The simFlight Network Forums

Help with making Mouse Macro

I am attempting to create a mouse macro

FSUIPS 5 VER 5.131

P3D V4.1.7

PMDG 737-600NGX

When use create macro in FSUIPC the following appears on the p3d screen when I Operate a button with mouse nothing happens

TOP LEFT SCREEN READS

sim connect message window

Making Macro File:"Chime"

Rectangle 131443/Click Type 10

Press Tab to Test 

If Okay enter name

2 hours ago, les trickett said:

I am attempting to create a mouse macro

FSUIPS 5 VER 5.131

P3D V4.1.7

1. Your FSUIPC is out of date and unsupported. Please update to the current one, 5.132.

2. Any reason you are still using P3D4.1?

Whilst they should work with 4.1,  I have only tested mouse Macros with 4.2 and 4.3.

33 minutes ago, les trickett said:

It would appear that this problem is specific to PMDG.

beech baron and other aircraft seem okay

Ah. that is a really big shame. I hoped, from what L-M told me, that their added facilities would work with everything. 

I'll be asking L-M about this. I can't think how PMDG distinguish the mouse click coming from P3D4 instead of directly. I wonder what they've done, and why?

PMDG do provide assignable "custom" controls for all of their switches, and the codes are documented in their SDK, but they are not easy to get to grips with by a beginner.

Many other users have sorted controls out using the PMDG SDK. I've edited the title of this thread to specifically say it's for PMDG and hope someone who's done this will help here. But it would be wise also to post your questions about how to do things with PMDG aircraft on the PMDG support forum. List the specific switches you want to handle, or at least examples of them, and i'm sure someone can tell you what nubers to assign to.

Pete

Hi,

The Blackbox A320 uses XML gauges. They are not compiled with the SDK and therefore mouse macros won't work with that plane. But the BBS A320 uses a lot of Lvars, which you could control via LUA modules. Alternative you can create a macro file setting these Lvars, if you don't want to program LUA modules. Then you could assign these macros to buttons.

Anyway it means a little bit reading in the FSUIPC documentation. And you have to understand the meaning of the Lvars, which you can extract via the sample LUA dumping all Lvars used.

Rgds
Reinhard

1 hour ago, aua668 said:

The Blackbox A320 uses XML gauges. They are not compiled with the SDK and therefore mouse macros won't work with that plane

In P3D4 they should work no matter what. the P3D4 facility being used identifies the rectangle to be triggered AND the mouse action needed, and supplies that data to FSUIPC via the PDK functions. The replication of that mouse action is by P3D.

Aren't some of the default aircraft using XML gauges?

1 hour ago, aua668 said:

But the BBS A320 uses a lot of Lvars, which you could control via LUA modules.

And the PMDG aircraft, which i don't think uses XML gauges, has a complete set of custom controls which can be used, but this gentleman is a novice and really needs more than my documentation can provide. He needs help from folks with those aircraft who have already done all this.

I'm hoping to get answers from L-M about the PDK functions and why they appear not to work on add-on aircraft (so far). Maybe others who have tried using mouse macros can comment in this forum too.

Pete

1 hour ago, les trickett said:

it doesn't work with the Backbox a320 aircraft either.

My son bought me this package thought I would check.

It only seems to work with the aircraft supplied

Can you confirm that when you are clicking the mouse to program the button, the action you expect on that button does actually occur? Because if it doesn't then you are clicking in the wrong place so the rectanle number will be wrong. Or maybe the mouse action is wrong?

Have you updated FSUIPC to the current version? It would be a good idea -- there were changes to the mouse macro actions in 5.132. And as I said, i don't support 5.131 now that 5.132 is released. I can only support the most recent full release and any interim ones following.

Also, whilst i am asking L-M about this problem with their facility, I cannot exactly say that it is with 4.1, which they cannot support either. If you could see to updating FSUIPC to 5.132 and P3D4 to version 4.3 then I'd feel on firmer ground. and you never know, you might find it all then works okay!

Pete

9 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

In P3D4 they should work no matter what. the P3D4 facility being used identifies the rectangle to be triggered AND the mouse action needed, and supplies that data to FSUIPC via the PDK functions. The replication of that mouse action is by P3D.

Ahh - interesting to know. I am currently still on V3.4. But in two weeks, when I will have moved to my new flat, I will upgrade my system to V4. And then lets see, if this works now also for XML gauges. Thanks for upgrading my knowledge...

Rgds
Reinhard

Rob Ainsclough kindly tested mouse macros with several add-on aircraft including the PMDG 737NGX. Here's what he found:

Tried FSL A320, that worked as expected
Tried Carenado S340, that worked as expected
... so far just PMDG seems to have the issue.

So, rather annoying for PMDG users, and not the full Mouse Macro facility I was hoping for! 😞

Pete

Hi Peter.

I have found that I can programme a lot of the buttons via the FMC and FSUIPC in the PMDG models.

I reinstalled LINDA  to see what would happen.

I did update FSUIPC.

LINDA says P3D is running FUSIPC is running.

