The simFlight Network Forums

KLAS issues (after update)

pete_agreatguy

4 hours ago, Peabody said:

I admit I am no expert on this but the logfile loaded the Janet terminal, wouldn't that indicate he has the new version loaded correctly?

"Add terminal: Terminal_Janet -  WWW"

@Peabody @FeelThere Ariel     I am not sure that it does.  

I may be completely wrong but isn't that line triggered by the klas_terminal.txt file which is a result of Real Traffic not T3D?  That line does not convince me that the KLAS @nrholland    is loading is actually the latest version.  Perhaps his/her installation of KLAS_for_Tower3D_SP3 went to the wrong folder and an older version is being used when he/she starts T3D?  We all know that a lot of the posts on this forum are resolved when the correct installation route is explained.

Where is T3D's forensic detective when you need him?  Time to shine the @crbascott  signal onto some clouds. 🙂

3 hours ago, winsaudi said:

@Peabody @FeelThere Ariel     I am not sure that it does.  

I may be completely wrong but isn't that line triggered by the klas_terminal.txt file which is a result of Real Traffic not T3D?  That line does not convince me that the KLAS @nrholland    is loading is actually the latest version.  Perhaps his/her installation of KLAS_for_Tower3D_SP3 went to the wrong folder and an older version is being used when he/she starts T3D?  We all know that a lot of the posts on this forum are resolved when the correct installation route is explained.

Where is T3D's forensic detective when you need him?  Time to shine the @crbascott  signal onto some clouds. 🙂

I already stated that this is a KLAS installation issue (which you basically repeated above) in this thread - twice. I can't help it if people choose to ignore me. The issue @nrholland is seeing is exactly what I reported back in December (https://forum.simflight.com/topic/84609-tower3d-pro-klas-terminal_e-issues/) and one of the reasons SP3 for KLAS was released.

@Peabody all that line in the log file indicates is that @nrholland does have the latest version of RT.  

And to help educate, the sim will run fine and ignore an extra terminal entry (see a log extract below from a session I just ran), but it will freeze if a needed terminal entry is missing.

Add terminal: Terminal_Cargo -  AMF,FDX,UPS
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
Add terminal: Terminal_Janet -  WWW 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
Add terminal: Terminal_Peabody -  PPP 

• Like 1

Thanks for your analysis Craig,

When I saw that FeelThereAriel was agreeing with Peabody's conclusion, that started alarm bells ringing in my head.  If only FeelThere would produce an intelligent installer similar to the NyergesDesign products, then this forum would be empty.  (Apart from some rants from a loon in the NW of the USA that is).

Wayne

I seem to have the same problem with KLAS when I try to tell a aircraft to vacate runway on say 26R and to A6 it wants to go to B6 instead and doesn't like it when I tell the plane to vacate runway onto a6 I say Alfa Six and it doesn't like it and will go to Bravo 6 for some reason, is there going to be a update to fix this issue

3 hours ago, crbascott said:

I already stated that this is a KLAS installation issue (which you basically repeated above) in this thread - twice. I can't help it if people choose to ignore me. @nrholland.

@Peabody all that line in the log file indicates is that @nrholland does have the latest version of RT.  

@crbascott My apologies I did not mean to question your knowledge. My post was intended as a question NOT a statement of fact. I don't know anyone on this forum  so it was kind of a way to try to help. But it is so very obvious you know what you are talking about. Now with this new information it only makes sense the Janet terminal would be in RT because the stock game would not need it.

I also offer apologies to nrholland for for a partial highjack of your thread, I did not mean to send them off defending themselves because of my post,   I hope you get your problem fixed!

P

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

I seem to have the same problem with KLAS when I try to tell a aircraft to vacate runway on say 26R and to A6 it wants to go to B6 instead and doesn't like it when I tell the plane to vacate runway onto a6 I say Alfa Six and it doesn't like it and will go to Bravo 6 for some reason, is there going to be a update to fix this issue

I know you are all about realism, so for a more realistic experience I would suggest using 26R for departures and having arrivals land on 26L - they'll take the A6 exit all day long there. 

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, nrholland said:

I just removed Tower 3D and am starting to install the sim back.  After the first three airports that come with the game I then installed KLAS.  When I run it at 100% there are no gates available in Terminal E.  But if I run it at 50% there are two available gates.  I did this at 1300 on the clock.  A Volaris 320 came in and went to one of the unoccupied gates.  I guess that's the problem.  I don't know what it'll be like later in the day like around 2100.  I haven't checked that yet.

Is KLAS working OK now?

I looked at my screenshot again, and in a case of not seeing the forest for the trees, i realised that it said 25R in your game log.

If its updated correctly then it should have been 26R! Craig being correct.

I loaded Real Traffic up just now at 1400, 100% traffic, and i do notice Terminal E is packed!

I however had the Thomas Cook in the middle depart and then a Aeromexico flight arrive into that free gate.

For comparison, i have also added a screenshot of the same time with my own schedule, which you will notice has a lot more free gates to play with

Capture.PNG.1cceb99b91f460790c144a21ae11e685.PNG

mine.PNG