The simFlight Network Forums

New Airports For Tower 3D Pro

shyguyseattle

37 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

I would love to see Charlotte international airport which is my hope airport

Yeah, that one has an interesting layout.  SimSmith did the one for Tower2011, but now they seem to have disappeared.  I do hope they will return to making airports soon.

Andrew

On 9/27/2018 at 11:46 AM, FeelThere said:

Dubai is already in work now 🙂
Here is the airports that we are working on now:
-EDDS (ready to be released but due to the issues with our hosting we held it off until we sort out the hosting problems. I expect it to be released next week)
-EGKK
-CYVR
-YMML
-OMDB

After OMDB we we may go back and release some US airports frm the T!2011 list.

As I've heard Gabor is working on 2 European airports. All I can say  about them is Viva La Hola 🙂

Vic

Cant wait for EGKK and  maybe Gabor working in LEMD ( Madrid) ? 🤩

How about KMIA (busy, many international flights, interesting layout, penalty box, one holding bar for either 12 and 8R, seven cargo areas, the tower sitting above terminal D) and PHNL (many new airlines, island hoppers, optional military flights via Pearl Harbor/Hickam AFB, two "runways" for water planes - 4W/26W and 8W/22W -, the tower being mid-field with a nice view overlooking a pretty small terminal, runway 8R/26L being built into the Pacific ocean) ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

How about KMIA (busy, many international flights, interesting layout, penalty box, one holding bar for either 12 and 8R, seven cargo areas, the tower sitting above terminal D) and PHNL (many new airlines, island hoppers, optional military flights via Pearl Harbor/Hickam AFB, two "runways" for water planes - 4W/26W and 8W/22W -, the tower being mid-field with a nice view overlooking a pretty small terminal, runway 8R/26L being built into the Pacific ocean) ?

I am sure KMIA will come eventually.  It was one of the default airports in Tower2011.

Andrew

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

Tower!2011 didn't implement the PHNL water runways and I'm fairly confident this engine wouldn't be able to handle them either. On those same lines I'm curious if/how the second runway at EGKK will be handled by the engine/airport design since apparently it is primarily used for taxiing. I also wonder if the engine can handle realistic traffic volumes at EGKK or KMIA for that matter.

I'd definitely love to see these airports, but preferably on the next version. 😉 

• Like 1

Well, FT would not necessarily need to implement those water runways, but they're still a nice feature to look at, and I like the layout.

(Yeah, okay, I admit it: I've been there on vacation twice, and I miss it... same goes for Miami. But as long as paranoia wins over friendship, I'm staying out of the country.)

Can I ask how EGKK is implementing the second runway?

In reality Gatwick has 2 runways but "Although Gatwick has the main runway and the ‘reserve’ or northern runway, they cannot be operated simultaneously. The northern runway is normally only utilised during the night when maintenance on the main runway is planned.", source - p3

At the moment, I am personally reluctant to buy any new DLC due to them always having issues with airports that are released and I know I am not alone with this feeling from talking with other MP members as well. I feel more like a BETA tester than a consumer. Rather than enjoying the sim I find myself feeling very frustrated and utterly disappointed most of the time. On top of that, the latter takes away the enjoyment of the sim completely. Developers then make changes (which takes time understandably) to try to resolve the issues at one airport but in return causes more issues elsewhere. Due to the latter, new DLC's on the way are already flawed with issues that are already present in other airports. Sort this out developers!

• Upvote 1

Absolutely agree with Pete. If the current engine can't be fixed and the airports are being released the way they are, I won't buy new airfields anymore unless they get a very very positive feedback/review.

I will wait for a new version without these massive issues, which lead to problems on every airport, even if the airport itself has a very good design.

I do appreciate the effort that is made to include the community regarding liveries though! But I don't need colorful planes if there is no proper airport to control them on.

Jonas 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, pete_agreatguy said:

Can I ask how EGKK is implementing the second runway?

In reality Gatwick has 2 runways but "Although Gatwick has the main runway and the ‘reserve’ or northern runway, they cannot be operated simultaneously. The northern runway is normally only utilised during the night when maintenance on the main runway is planned.", source - p3

Well, T3D, as did Tower2011, allows the player to choose which runways are open or closed.  T3D Pro even lets you change runways during an active session.  Thus, I do not envision there being anything to prevent you from operating it realistically, even if there is also nothing preventing you from operating it unrealistically.   Not really much different from their renditions of any other airport, where it is up to the user to decide if he/she will use realistic taxiway routings and runway procedures, or improvise his/her own. 

Andrew

I think Pete was talking about the runway as taxiway problem.

Gatwick has two runways, one of those is mainly used as taxiway as Pete already mentioned. In tower3d pro it is not possible to have a departing plane taxi from the gate to the active runway via an inactive runway.

If you have a look at this map, you can spot runway 08L/26R which is mainly used as a taxiway and which is very important in real life. With the current limitations to the game it will not be possible to use this runway as it is being used in reality 

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-D186466FB77F377A53E23954AFFB0579/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGKK_2-1_en_2018-05-24.pdf

One way to make this possible in the DLC would be to have only one runway and replace the other with an normal taxiway or to change some things about the engine to make it possible to taxi on runways. The second option would be the better one, but as it has been mentioned before, there will be no changes to the current engine anymore.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jonas243 said:

In tower3d pro it is not possible to have a departing plane taxi from the gate to the active runway via an inactive runway.

It is possible, but it doesn't work as a voice command which is unfortunate.

I typed the following command into the command box at KPHL and the aircraft does taxi using the runway.

AAL742 RUNWAY 9R TAXI VIA T 27R W S

Make sure you don't add "RUNWAY" into the text command, or else they will jest say negative.

I tried the text version at KBOS with planes landing on 4R and taxing to the terminal via Y 33R N A and it works.  Unfortunately I was not able to get planes to use 33L to N.  That would save a long slow taxi down the active runway.  It would be nice if tower2d.rec can be updated to use runway numbers as taxi routes even if its not perfect but it would be better than we have now.

For arriving planes the command to have planes taxi to the gate via an runway works with voice without problems. You just have to edit your tower3d.rec file.                                                          

The problem is, that you cant use a taxi via runway for departing planes

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, jonas243 said:

For arriving planes the command to have planes taxi to the gate via an runway works with voice without problems. You just have to edit your tower3d.rec file.                                                          

The problem is, that you cant use a taxi via runway for departing planes

Interesting.  So what command line do you need to add to the file then?

G

These are the seven lines I added and it works 90% of the time.

#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#runway1;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#runway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#runway1;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#runway1;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#runway1;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#runway1;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6;#runway1

6 minutes ago, jonas243 said:

These are the six lines I added and it works 90% of the time.

#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#runway1;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#runway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#runway1;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#runway1;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#runway1;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#runway1;#taxiway6
#airplane1; TAXI TO TERMINAL VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6;#runway1

Thanks 

G