The simFlight Network Forums

Error Loading FSUIPC5.dll

Good Morning Pete,

I have recently done a complete install of P3dv4.3 and FSUIPC5, Version 5.132 (paid version). The problem I have encountered is the animation will freeze after a period of time.  An example would be the strobe lights on the aircraft will stop flashing or a knob will no longer turn.  I am able to scroll from screen to screen and open the various menus.  One of the ways I can reproduce this is to go into the Add-on Menu and open FSUIPC.  When I go back to the sim, the animation has stopped.  The sim will shut down without any problems.  Prior to the update version 4.2 and the FSUIPC version prior to 5.132 worked without any problems. 

The Content Error Log created by P3d had the following entry - 

"[error.1]
error=Error loading FSUIPC5.dll: The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file."

I'm not sure if this is the problem or just a result of another problem.  

Thanks for your help,

Bill 

3 hours ago, Bluestar said:

The Content Error Log created by P3d had the following entry - 

"[error.1]
error=Error loading FSUIPC5.dll: The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file."

I'm not sure if this is the problem or just a result of another problem.  

That's a very strange error considering FSUIPC doesn't use any separate resource files, and certainly not images. It smacks of some sort of corruption.

First I'd try re-downloading the FSUIPC 5.132 installer, running it, THEN get the interim update, 5.132b from the Download Links subforum above, and copy the updated FSUIPC5.DLL nto the P3D Modulesfolder, overwriting the 5.132 version.

Then at least you'll be on the same version as me.

If there are still problems I'd suspect corruption in P3D probably caused by a bad weather file. Try first just deleting the wxstationlist.bin file from yout AppData\Roaming P3D4 folder (the same folder containing your Prepar3D CFG file. That file will be re-created by P3D i any case.

If it still doesn't help, then delete all the .WX files in your Prepar3D Files folder in Documents. If you are using an external weather program like Active Skythey won't matter in any case. If you think you need them, just make a safe copy of them somewhere.

Pete

Good Afternoon Pete,

I tried your suggestions from above, but it did not make any difference.

In an attempt to trouble shoot the problem I tried the following.

1. I cleared out the P3d Modules folder and installed a clean, unregistered version.  This did not make any difference.

2.  I moved the Modules Folder to a new drive and created a new Modules Folder in P3d, there was nothing in the folder.  The sim appeared to work, but I got a new message in the Content  Error Log -  [error.1]
error=Error loading "" from "C:\Prepar3D v4\Modules\fsuipc5.dll".

What makes this interesting is the Modules Folder was empty.  

Bill 

1 hour ago, Bluestar said:

1. I cleared out the P3d Modules folder and installed a clean, unregistered version.  This did not make any difference.

No, it wouldn't.

2.  I moved the Modules Folder to a new drive and created a new Modules Folder in P3d, there was nothing in the folder.  The sim appeared to work, but I got a new message in the Content  Error Log -  [error.1]
error=Error loading "" from "C:\Prepar3D v4\Modules\fsuipc5.dll".

Well, of course. The sim cannot load FSUIPC from a moved Modules folder.

What makes this interesting is the Modules Folder was empty.  

What makes this interesting is the Modules Folder was empty

Well of course, you created it so.

Pete

3 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Where do I go from here?  I certainly don't want to have to start over by uninstalling P3d. 🙂

If P3D is suspect here, it would probably be sufficient to merely uninstall the Client and re-install that.

The thing is that you say:

18 hours ago, Bluestar said:

The problem I have encountered is the animation will freeze after a period of time.

but FSUIPC is in no way related to any sort of animation whatsoever. It has no part to play there.  And it doesn't change over time. It is an interface and does what you or you add-ons demand of it.

Of course, without knowing anything about what you installed FSUIPC for, nor how other programs are using it, I can't swear for them. Perhaps some process of elimination of other add-ons would merit attention. It sounds like you have many if "uninstalling P3D2" is "starting over". even uninstalling all three parts -- content, scenery and client, is by no means a big job. It takes only a few minutes, and almost all add-ons will remain intact, maybe only needing running things like OrbX FSX Central again to restore some files. Take a back up of SCENERY.CFG first if you have scenery installed that way instead of the new AddOns XML way.

You should also consider deleting your Prepar3D.CFG file and letting it rebuild, setting up your options in P3D again afterwards. Reading the AVSIM support forum suggests that is also a potential cause of big problems.

Pete

Pete,

I only use FSUIPC to control my PFC throttle quadrant.  The only aircraft I fly are PMDG and some older Alabeo and Carenado airplanes.  My scenery is Orbx, FB, and FSDT. My weather program is ASP4. I have a very simple setup running Win10-64 Professional with a 1070 video card and  a year old Jetline box. 

The reason I came to you was because of the error message.  

Thanks for you time and effort as I continue to chase this mystery. 🙂

Grace and Peace,

Bill 

53 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

The reason I came to you was because of the error message.  

The one which makes no sense?

I think you need to ask in the L-M support forum, because it is smething to do with checks they are making, which make no sense on a lone DLL being loaded which is demanding no other resources.

Pete