But can' find FSUIPC files.

I have uninstalled LINDA again.

I think some how I am not quite installing FSUIPC properly.

I wish I could get to grips with FSUIPC but I'm strugglin. 

And I have lost the explanation of how to make the parking brake and parking brake LED work.

I will just keep trying

Regards

Les

FSUIPC Version 5.132b fixes the issue with Mouse Macros on PMDG aircraft.

Questions about LINDA need to be addressed to the LINDA authors. You could try posting questions about it with a subject title mentioning LINDA.

Meanwhile you could go back to Mouse Macros after downloading the replacement FSUIPC DLL 5.132b from the Updated Modules thread in DOWNLOAD LINKS subforum above.

Pete

I don't want to use Linda I just put it on to see if it would recognise my FSUIPC.

And it didn't  so I think it's they way I have loaded FSUIPC. 

Do I just delete all the FUSIPC files, go to your website download the latest and reinstall .

Sounds like a daft question but I downloaded from your website 2 days ago. Have you put a newer version up scince. 

Will give it another go

All the best Les

Les

7 minutes ago, les trickett said:

Sounds like a daft question but I downloaded from your website 2 days ago. Have you put a newer version up scince.

What "website"? I don't have anything but this Forum and its subforums. If you mean the Schiratti site that isn't mine and i have no control over it. Enrico Schiratti simply maintains a "Dowson" page with links to many of my programs -- all the links go to this place, where you are now!

If you read my previous post, just above, I actually said

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Meanwhile you could go back to Mouse Macros after downloading the replacement FSUIPC DLL 5.132b from the Updated Modules thread in DOWNLOAD LINKS subforum above.

See how it tells you where to get the update? "from the Updated Modules thread in DOWNLOAD LINKS subforum above."

Pete

Good morning Peter.

Well the good news is I can make mouse macros for fun now.

Even managed to pass the information on to a guy in Brazil on home cockpit builders forum so that's two people happy..

Can you send me a link to rotary switches page on forum if possible. 

And thank you for bearing with me.

All the best Les

I found a link to rotary switches but I am so sorry I don' understand where the numbers etc come from.

This came of the thread.

0=P1,0,K119,10

1=P1,0,K119,10

3=U1,0,K119,10

4=P1,1,K114,10

5=P1,1,K114,10

6=U1,1,K114,10

I assume the P, 1,0 is switching the switch on then off but after that I don' know where the K119.10 nor the difference between P and U.

I have a 9 way rotary switch not bought for flightsim it was off a cnc machine control. 

I am only going to use it to test.

Some rotary switches in the PMDG 737-600 

HAve 3 positition switches and some have more.

Or would I be better using an encoder.

I am going to print out all your documents and read through them

Best regards

Les

I assume the P, 1,0 is switching the switch on then off but after that I don' know where the K119.10 nor the difference between P and U.

The format of button assignment lines is clearly explained in the Buttons section of the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide. If you want to mess with them then you should check.

P is Press, U is release (U for Up -- to distinguish it from R for Repeat), 1,0 is the joystick number and button number, K says is is assigned to do a keypress, and the numbers after that are the Key codes (as listed in the Doc) and Shift codes (ditto).

I am going to print out all your documents and read through them

But when you need to search for something, the PDF versions on screen are easier. searching printed matter is not easy.

Pete

Well I have spent all day looking for a way to make sense of parameters and offsets I looked in my initial file to try and make sense of the mouse macros I made but I can' get my head around it

A chap from Turkey sent me a video when he entered his numbers into the Control sent when pressed he had a drop down box that gave him the parameters. 

I don't I have looked in your documents and I am totally baffled believe me I am trying to make an effort not to bother you

Les

Hi Peter

I have tried every combination I can.

in this instance I can get the fasten seatbelt switch to go from off to auto to on but I cant make it go the other way.

I am using a 3 position toggle switch Do I need to buy 3 position momentary switches to make it work

2=U2,7,K114,11     -{Key press: ctl+shft+F3}-
3=P0,11,K110,8     -{Key press: Num.}-
5=U0,11,K110,10     -{Key press: ctl+Num.}-
6=P0,1,K70,10     -{Key press: ctl+F}-
8=P0,0,K82,10     -{Key press: ctl+R}-
9=P3,12,CM4:1,0     -{Macro PMDG 737: CHIME DEC}-
10=P4,10,CM5:1,0     -{Macro PMDG FIRE WARN: FIRE WARN}-
11=P0,3,CM7:1,0     -{Macro PMDG PARK BRAKE: PARK BRAKE}-
12=U0,3,CM7:0,1    -{Macro PMDG PARK BRAKE: PARK BRAKE}-
13=P4,11,CM9:1,0     -{Macro PMDG belts on: beltson}-                                                 I have tried every combination I can think of with these 3 lines
14=P4,9,CM10:1,0    -{Macro PMDG SEATBELTS A: BELTSAUTO}-
15=P4,7.CM11:1.0       -{Macro PMDG BELTS OFF: BELTSOFF}-