Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

New Airports For Tower 3D Pro


shyguyseattle
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Braf123456 said:

How would u do it with say when u are at New York or lax an u want a plane to cross a runway without stopping could someone make a cross runway command 

No, you can't just make up new commands - the game wouldn't recognize them. 

If you could we would have done it 20 months ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

How would u do it with say when u are at New York or lax an u want a plane to cross a runway without stopping could someone make a cross runway command 

You can do this now.  You have to give the plane a HOLD SHORT OF clearance for either a runway, or taxiway, that's on the OTHER side of the runway you want it to cross.

At LAX, for example, the plane lands 25L.  You want it to taxi across 25R without stopping.  Give it the taxi routing you want it to take.  THEN say "HOLD SHORT OF RUNWAY 24L" and it will cross 25R.  It doesn't matter where on the airport the plane is going to, you just have to give a hold short command for some runway/taxiway off in the distance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CL30 said:

You can do this now.  You have to give the plane a HOLD SHORT OF clearance for either a runway, or taxiway, that's on the OTHER side of the runway you want it to cross.

At LAX, for example, the plane lands 25L.  You want it to taxi across 25R without stopping.  Give it the taxi routing you want it to take.  THEN say "HOLD SHORT OF RUNWAY 24L" and it will cross 25R.  It doesn't matter where on the airport the plane is going to, you just have to give a hold short command for some runway/taxiway off in the distance.

Oh ok I will try that’s thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

Oh ok I will try that’s thanks 

No problem.  An actual "cross runway" kind of command would be nice, but this works just as well.  

One gotcha...some airports will have a glitch where the plane will taxi onto its departure runway when you have given these types of clearances.  I've had planes taxi into the backs of planes that are in position for takeoff, which results in a crash.  You'll just have to try it and see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CL30 said:

No problem.  An actual "cross runway" kind of command would be nice, but this works just as well.  

One gotcha...some airports will have a glitch where the plane will taxi onto its departure runway when you have given these types of clearances.  I've had planes taxi into the backs of planes that are in position for takeoff, which results in a crash.  You'll just have to try it and see. 

Ok thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...

Just my two cents worth here.  With all of the talk about specialized airports, I just took a look at the satellite view for Amsterdam Schiphol (EHAM)... in addition to KMIA and KORD, that is what I would vote for.  I'm not in the group of, "Let's get a new version of T3D before any more airports are released," but some additional features (cross runway XX, etc...) would be fun.  I love playing this game, and applaud Feelthere for it...

 

Lee

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Leecedar said:

"Let's get a new version of T3D before any more airports are released," but some additional features (cross runway XX, etc...) would be fun.  I love playing this game, and applaud Feelthere for it...

Lee

To be fair that's the reason why there is a ""Let's get a new version of T3D before any more airports are released,"(as you put it,) is because FT have stopped working on the sim(game) as far as the engine is concerned, meaning there won't be any new features, or bug fixes in the current version. We have to wait for the new version to get new features etc. We are only going to be getting new airports in this version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 7:35 PM, crbascott said:

Some of the add-ons are from Nyerges Design (the developer of Real Traffic and Real Color), but FeelThere is definitely releasing add-ons also. 

Of course, regardless of the add-on developer the base engine is the same. 

 

...and therein lies the rub, eh Craig?

Can't wait for version 2 quite frankly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 10/17/2018 at 4:01 PM, jonas243 said:

I think Pete was talking about the runway as taxiway problem.

Gatwick has two runways, one of those is mainly used as taxiway as Pete already mentioned. In tower3d pro it is not possible to have a departing plane taxi from the gate to the active runway via an inactive runway.

If you have a look at this map, you can spot runway 08L/26R which is mainly used as a taxiway and which is very important in real life. With the current limitations to the game it will not be possible to use this runway as it is being used in reality 

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-D186466FB77F377A53E23954AFFB0579/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGKK_2-1_en_2018-05-24.pdf

One way to make this possible in the DLC would be to have only one runway and replace the other with an normal taxiway or to change some things about the engine to make it possible to taxi on runways. The second option would be the better one, but as it has been mentioned before, there will be no changes to the current engine anymore.

 

Runways can be used as taxiways.  I do it regularly in Boston and Philadelphia.  I've only been able to do it via keyboard and not voice, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still voting for KORD, KMIA, and Amsterdam Schiphol (EHAM).  An update to include "cross runway XXX" command would be nice, as would making taxiing aircraft still stop at runways after they've stopped before another runway or taxiway by command (hold short of run/taxiway XXX") but I just love the game and am not one of those who say, "Nuthin' until they make a new release."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Leecedar said:

An update to include "cross runway XXX" command would be nice, as would making taxiing aircraft still stop at runways after they've stopped before another runway or taxiway by command (hold short of run/taxiway XXX") but I just love the game and am not one of those who say, "Nuthin' until they make a new release."

Then why keep saying it would be "nice to have" an update, when you know it's' not going to happen.

They can make as many new airports as they want as far as I'm concerned. I just hope some of these new airports will be redone for the next version when they take things to the next level.

PS - Runways can be used as taxiways via voice too. Check out @EliGrim's tool post - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/88370-tower3d-pro-tools/ . He didn't necessarily invent the wheel, but he put some darn nice rims on it. 🙂 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.