The simFlight Network Forums
unc1rlm

Ultimate tweak for UTLive help please

I was trying..(but due to lack of planes and flight plans like Fedex and UPS etc....may wait till Traffic Global matures a little. I paid for the Early Access ...I have gone back to UTLive... Now this is just for eye candy..Since.(I am no coder) and I don't know what STB looks for for information on arrival and departures times or how it gets it...can the first column under Scheduled and Due be removed just so you don't have to look at all the ? marks.  Maybe there is some other tweaks to the settings unless Simon figures it out. I guess UTLive is a different format..... Just one question more...It says Delta and Southwest are on time but ? marks in DUE.

I love the STB interface much more than the basic one built into UTLive plus you can network STB and not UTLive.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Bob M.

2 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

I was trying..(but due to lack of planes and flight plans like Fedex and UPS etc....may wait till Traffic Global matures a little. I paid for the Early Access ...I have gone back to UTLive... 

I understand concerning Traffic Global.  As both a beta and EA participant I've seen it come a long way already, and while it still may have a way to go I have no doubt it will evolve into another excellent product.

Since (I am no coder) and I don't know what STB looks for for information on arrival and departures times or how it gets it...can the first column under Scheduled and Due be removed just so you don't have to look at all the ? marks. 

That's a good suggestion but I'll need to look into it as a few things depend on those columns being available.  If it comes at all it will be a while I'm afraid as the "to do" list is rather full.

Maybe there is some other tweaks to the settings unless Simon figures it out. I guess UTLive is a different format.....

To be quite clear about the topic in general, Flight1 provided an API for STB in Ultimate Traffic 2.  This was partly a "traffic information stream" that STB could receive and interpret, but also access to their SQLLite databases to complete the picture.  There was no magic about it, everything was done using the interfaces made available by and supported by Flight1.

UTLive is different, there isn't an API available and I doubt there ever will be one.  I will not go into the subject any further than that and there isn't any other way to get the information STB requires, it's as simple as that I'm afraid.

Just one question more...It says Delta and Southwest are on time but ? marks in DUE.

Since it's UTLive, STB has no idea whether the flight is on time or not.  Showing "on time" seemed to be the most reasonable thing to do, keeping consistency with other AI packages.

Simon

To save creating another thread, with regards to the ???? with UTLive, am I correct in thinking the times will update when the traffic is live or not at all?

What's the best AI traffic for compatibility with both P3D V4.3 and SuperTrafficBoard?

My guess is UTLive...although Traffic Global is a process in development. I have it too. I guess the hold up for UTLive is the Power Pack, due to illness on the developers side. For now untill Traffic Global gets down the road a ways, UTLive for eye candy and integration with STB.

My personal opinion..my one and a half cents.

Bob M.

3 hours ago, Thomsonairways737 said:

What's the best AI traffic for compatibility with both P3D V4.3 and SuperTrafficBoard?

"Traditional" AI solutions such as Traffic Global, MyTraffic, ORBX, AIG etc. all use standard simulator technology for the management of AI aircraft and hence all the information I need is available from the simulator.  This means there is no guess work on my part, and I can present the exact data whenever I need it (so you will not see "????" with these packages for example).  In my view, these packages are the most compatible with STB.

For those sitting outside and "injecting" traffic into the simulator (such as UTLive and others), far less information is available to me.  This not only affects presentation of flight listings, but also some of the interactive commands cannot work correctly.  My understanding of what works and what does not can be found on the website.

3 hours ago, Thomsonairways737 said:

To save creating another thread, with regards to the ???? with UTLive, am I correct in thinking the times will update when the traffic is live or not at all

We can only present our best estimate of UTLive times (i.e. replace the "????") when an event occurs in the simulator that allows us to connect the time to the current simulator time.  For example when we are notified an aircraft is taking off, we can set a departure time.  If the events do not occur for some reason, the information cannot be updated.