Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
unc1rlm

Ultimate tweak for UTLive help please

Recommended Posts

I was trying..(but due to lack of planes and flight plans like Fedex and UPS etc....may wait till Traffic Global matures a little. I paid for the Early Access ...I have gone back to UTLive... Now this is just for eye candy..Since.(I am no coder) and I don't know what STB looks for for information on arrival and departures times or how it gets it...can the first column under Scheduled and Due be removed just so you don't have to look at all the ? marks.  Maybe there is some other tweaks to the settings unless Simon figures it out. I guess UTLive is a different format..... Just one question more...It says Delta and Southwest are on time but ? marks in DUE.

I love the STB interface much more than the basic one built into UTLive plus you can network STB and not UTLive.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

 

Bob M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

I was trying..(but due to lack of planes and flight plans like Fedex and UPS etc....may wait till Traffic Global matures a little. I paid for the Early Access ...I have gone back to UTLive... 

I understand concerning Traffic Global.  As both a beta and EA participant I've seen it come a long way already, and while it still may have a way to go I have no doubt it will evolve into another excellent product.

 

2 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Since (I am no coder) and I don't know what STB looks for for information on arrival and departures times or how it gets it...can the first column under Scheduled and Due be removed just so you don't have to look at all the ? marks. 

That's a good suggestion but I'll need to look into it as a few things depend on those columns being available.  If it comes at all it will be a while I'm afraid as the "to do" list is rather full.

 

2 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Maybe there is some other tweaks to the settings unless Simon figures it out. I guess UTLive is a different format.....

To be quite clear about the topic in general, Flight1 provided an API for STB in Ultimate Traffic 2.  This was partly a "traffic information stream" that STB could receive and interpret, but also access to their SQLLite databases to complete the picture.  There was no magic about it, everything was done using the interfaces made available by and supported by Flight1.

UTLive is different, there isn't an API available and I doubt there ever will be one.  I will not go into the subject any further than that and there isn't any other way to get the information STB requires, it's as simple as that I'm afraid.

 

2 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Just one question more...It says Delta and Southwest are on time but ? marks in DUE.

Since it's UTLive, STB has no idea whether the flight is on time or not.  Showing "on time" seemed to be the most reasonable thing to do, keeping consistency with other AI packages.


Simon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.