The simFlight Network Forums

Klas minor issue with Janet terminal

Peabody

First I want to thank FT and ND for updating KLAS.  It is appreciated.........but, leave it to me to bump into a bug first try.

There is a problem with the circled plane/gate in the Janet terminal. I ran into the problem playing the game then did some testing and filled the 6 gates with Janets. I don't think it is something that they should drop other more important work to fix since below I do have a workaround for it.  But just to let you know about it.

Janet1.jpg.55b5f18de3450eff61ff07235be478a4.jpg

Here is the ADIRS image of the gate.  When you issue a pushback the plane does not stay in the terminal it comes out onto Taxiway H. So if you hear a pushback request from Janet check which one in case you are taxiing traffic on H. It seems to be only with this gate.

Janet2.jpg.4feb3826926414857e108c886970a404.jpg

This picture is after the issuing "Janet 875 pushback approved expect runway 1L".  The plane will be sitting on Hotel. When it says "ground Ready to Taxi"   DO NOT issue any commands except "continue taxi" or "Hold position".  If you do you will lose control of the airplane.  It will no longer accept any commands of any kind and it will NOT move.  The next picture below is the command I gave and I lost all control of the plane. As you know the game gives it a route to take, do NOT even repeat that, you will lose the plane. From looking at the log file I believe the problem may be the start point of the route being different than the location of the plane.  Obviously the real bug is the fact that the plane taxis onto the taxiway, but I have seen that at other airports and did not lose control of the plane like I did here.

Janet3.thumb.jpg.3b8fd8682e4b9a69d5afbb268564f9aa.jpg

janet4.thumb.jpg.80e5e8bc0e2e26718561b6fd7d9258aa.jpg

Here is an excerpt from the log after issuing a taxi command.

13:05:01 * WWW875 => ADD HISTORY: WWW875:  Ground, JANET 875 ready to taxi.
COMMAND: WWW875 RUNWAY 1L TAXI VIA H S E D
13:06:30 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 1L * WWW875 =>   PARSE CMD:  RUNWAY 1L TAXI VIA H S E D
13:06:30 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 1L * WWW875 =>  VIA roadcut: RUNWAY 1L TAXI VIA HOTEL SIERRA ECHO DELTA
13:06:30 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 1L * WWW875 => RUNWAY roadcut: RUNWAY ONE LEFT  TAXI VIA HOTEL SIERRA ECHO DELTA  
13:06:30 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 1L * WWW875 => SAY: RUNWAY ONE LEFT  TAXI VIA HOTEL SIERRA ECHO DELTA   JANET EIGHT SEVEN FIVE
13:06:30 * WWW875 => ADD HISTORY: WWW875: RUNWAY 1L TAXI VIA H S E D WWW875
13:06:30 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 1L * WWW875 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_TO_RUNWAY to STATE_TO_RUNWAY
13:06:30 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 1L * WWW875 => Start calc route from: Jan_1  start idx: 5
13:06:30 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 1L * WWW875 => Calc from: Jan_1
WWW875 => ERROR: Road calculation error!!  0

I issued the exact path the game gave it, but after this the plane would no longer accept ANY commands and more importantly it would NOT move. I suspect the problem may be trying to start the taxi at Jan_1, but since the plane is now on Hotel, it can no longer do a route from Jan_1 (terminal/apron/ramp)

Now the workaround after doing a bit of testing:

Once this plane is on Hotel (and it will be the only one that does go onto Hotel) just issue a "Continue Taxi" command until it gets on to Sierra.  Once it has left Hotel, you can change routes, runways, anything you could normally do, but not until it leaves Hotel.  Of course I have not tested all possible situations but this worked when  I was sending to 1L, 1R or 26R.  Hope this helps, let me know if you don't have this problem, remember it is only a problem with this one gate not all of them.

More info: This does not happen if you "expect 19R" to the north, only when going south.  ???

Peabody

log attached.

Janet875game.log

2 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Thank you Peabody, we´ll investigate the problem. The pushing back all the way to the taxiway could be due to a lack of space in the apron itselt (it happens in real world), but the taxi command issue is a problem. 

Thank you Ariel, as I said I do not think this should get any priority over more important work going on in other airports, it only affects one plane and there is a workaround. But when you have the time and if you plan to use the airport in the next version it may be worth a look.

Peabody