The simFlight Network Forums

Novice FSUIPC user

1 hour ago, les trickett said:

The tab doesn't activate switch if I try another switch nothing happens.

where am I going wrong 

I have tried it in both 2d cockpit and virtual cockpit

What aircraft? What version of FSUIPC? What version of P3D?

LINDA has nothing to do with it. Not sure what the picture was for. You meed to give essential information, please, not pictures of things.

Please entitle your threads with something meaningful, relating to the problem you are asking about. Then folks will be more likely to help when I'm on holiday, for example. "Novice FSUIPC user" is not at all helpful.

Pete

30 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

What aircraft? What version of FSUIPC? What version of P3D?

LINDA has nothing to do with it. Not sure what the picture was for. You meed to give essential information, please, not pictures of things.

Please entitle your threads with something meaningful, relating to the problem you are asking about. Then folks will be more likely to help when I'm on holiday, for example. "Novice FSUIPC user" is not at all helpful.

Pete

And okay to the name of thread.

I am not knowledgeable about what to post where

•  
  • les trickett
  •  
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Locationuk
I have posted this under a new topic Posted just now

I have posted this in a new topic entitled Help making a mouse macro.

IS THIS OKAY

I am attempting to create a mouse macro

FSUIPS 5 VER 5.131

P3D V4.1.7

PMDG 737-600NGX

When use create macro in FSUIPC the following appears on the p3d screen when I Operate a button with mouse nothing happens

TOP LEFT SCREEN READS

sim connect message window

Making Macro File:"Chime"

Rectangle 131443/Click Type 10

Press Tab to Test 

If Okay enter name

All I wanted to do was Build a simple 737 cockpit.

I bought saitek still that didn' work I was told I needed spadnext.

I bought that no instructions available for the novice. Finally cracked it.

Then I was told I needed to purchase FSUIPC which I have all I need is a simple set of instructions in how to program buttons and switches and encoders.

I try and try to understand all the posts and YouTube videos in fact I've spent hours at it.

I am at the point now of giving up.

Maybe this is not for me.

I have not got the money to spend on go flight etc wished I had.

I just thought wrongly I could do it

2 hours ago, les trickett said:

All I wanted to do was Build a simple 737 cockpit.

Not easy with PMDG aircraft. They are very complex, and do their own thing, with their own contorl methods.

I thought you'd moved to the other thread you started, with a better title. i replied there. Why are you continuing this one?

Then I was told I needed to purchase FSUIPC

What for? Who told you that?

all I need is a simple set of instructions in how to program buttons and switches and encoders.

It is very easy for almost all aircraft, needing no more than the instructions already provided in the User Guide.  The PMDG does not obey the standard set of controls built into the simulator. Maybe you needed to research the aircraft you were going to spend money on, first?

Really, for help with PMDG you need the PMDG forum.  I don't use PMDG aircraft and, whilst I support them to the extent that i read their specific data structures and make that data available to programmers, it just is not possible to support all the switches and buttons in a normal consistent manner. They are all different and require specific attention.

Pete

It's okay Peter a nice chap from Turkey just spent 4 hours on  teamviewer showing me how to use event ids and parmeters. Using switches and encoders. 

When I have a moment I will post it on the forums to try and help other people like me.

All the best

Les