The simFlight Network Forums
crbascott

CUSTOM SCHEDULES for KPHX ~ by crbascott ~ 7 Daily Schedules!!!

Hello again Controllers!

Looks like we got an SP for KPHX so how about we celebrate with a new 7 day schedule? Yes, 7 days of fun and action instead of just an old boring one day schedule. 😉 As always, my schedules are real and based on downloaded information from FlightAware. To avoid duplicate flight number issues a few flight numbers were changed, but no animals were harmed in the making of the schedules. In addition to busier than RT commercial traffic, I have included busier than RT GA traffic also. The chart below illustrates the day-by-day commercial and GA traffic included in the daily schedules.

kphx_chart.thumb.JPG.024379d06e3d83aa91549e7205b70392.JPG

I've also created a custom terminal file that should more accurately represent the gates and terminals used at KPHX. Additionally, I've included updated airlines and airports files - primarily to handle the widespread GA traffic. 

And what is a standard feature for my custom schedules, I've included snippet files for each day - optimized schedule files containing 3 hours of flights from the full schedule. For example, the snippet optimized for a 10:00 session start contains flights for the hours of 09, 10, and 11. What I've seen and experienced is that using a full day's schedule (Real Traffic or custom) causes flights to be dropped because of gate availability and delayed due to "no free terminal". By reducing the number of hours in the schedule, you eliminate the dropped flights and get a richer more realistic flight volume experience. 

Interesting flights to/from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport include Rouge service to Canada, Condor twice-weekly service to Frankfurt, and of course the British Airways service to London. Additionally, there is a charter flight with an ICAO of JNY and a callsign of ROCK BAND. I challenge you to not sing Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' when this plane shows up on the radar! 😍

Attached to bottom of this post you'll find a zip file called kphx_crbascott.zip that contains:

• Common files to be used for each of the 7 days: 
    • Updated terminal file - kphx_terminal.txt
    • Updated airlines file - kphx_airlines.txt
    • Updated airports file - kphx_airports.txt
    • Reference file for GA/charter airlines included in GA traffic - charter_airlines.txt
  • 7 folders containing the daily schedule files (13-Sunday, 14-Monday, 15-Tuesday, 16-Wednesday, 17-Thursday, 18-Friday, 19-Saturday). Within each folder you will find:
    • Full custom schedule file for that day - kphx_schedule.txt
    • Full GA traffic file for that day - kphx_gaandlocaltraffic.txt
    • Folders containing snippet schedule files (both commercial and GA) for the hours 06 thru 22. 

I'd recommend unzipping kphx_crbascott.zip into your KPHX folder. It will create a crbascott sub-folder with the above mentioned contents. As always, please remember to backup your original Real Traffic files - current version is sp6v7.

Feel free to contact me on this forum or Discord with questions, comments, and/or issues.

ENJOY!!

Craig (crbascott)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~f~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are interested in multiplayer action and haven't yet joined us at Tower_MP, check out the following post for more information. https://forum.simflight.com/topic/83242-tower_mp-meeting-place-for-the-multiplayer-community/

Previous custom schedules: 
KLAS - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/84804-custom-schedules-for-klas-~-by-crbascott-~-7-daily-schedules/
KSAN - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/84788-custom-schedule-for-ksan-~-by-crbascott-~-bonus-files-included/
KJFK - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/84721-custom-schedule-for-kjfk-~-by-crbascott-~-bonus-files-included/

Next custom schedule: KLAX (7 daily schedules)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kphx_crbascott.zip

I've heard "Rock Band" on frequency before, but never knew who they were.  Any idea?

Thanks for taking the time to make the custom schedule!  Looks really cool.  I still need to get PHX, but I'll put this to use when I do!

Thanks @CL30. I find KPHX rather enjoyable as a single player. But during the busier hours (using snippets of course) it can be a little insane so it can be a fun multiplayer airport too.

I just purchased KPHX and based on this link ==> https://www.faa.gov/airports/planning_capacity/profiles/media/PHX-Airport-Capacity-Profile-2014.pdf

Arrivals use 26 & 25L, departures 25R (26 if they need the extra length).  I may have missed it, but do you have any You Tube videos using this runway configuration?

If there are no videos, I'm trying to get a handle on taxiing. Do you have some suggestions?

Tom

I just downloaded your custom KPHX and have encountered a problem.  I installed default KPHX and it loads at 9:00.

If I now replace the four common files, it still loads properly.

If I now replace the  two full schedule files, the load hangs at 72%.

Any suggestions?

Tom

30 minutes ago, FS1TR said:

If I now replace the  two full schedule files, the load hangs at 72%.

