The simFlight Network Forums
hexzed

Tower 3D/3D Pro CUSTOM SCHEDULE For EDDM/MUC v3.0

NB: It has been bought to my attention that the A220 and the CRK plane models have only been released in the LEBL folder.

To get EDDS to work correctly, you will need to copy the lebl_airplanes.text file from the LEBL folder to the EDDS folder and overwrite the edds one.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next Real Traffic update

Any questions on this please ask.

New Munich schedule, updated with liveries from the Barcelona DLC

My schedule has 110 airlines that fly into Munich including cargo, and charter flights and also General Aviation flights.

I have split my schedule into individual hours (which I highly recommend) so all flights are more likely to arrive and depart correctly, or if you prefer you can load the entire day in one go.

Please refer to the below graph for your preferred times 

Capture.thumb.PNG.61f3af4d4a2f1cb5c6a3a898d8cd0def.PNG

Installation Instructions

1 Please back up the existing EDDM folder, before doing anything else

2 Please download both the “eddm_airlines.txt” and the “eddm_terminal.txt” from the dropbox link below and over write the existing files in the "Extensions\Airfields\EDDM" folder.

This is important, I will explain why in the notes.

3 Select the folder corresponding to the hour (or full day) you have selected, and download the “eddm_schedule.txt” and the “eddm_gaandlocaltraffic.txt” from the dropbox link below and over write the existing files in the "Extensions\Airfields\EDDM" folder.

Any questions on install please ask

Schedule Notes

The airlines.txt and terminal file is a must as I have customised a lot of cargo, regional and charter airlines IATA and/or ICAO codes that do not appear in the original Real Traffic file.

If these files are not used, my schedule will not work to its full potential

Reasons for this customising is so that;

1 Airlines cargo subsidiaries, and cargo feeders (eg Cathay Pacific Cargo, Wiggins Airways) can be assigned to cargo terminals

2 Regional airlines (eg Skywest, Republic Airlines) which operate for several mainline airlines (sometimes multiple mainline airlines at the same airport) can be assigned to the correct terminal for that particular mainline airline

3 Charter airlines that have no real world IATA code, can be assigned to a terminal if required

­--------------------------------------

This custom schedule will only work properly with the latest Real Traffic version

--------------------------------------

I have designed my schedules on the basis that all Real Colour packs have been installed

If not all Real Colour packs have been installed, the schedule will work but you will not get liveries on all aircraft

In addition to this some airlines in this schedule have no liveries associated with them at all and will appear white, this is a limitation of the game and not something i can change

I have adjusted a lot of callsigns to reflect the correct pronunciation in real life, so will need to be pronounced differently to what you may be used to with the default real traffic

Any questions in regards to these notes, please ask

I have tested the files and are working, but of course any issues, comments or corrections, please tell me

Apart from that, habe Spaß!

Ben

DOWNLOAD FILES FROM HERE

Other custom schedules

EDDS, Stuttgart Airport, Germany

KLGA, La Guardia Airport, New York, USA

KSAN, San Diego Airport, USA

KMEM, Memphis Airport, USA

TIST, St. Thomas Airport, US Virgin Islands

• Like 1

Thank you very much for this schedule! I was about to make my own, because i was not 100% happy with the one we got from the developer side, but now i don't have to do that anymore 🙂

Hey no problem!

Being that its your home country, any advice is welcome, especially with the ga file 🙂

Ben

I just started it and it is buuuuuusy!!! Holy shit, i drowned after 30 mins 😄

I´ll play it a little bit and give you a feedback as soon as i can 😉

And greetings to New Zealand, i´ve been there last year for 6 six months, beautiful!

• Upvote 1

😄

tbh i haven't even played it properly yet, been working on a whole lot of skeds!

What hour did you start?

ps did you fly through Wellington?

