The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D/3D Pro CUSTOM SCHEDULE For EDDM/MUC v4.0

hexzed

Hello

Due to popular demand i have reloaded my schedule.

Please use the link below to download the files

Please remember to use all the listed text files to overwrite the existing real traffic files, including, but not limited to terminal, airports, airlines and airplane text files

Please post here or DM me for any clarification on installation

Please note these schedules are not updated so may contain outdated information

Thanks to @Falryx for keeping a record of these files

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE

• Like 1

I just started it and it is buuuuuusy!!! Holy shit, i drowned after 30 mins 😄

I´ll play it a little bit and give you a feedback as soon as i can 😉

And greetings to New Zealand, i´ve been there last year for 6 six months, beautiful!

• Upvote 1

I did start at 9 am ^^

I drove through Wellington and stayed in Wellington for one and a half weeks! Sadly I did not fly through it, I just had a look at the windy airport and did some plane spotting. I love the Air Newzealand paint job, so I had to watch some planes, and which airport is better than Wellington with its difficult approach 🙂

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Now this schedule has been out a while, and when EDDS gets released i will do an update to reflect any livery changes, etc

I am also looking at doing a EDDS custom schedule.

Before that happens though i would like to get some feedback on this, what was good and what could be improved.

Thanks in advance

Ben

17 minutes ago, hexzed said:

Now this schedule has been out a while, and when EDDS gets released i will do an update to reflect any livery changes, etc

I am also looking at doing a EDDS custom schedule.

Before that happens though i would like to get some feedback on this, what was good and what could be improved.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Ben,
I haven't had time to play the schedule,  but I did take a look at it and would like to offer some personal preferences.  

When using flight schedules as a data source (FlightAware for example), most scheduled times are rounded to the 5's (:00, :05, :10, :15, etc).  This is evident in your schedule. It's not a big deal, but this basically will cause your schedule to have many peaks and valleys, delayed flights, and may not flow at all like you planned.

Using 09:00 as an example, there are 6 departures scheduled. The sim won't issue two pushbacks at the same time. What will actually happen is there will be a pushback request at 09:00:00, 09:00:15, 09:00:30, 09:00:45, 09:01:00, and 09:01:15.  You'll then have a gap until the next wave at 9:05. This doesn't seem quite realistic to me so I like to control the flow a little more and space out the departure times. 

For arrivals there is a similar issue. The sim will not process two arrivals at the same time - even with multiple runways.  The sim enforces 5nm separation which is roughly 90 seconds from a scheduling perspective. With multiple arrival runways I believe the max the sim can handle is 60 arrivals in an hour. So at a minimum I will space arrivals out by 1 minute and sometimes 2 minutes if/when possible. Obviously if you have more than 30 arrivals you'll need to be creative and if you have over 60 arrivals in an hour, there's only so much you do and you can expect flights to be delayed.  Again using 9:00 as an example there are 5 arrivals scheduled. It's really anyone's guess when those 5 arrivals will spawn and in what order. 

I hope this makes sense. Again, this is just a personal preference from a "control freak" wanting the schedule to act somewhat like I built it. Feel free to PM me or come chat on Tower_MP if you have questions.

Craig

• Like 2

Thanks Craig

I have already noticed how the sim deals with the departure and arrival sequences, and in my own San Diego schedule i have done what you suggest already, otherwise i can never get planes out 😣

I guess at other airports i have been lazy and just let the game do what it does.

However you are correct, and i like to get things as realistic as i can and i will endeavour to separate the flights by at least a minute on my next schedule update 🙂

Thanks for the feedback 👍

Let me tell you what I did: When looking at flightaware, there is a planned departure/arrival time which is at 09:00, 09:05, 09:10 and so on. And there is an actual departure arrival time. So what I did, I used the actual time and if there are still too many planes at the same time, I spaced them out myself. But with using the actual time, it was automatically spaced out, due to airport limitations and numbers of arrival runways (hope that is understandable) 🙂

Solid advice from @jonas243 and @crbascott. As soon as the first UK airport is released, I may have to give this scheduling a try also :) Use to do it for Flight Sim traffic :) http://fsprojects.tk/

@hexzed, can i advise adding a version number in the main post. It will aid users in identifying if they need to update their files or not :)

Compared to the stuff on that website scheduling on tower will be a doddle!

The airport i'm looking forward to most is YSSY. That will be as close to a NZ airport as i will get i think.

In regards to updating a version number, not a problem 🙂

• Like 1

Just a shame we cannot produce our own mods for Tower 3D. I would have been right on that and developed EGNM and EGCC by now with others being requested no doubt.

Wonder if this will be implemented in the next Tower release @FeelThere, @FeelThere Ariel or @FeelThere_AJ(the ability for users to produce their own game content)?

• Like 1