The simFlight Network Forums

ALASKA AIRLINES

shyguyseattle

Thanks to all. This is one of the most entertaining threads for a long time!

I remember early in my career receiving guidance to “keep emotion out of any argument otherwise you may lose even if you are correct” and “if you go to print with poor spelling and bad grammar your credibility will be in tatters and so will be your argument”. Wise words.

Mike1960,

I agree with your view that it would be great if Nyerges Design would update liveries in the RC add-ons, not just Alaska but other airlines as well. To be fair to Gabor at ND, liveries are being updated, but perhaps not quite as fast as we enthusiasts would like, but bear in mind that across the RC packs there are 441 separate aircraft model / livery combinations. Each time a new airport is released ND have a RC pack ready to go on day 1; when EDDM was released there were 77 brand new aircraft/liveries not seen before. With EDDS, a Canadian and an Australian airport in the near future for the T3D world perhaps ND are busy with higher priorities? I don’t know if ND is a large software company or Gabor is a teenager making liveries in his bedroom after school, but I do know that their add-ons make the T3D experience significantly richer.

May I suggest you email ND with a polite request to update the Alaskan liveries? @crbascott and @hexzed are 2 of the most knowledgeable and helpful members of this forum. They deserve praise not a rant.

I did wonder about your unhinged hatred of Airbus until you mentioned where you live. ‘Buy local’ is a great mantra by which to live, have you bought a Boeing? 

All the best Mike, I too look forward to all liveries in T3D being accurate but patience is a virtue.

Wayne

Seconds out! Ding! Ding! Round 2! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mike1960 said:

dude your wrong they have painted all there planes now to look that way ok  I live in Seattle and I have seen them there are no old colors on any of there planes they are all colored in the new colors 

Backing up Craig here... He's correct- not all the Virgin Airbuses (Airbi?) have been repainted.

I took this photo last week at LAX. I flew thru LAX twice last week and saw plenty of Virgin (Alaska) Airbuses passing through.  Not to mention all the Virgin paint schemes I still see while flying.  

I was at SFO a couple weeks before and that was the first time I saw an Alaska Airbus, it was pretty cool!

yc16XSu.jpg?1

QFMeNva.jpg?1

2 hours ago, CL30 said:

Backing up Craig here... He's correct- not all the Virgin Airbuses (Airbi?) have been repainted.

Yep, I usually don't chime in unless I think I'm right. I'm a firm believer in a quote attributed to Mark Twain - "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crbascott said:

Yep, I usually don't chime in unless I think I'm right. I'm a firm believer in a quote attributed to Mark Twain - "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”.

Very good quote, lol!

@Mike1960, you may want to consider the words of Mark Twain I posted above. You've duded me a couple of time, said I was wrong, showed the entire forum disrespect, asked to backup your erroneous claims with a link, and have subsequently remained silent on uninformed claims you were willing to take to the Supreme Court.

I believe you owe me and the rest of the forum an apology.

Note: I wanted to take this message private but it said you couldn't receive private messages - so here we are. I assume that is because you are new or don't meet an age requirement. By your actions I have to assume the latter. Again, I'd ask that you calm down. Please remember this is a support forum and not a chat board for ranting and ravings. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I was just at SeaTac this morning picking up my mom from anchorage and I saw all the plans as I drove up to curb pickup that were at the Alaska gates they all had the new paint livery so that photo you say you took was probably one off of the internet as that It sounds like who ever is doing the updating has gotten lazy and just doesn't want to do the work 

Folks please, as solidary as you may be to your favorite/home  airline/airport, etc, please restrain from uttering inadequate words or false accusations in this forum. As other respectable members have said, this is not a forum for ranting but for sharing and discussing ideas as proffessionals will do. If there is something anyone does not agree with or wants to be heard, you can contact us (or Nyerges) directly kindly expressing your request and we will gladly listen to you. No one is lazy here, we are all trying to do our best satisfying as many customers as we can. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, shyguyseattle said:

I was just at SeaTac this morning picking up my mom from anchorage and I saw all the plans as I drove up to curb pickup that were at the Alaska gates they all had the new paint livery so that photo you say you took was probably one off of the internet as that It sounds like who ever is doing the updating has gotten lazy and just doesn't want to do the work 

@CL30is a pilot, so i would think he would know what he is talking about.

