The simFlight Network Forums

New Airports For Tower 3D Pro

shyguyseattle

My two cents would be to put more effort into either releasing a new version of T3D, or correcting the current version instead of continually releasing new airports.  

I really don't want to come across as bashing the Devs at all- it's a great game, with tremendous amounts of detail and, no doubt, a ton of work and man-hours involved!  Bashing is not my intent, and I hope it's constructive.

What I mean by my opening statement is I would like to see them correct a lot of the headaches that we're dealing with in the current version, such as the slowww pace of exiting the runways, etc.  I just downloaded KSFO an hour or two ago and spent this time playing it.  If you're trying to run a normal flow (Arrive 28L/R, Depart 1L/R), it's pretty much impossible to play it.  I have planes lined up on the 1s for takeoff, but I can't get them airborne because the planes take two weeks to turn off the runway, or they exit the runway PRIOR to crossing 1L/R, which is unrealistic.  There's no way you can launch planes unless you get lucky and have a decent gap on arrivals.

I'm experimenting with other runway configurations...I think the game allows for that (normally there are some runways they don't really use due to terrain), but it's frustrating to spend more money and find the problems are still there.  More airports are certainly GREAT!!!  However, I'd like to see the root of the problem fixed before releasing more airports, but again, that's just me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CL30 said:

What I mean by my opening statement is I would like to see them correct a lot of the headaches that we're dealing with in the current version, such as the slowww pace of exiting the runways, etc.  I just downloaded KSFO an hour or two ago and spent this time playing it.  If you're trying to run a normal flow (Arrive 28L/R, Depart 1L/R), it's pretty much impossible to play it.  I have planes lined up on the 1s for takeoff, but I can't get them airborne because the planes take two weeks to turn off the runway, or they exit the runway PRIOR to crossing 1L/R, which is unrealistic.  There's no way you can launch planes unless you get lucky and have a decent gap on arrivals.

The was a very detailed post about this just after release, basically tell left to exit at Tango? and right at quebec

Don't have my computer with me right now, but I don't think it would really solve the problem.  They're taking forever to cross 1L/R after touchdown, which prevents 1L/R from departures as the next aircraft on final for 28L/R is already getting in too close. If they could code the planes to keep the speed up and slow after crossing 1L/R (like real life), then it's not an issue. Them exiting isn't a problem, just the time on the runways (like the issue with most airports in game).

I've been away from the forums up until this week, so I'll see if I can go find that post you're talking about. Thanks!

I agree with all said about SFO. A work around that I have found is to depart CRJ, A320's (generally small A/C) from 1L or 1R @ Twy Golf. If yr quick you can get them off between landings on the 28's. Forget it though if yr slow giving the T/O cmd or they "say again" or "negative". There isn't enough time to repeat the cmd.

Kev M

I just made it through a 1.5 hour session (100% traffic, with RealTraffic) without any penalties, finally!!!  

Arriving 19L/R, Departing 28L/R.  Finally got a good flow going, ground routings figured out, and timing of arrivals vs takeoff clearances.  🤩

• 3 weeks later...

At this point I am moving into the "Let's get cracking on the next version" corner.

Honestly, to me it isn't worth spending too much time anymore (after the reply to my KPHL  post) trying to convince FT to fix broader issues or airports. All we can do at this point is report the existing issues, which I think we have done well, and hope they build the new version to correct some underlying fundamental gameplay behavior and capabilities.

I have a mental laundry list of stuff I would like to see changed, fixed or improved upon; possibly scrapped and re-imagined or re-coded. Pretty much all the same ones you guys know about already.

So here's looking forward to the next version of Tower3D! Pro.

3 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Whoever wished an Australian and Canadian airport after EDDS is going to be happy... 🙂

Big news! I hope in 3 years from now this game has the busiest airports worldwide. That would be amazing to choose from. 1 hour at KLAX 1 hour EHAM 1 hour VHHH!

7 hours ago, AirJamaica said:

Big news! I hope in 3 years from now this game has the busiest airports worldwide. That would be amazing to choose from. 1 hour at KLAX 1 hour EHAM 1 hour VHHH!

That would be fine but in 3 years LAX won’t be that much busier as they are almost maxed out in space the way it is.  And there will be another region of the world that will begin total traffic dominance in the not to distant future.