The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG Lower Overhead panel toggle

Hi Pete,

I would like to assign a control to a button on my CH controller that would toggle some of the panels that apparently can only be opened using the FSX Views pull down

menu.  The panels that most interest me in this regard are the PMDG B744 QOS II and PMDG B777 Lower Overhead Panels. If you could offer any tips or point me in the

right direction I would appreciate it very much.  At this time I have assigned controls to L and R sides of a 4 way hat switch that switch views as next view and previous view (in

FSX default keys, that would be the "a" and "SHF + a" ).  But I'd naturally prefer a more direct approach ~:) 

Best regards,

Ken Boardman

6 hours ago, elsmoko said:

I would like to assign a control to a button on my CH controller that would toggle some of the panels that apparently can only be opened using the FSX Views pull down

menu.  The panels that most interest me in this regard are the PMDG B744 QOS II and PMDG B777 Lower Overhead Panels. If you could offer any tips or point me in the

It isn't a subject I really know. What I do think is that if the panels have numbers associated with them (defined in one of the files installed for the aircraft), then you could probably use the PANEL ID controls (PANEL ID TOGGLE, OPEN, CLOSE) with the ID number as parameter. If they don't have numbers, maybe those can be added.

The ID numbers are the "ident" values in the [WindowXX] sections of the Aircraft's PANEL.CFG file. I think PMDG do give them numbers in any case.

Default aircraft panels mostly have names for the IDs -- like "OVERHEAD_PANEL" in the FSX 738 -- but those are translated to numbers in FS.

Pete

• Like 1