Honestly at the rate you are going, you will be banned from the forum

(Oh and changing your name isn't fooling anyone)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shyguyseattle said:

Welcome back Mike1960/shyguyseattle,

I see you have failed to follow the plentiful, friendly advice given to you by several members of this forum. How can I make this clearer so that you can understand?

1. Please accept the viewpoints of other members, particularly when they provide evidence backing their comments.

2. Please be polite.

3. Please do not call other members liars, or heavily hint at such an accusation.

4. Please stop having childish tantrums.

5. Please enjoy the friendship of this forum and the great advice given by some very knowledgable people.

6. Please contact the developer privately if you have a major beef with one of their products.

If you cannot do all of that, please do us all a favor and go and rant elsewhere.

All the best dude,

Wayne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, shyguyseattle said:

I facepalmed myself so hard I got a concussion lol.

11 hours ago, shyguyseattle said:

Mike, the only laziness exhibited is you by not researching the facts. You’re not seeing any old liveries because you’re not seeing the Airbus planes.

Always remember, when you point a finger at someone there’s three fingers pointing right back at you. 

hey I was messing around with changing the plane types in the  KSFO airport to see what would happen and I noticed that if you change the plane types for Alaska airlines in the flight schedule file that there are some of Alaska Airlines Boeing planes that do work that have the new livery if you use the Boeing 737-800 with this ICAO designation 73G that one works with the new livery also if you use the plane with this one 73H that works with the new livery also so calm down shyguyseattle it will happen by the time the new update for Real Traffic occurs I am sure that the other planes of Alaska airlines will be added to have the new livery.

Can i ask what RC packs you have ? As i have experimented with what you said (with both all packs and just SFO) and I cannot get what you say to work.

My understanding is that the 73G and the 73W has the same data model as the 737, and the 73H has the same data model as the 738, because i have done this "livery swap" before with other airlines

So in theory whatever livery the 738 has will transfer to the 73H, and the 737 to the 73G and W, and shouldn't be independent.

Also for example the 744 and 74E are interchangeable.

However i'm not going to dismiss what you say without having a look myself 🙂

Just for the record:

I'll make an analogy for Tower3D Pro with another 'niche' game of mine, Out of the Park Baseball. Now, OOTP as it's known has been around since the early 90's and has grown over the years bit by bit, each year a new release with varying amounts of progress and new features. It now has an official MLB and Players license which opens up all sorts of capabilities like doing justice for the Negro Leagues, etc.

For someone looking for a detailed simulation of being a General Manager and/or Manager of a Franchise, real or fictional, there is really no other game in town. Yet, on their forums posters get all bent out of shape about matters they have very little ground to stand on protesting.

Seems to me Tower3D Pro is in the exact same boat. I don't know of any other ATC simulator that does all that this game does with the support we enjoy. Now, some of you may laugh at that statement, but REALLY... stop and think about it. Where else are you going to go if you want a detailed ATC game? Hmm? If there is a better alternative, don't you think many of us would be elsewhere than this board discussing and tactfully expressing our desires for features and improvements??

Folks who open their mouths and spout off before they really take in the situation with this game really need to adjust their attitude.

Do all of us get frustrated with the pace of progress from Vic and Co. and Gabor as well? You Betcha.

Would we all rather see monthly releases of patches and upgrades to existing versions of the game and the individual airports? You're damned right we would!

However, most well-adjusted, mature individuals here temper their content, questions and comments in the knowledge that FeelThere and Nyerges have limited resources of time, money and manpower to apply to Tower3DPro. More importantly, we understand that continually "whipping the horse" to go faster will eventually result in him lying down rather than going any faster. There is always the risk of killing the golden goose, so to speak.

So, let's all be careful not to over-do it when it comes to vitriol and hard lines getting drawn in the proverbial sand. Making demands doesn't help our cause, and may actually hasten a quicker end to the life of Tower3D.

/rant off

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Well ranted. I agree. Having been with this "game" since 2011, I have seen a number of cynics come and go but if you look around the forum now, there is a steady number of what I would call "true supporters" of FT & ND & what Vic, Ariel & Gabor & don't forget the others who have produced airports as well, are trying to achieve.

Kev M

• Upvote 1