The simFlight Network Forums

KLAS issues (after update)

pete_agreatguy

Hi,

Had a few issues since the new update. This was a multiplayer session using an excellent custom schedule (Friday) from crbascott . I have included my local log file, the host log can be provided if required but it is 39MB odd. My log file is attached. If you need the host one I can upload it to cloud storage for download upon request.

1) Aircraft landing on runway 1R taxi onto S fine but should really stop prior to G. After providing taxi to terminal commands, aircraft taxi via S > D to get to G.

204052381_tower3d2018-07-1215-47-01-17.thumb.jpg.38118f24fe5b153e848d32a6114fcb45.jpg

2) Pushback issues with AAY472. He was doing donuts for about 5 minutes lol:

1911676954_tower3d2018-07-1217-09-24-22.thumb.jpg.07b52d54b0d59b3f1aae0345c0734fea.jpg

3) Aircraft (NKS562 in this example) not holding short of runway 8L on taxiway A8 even though instructed to - note: we were using 8R for departures. We found a temp solution of getting them to hold short of taxiway A8 on taxiway B instead. @crbascott suggested this is linked with issue 5 on this thread  as mentioned by @Pdubya

671719482_tower3d2018-07-1217-09-52-61.thumb.jpg.b747e6f3081d4a11ed29a2bdccc6d7ce.jpg

Log file attached. HOST log file.

my_output_log.txt

I have seen the same for a landing plane, I do not know if it did that before the update or not.  It works fine for traffic taxing to/from the GA termainals and any plane that lands on 1L taxis across on Sierra.  Only an issue with planes that exit 1R at S.

If I may add a minor optical issue: incoming bigger jets going to Terminal_E (which works fine otherwise) don't go deep enough into their gates. I've seen it with Condor's 763, Virgin's 744.

It's not causing any problems. When I checked whether the tugs find the planes when the turnaround is due (incoming VIR85 goes out as VIR44, incoming VIR43 goes out as VIR86) the pushback worked just fine. It's only the looks (I always wonder how the pax get out and on the planes when the airbridge doesn't connect to the plane... 🤔 😄).

When I start a game with those planes already sitting at the gates waiting to go out, they're positioned correctly, by the way.

20180715_KLAS_bigger-jets-terminal-3.png

20180714_KLAS_CFG-not-deep-enough-in.png

My observations are this for Terminal E:  I have no planes that arrival and go to Terminal E.  British Airways is at that Terminal about half the time (I run the airport at 50%) And that's according to the schedules when it should be there.  I have had no JetBlue flights come in or out of Terminal E.  Has anybody else seen these kind of observations or is it just exclusively me?

1 hour ago, nrholland said:

My observations are this for Terminal E:  I have no planes that arrival and go to Terminal E.  British Airways is at that Terminal about half the time (I run the airport at 50%) And that's according to the schedules when it should be there.  I have had no JetBlue flights come in or out of Terminal E.  Has anybody else seen these kind of observations or is it just exclusively me?

That issue was fixed with the latest version of the airport. Have you updated to SP3? 

Also, running at 50% there's no guarantee you'll see the flights you want to see.   

Tried out the KLAS fix today and it really does work a lot better and with some far better action cam views now. Had a couple of weird excursions, one for a GA flight and a FedEx departure that just went off wandering off the screen but other than that no issues and Terminal E arrivals worked fine. Thanks for the tip @Peabody on the Janet terminal pushback issue. Had the same but your workaround seemed to negate the after pushback instruction problem.

Noticed tonight watching FlightRadar a set up I have not seen before using full length 8L for GA and heavies and 8L @ a8 for departures and 8R and 19L for arrivals.

They seemed to be routing 19L arrivals off of bravo and then round the houses via delta, whiskey and golf to charlie to Gates B, C, D & E as well as cargo for the most part rather than bravo to charlie direct except for heavies.

Anybody ran this one before? Will give it a go tomorrow.

G

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:34 PM, nrholland said:

I also want to add that no flights arrive into Terminal E no matter what airline it is (I waited for British Airways till their scheduled arrival of 1441. I waited until 1450 and no BA flight came in.

Departures out of Terminal E is a different story.  All the airlines that use that terminal depart with no problem. It's the arrivals where the problem exists.

Once last thing.  Just wanted to let you know that I am running the planes at 100%. 

27 minutes ago, nrholland said:

I also want to add that no flights arrive into Terminal E no matter what airline it is (I waited for British Airways till their scheduled arrival of 1441. I waited until 1450 and no BA flight came in.

Departures out of Terminal E is a different story.  All the airlines that use that terminal depart with no problem. It's the arrivals where the problem exists.

Once last thing.  Just wanted to let you know that I am running the planes at 100%. 

Terminal E definitely works. Post your log file after your next session and we'll be able to explain what your problem is.

Also, waiting 9 minutes may not be enough. Because of various separation rules planes don't always arrive at the scheduled time (especially when using a full schedule at 100%).   

• Like 1

Yep so in your log you have multiple "no free terminals". Terminal E must be packed with planes at all the gates, so no new planes can arrive, because there is no where to go.

If you look at line 18401 the British Airways flight wants to come in, but can't

Capture.PNG

Are you using the default real traffic?

Ben

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:41 PM, hexzed said:

Yep so in your log you have multiple "no free terminals". Terminal E must be packed with planes at all the gates, so no new planes can arrive, because there is no where to go.

If you look at line 18401 the British Airways flight wants to come in, but can't

Capture.PNG

Are you using the default real traffic?

Ben

I have been using the default real traffic each time it is updated.

55 minutes ago, nrholland said:

I have been using the default real traffic each time it is updated.

29 minutes ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

What version of RT do you have? 

@FeelThere ArielThis is not a RT issue. @nrholland is still running the old version of KLAS. He may have installed the new version but it probably didn't get installed in the correct location (because the installer points to Tower!3D instead of Tower!3D Pro).

@nrholland, can you share the contents of your ...\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\Extensions\Airfields\KLAS folder? 

6 hours ago, crbascott said:

@FeelThere ArielThis is not a RT issue. @nrholland is still running the old version of KLAS. He may have installed the new version but it probably didn't get installed in the correct location (because the installer points to Tower!3D instead of Tower!3D Pro).

@nrholland, can you share the contents of your ...\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\Extensions\Airfields\KLAS folder? 

I admit I am no expert on this but the logfile loaded the Janet terminal, wouldn't that indicate he has the new version loaded correctly?

"Add terminal: Terminal_Janet -  WWW"