I did start at 9 am ^^

I drove through Wellington and stayed in Wellington for one and a half weeks! Sadly I did not fly through it, I just had a look at the windy airport and did some plane spotting. I love the Air Newzealand paint job, so I had to watch some planes, and which airport is better than Wellington with its difficult approach 🙂

• Like 2

Now this schedule has been out a while, and when EDDS gets released i will do an update to reflect any livery changes, etc

I am also looking at doing a EDDS custom schedule.

Before that happens though i would like to get some feedback on this, what was good and what could be improved.

Thanks in advance

Ben

17 minutes ago, hexzed said:

Now this schedule has been out a while, and when EDDS gets released i will do an update to reflect any livery changes, etc

I am also looking at doing a EDDS custom schedule.

Before that happens though i would like to get some feedback on this, what was good and what could be improved.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Ben,
I haven't had time to play the schedule,  but I did take a look at it and would like to offer some personal preferences.  

When using flight schedules as a data source (FlightAware for example), most scheduled times are rounded to the 5's (:00, :05, :10, :15, etc).  This is evident in your schedule. It's not a big deal, but this basically will cause your schedule to have many peaks and valleys, delayed flights, and may not flow at all like you planned.

Using 09:00 as an example, there are 6 departures scheduled. The sim won't issue two pushbacks at the same time. What will actually happen is there will be a pushback request at 09:00:00, 09:00:15, 09:00:30, 09:00:45, 09:01:00, and 09:01:15.  You'll then have a gap until the next wave at 9:05. This doesn't seem quite realistic to me so I like to control the flow a little more and space out the departure times. 

For arrivals there is a similar issue. The sim will not process two arrivals at the same time - even with multiple runways.  The sim enforces 5nm separation which is roughly 90 seconds from a scheduling perspective. With multiple arrival runways I believe the max the sim can handle is 60 arrivals in an hour. So at a minimum I will space arrivals out by 1 minute and sometimes 2 minutes if/when possible. Obviously if you have more than 30 arrivals you'll need to be creative and if you have over 60 arrivals in an hour, there's only so much you do and you can expect flights to be delayed.  Again using 9:00 as an example there are 5 arrivals scheduled. It's really anyone's guess when those 5 arrivals will spawn and in what order. 

I hope this makes sense. Again, this is just a personal preference from a "control freak" wanting the schedule to act somewhat like I built it. Feel free to PM me or come chat on Tower_MP if you have questions.

Craig

• Like 2

Thanks Craig

I have already noticed how the sim deals with the departure and arrival sequences, and in my own San Diego schedule i have done what you suggest already, otherwise i can never get planes out 😣

I guess at other airports i have been lazy and just let the game do what it does.

However you are correct, and i like to get things as realistic as i can and i will endeavour to separate the flights by at least a minute on my next schedule update 🙂

Thanks for the feedback 👍

Let me tell you what I did: When looking at flightaware, there is a planned departure/arrival time which is at 09:00, 09:05, 09:10 and so on. And there is an actual departure arrival time. So what I did, I used the actual time and if there are still too many planes at the same time, I spaced them out myself. But with using the actual time, it was automatically spaced out, due to airport limitations and numbers of arrival runways (hope that is understandable) 🙂

Solid advice from @jonas243 and @crbascott. As soon as the first UK airport is released, I may have to give this scheduling a try also :) Use to do it for Flight Sim traffic :) http://fsprojects.tk/

@hexzed, can i advise adding a version number in the main post. It will aid users in identifying if they need to update their files or not :)

Compared to the stuff on that website scheduling on tower will be a doddle!

The airport i'm looking forward to most is YSSY. That will be as close to a NZ airport as i will get i think.

In regards to updating a version number, not a problem 🙂

• Like 1

Just a shame we cannot produce our own mods for Tower 3D. I would have been right on that and developed EGNM and EGCC by now with others being requested no doubt.

Wonder if this will be implemented in the next Tower release @FeelThere, @FeelThere Ariel or @FeelThere_AJ(the ability for users to produce their own game content)?

• Like 1

Would be very nice!!!, but it already is a problem with copyright and the ground textures/images. So user-generated content/plane models/airports/liveries might get a copyright problem as well.

• Like 1