minutes ago, winsaudi said:

CL30,

If you are starting T3D with the tower3d application, try the tower3d Windows Batch File. Different icon to select the start of T3D, but I find it is the only way to generate the output log.

Wayne

Thanks for the suggestion!

I normally do start it with the T3D app, however, based on some of these recent comments, I've been starting it with the Batch file.  Still no luck.  Gonna restart my computer and try it again as I forgot to restart it after these last changes.

EDIT:  Did a shutdown, restart, and ran the game again (Batch file).  Still no output_log anywhere that I can find, and still no pilot voices.

Voices are working!

I played for over an hour at LAX with no voices, and again, no output_log.  I got frustrated, so I uninstalled the game and went back to my email for the download link.  Something caught my eye while I was on the email.

NOTE: Please pay attention to where your browser saves the file. We recommend that you select the "Desktop" location when the "Save As" dialog comes up.

I decided that this time I would save the game to Desktop instead of allowing it to create its own folder.  I've never noticed that before.  Anyway, I checked out the Data folder first and saw an output_log file there!  I got excited and ran the game- boom, voices!

Now, another question...  So I've got to re-install my other airports and RealTraffic now.  Where do I need to install those now?

Thanks again, everyone, for the assistance!