What day of the week - there are 7/14 full schedule files? Also what time was your session?

FYI - I just tested each day's full schedule with a 9:00 start time and each day loaded fine.

By chance, was the weather something other than clear? The game freezing at 72% is a known issue with some of the airports in non-clear weather conditions. If you turn off reflections in your advanced graphics setting that should take care of the problem.

I tried Sunday and Monday at 9:00 and they both stop at 72%.  I'll try turning off reflections and let you know.

Tom

8 minutes ago, FS1TR said:

Turned off reflections, same problem

I don't think it is a schedule issue because they usually cause loading to freeze at 63%. From what I've seen 72% is graphics or memory related. I don't have a powerful system, but I can't recreate your issue. Can you try using a snippet versus the full schedule? If that doesn't work, can you attach a log file? Maybe even try rebooting. Again, at 72% I believe it has gotten past the point of loading the schedule.

What version of RT do you have? Looks like you are having problems with the airplane type 7M8 which is the BOEING 737-800 MAX. This was added with RT sp6v5 and the current version is sp6v7. If you update your Real Traffic (specifically kphx_airplanes.txt) you should be good to go.

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to reinstall RT.  Doing so screws up changes I have made to other airports.  However I will reinstall RT and let you know the result.

I now find that my password for the RT download has expired.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth buying new airports.

Install to c:\letmesee or another bogus directory and then manually copy and overwrite the airport(s) you want leaving the others untouched. Also replace the texpacks with the latest and greatest and delete your bogus directory...

That's it, two minutes at most....

Grtz

Willem

Reinstalled RT and all is well.  Thanks for the help.

23 hours ago, FS1TR said:

I just purchased KPHX and based on this link ==> https://www.faa.gov/airports/planning_capacity/profiles/media/PHX-Airport-Capacity-Profile-2014.pdf

Arrivals use 26 & 25L, departures 25R (26 if they need the extra length).  I may have missed it, but do you have any You Tube videos using this runway configuration?

If there are no videos, I'm trying to get a handle on taxiing. Do you have some suggestions?

Tom

crbascott, any comment on the above?

22 minutes ago, FS1TR said:

crbascott, any comment on the above?

Yes, I had the post below ready to go but wanted to make sure you were up and running first. Glad the schedule wasn't the issue - kinduva pride thing ya know! 🙂

Now that you have KPHX working - let's get to taxi routing. In researching for Tower!2011 and now Pro, I ran across some standard taxi routes. 

In west flow, there are three standard taxi routes: 

North Route (to rwy 26) - E T B from Terminal_2 & 3_S; D T B from Terminal 4_C/D
South Route (to rwy 25L) - C S E from Terminal_3_N
East Route (to rwy 25L) - C R from Terminal_4_A/B 

You don't mention east flow but it is not uncommon at KPHX. Runway 8 is used for arrivals and some departures, 7L for departures, and 7R for arrivals. Below are the primary taxi routes:

North Route (to rwy 8 ) - E T C C4 B from Terminal_2 & 3_S; D T C C4 B from Terminal 4_C/D
South Route (to rwy 7L) - C S D D8 E from Terminal_3_N & 4_A/B
East Route (to rwy 8 ) - E R C from Terminal_4_C/D  (I don't think this is used very often to taxi to the runway)
West Route (to rwy 7L) - D D8 E from Terminal 4_C/D.

The above is just for taxiing to the runway and doesn't cover all scenarios. The main thing to note is T is always used to taxi north and S is always used to taxi south. 

Have fun!

On 6/22/2018 at 3:30 PM, crbascott said:

In west flow, there are three standard taxi routes: 

North Route (to rwy 26) - E T B from Terminal_2 & 3_S; D T B from Terminal 4_C/D
South Route (to rwy 25L) - C S E from Terminal_3_N
East Route (to rwy 25L) - C R from Terminal_4_A/B 

I'm a little confused by this. From what I read the norm is:

Arrivals on 26

Departures on 25R

GA and cargo arrivals and departures to 25L

Not necessarily the norm but I've been using these taxiways:

Arrivals going west of T -- C T D, Arrivals going East of S -- C S D, Everybody staying on the north side of the airport -- Simply C

GA and Cargo departures -- Simply taxi to 25L I don't give them specific instructions

All other departures from the south side of the airport go to 25R at E12 via D? E ** exception departures from E12-13 go to 25R via D R

Departures from the north side west of S go to 25R at E12 via C S E

Departures from the north side east of S go to 25R via C R

I find this avoids most aircraft collisions as everyone tries to get to 25R