The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
djtiger76

Old Airlines (US Air) - New flight plan (AA). HOW?!

Hi guys,

Like many of you, I have a job, lol. When I come home I want to fly my plane and relax. Well, I just bought MyTraffic and I have not had a relaxing night since... and I haven't flown. I am a member of a American Airlines VA. The traffic file still has US Airways flights which is irritating, to say the least. So I figure, I would change the US planes to AA planes by changing the FSX title and I would have all AA planes flying the same US routes right?!

No.

So this morning, i figured I'd check with UTT to see if they have an updated AA flight plan, which they do. I download it because I'm going to import that flight plan to MyTraffic and some how get rid of all US flight plans. Yeah, well... there is no way that I can find to import an external flight plan. 

Why is this not simple? Why can't we edit flight plans using a program like AIFP? Now that's simple.. or simpler than this. 

Soooooo my question is. Can I import an external flight plan or no?
If not, I may have to go back to another traffic supplier. Trying to figure this out is like a second job.

Thanks Guys 
Signed - Increasingly frustrated, lol

Sorry, I am not here to offer any help but just a brief insight. The dev of this product has been unavailable for some time due to a very serious heart condition. In fact I am pretty sure he has been absent for more than 6 months. While I still wish him well I am afraid that the product is largely unsupported at the moment.

To your problem; I hope that someone else with more knowledge of your issue can offer some to help solve your problem.

Best regards, Mike