The simFlight Network Forums
flying-w

FAO Dave Ward

Dave - if you are out there.....

You contacted me via email with a  support request, but it is impossible to reply to you at the email address given.

Generating server: DB5EUR01HT058.mail.protection.outlook.com

Remote Server returned '550 5.5.0 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable.'

If you see this and still require help, please contact me here or from another email address

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon, My email is now back and running, bu I will post again the problem I have, each time I install STB, I keep getting an error on the configuration status window saying " FAIL......    Airport Database Compilation" I have tried several times, but this error comes up each time, if I just ignore the error, the STB seems to run ok, but wondered if you could give me advice

I'm going to try attach some screen grabs here (but not good at this kind of thing)

I'm running win 10, P3Dv3, Traffic Global early access (latest v1.1.0.6) ORBX software 'Global, Europe etc, UKScenery 2000, 

ERROR 1.png

Edited by Daveyfly

I have tried to paste a couple of screen grabs, but it wont let me because it says I have exceeded my limit?? 

Edited by Daveyfly
Trying to upload another screen grab, but having trouble

6 hours ago, Daveyfly said:

I have tried to paste a couple of screen grabs, but it wont let me because it says I have exceeded my limit?? 

I don't know what that's about as I don't manage the forums, however I have enough from what you have already posted. 

Your error is occurring because TrafficGlobal_MyFlights.bgl does not contain any flight plans.  I've fixed this for FSX and Prepar3D V4, because they are the current development platforms.  However I'm sorry to say I no longer develop for Prepar3D V3 so I can't fix it there.  You can work around it yourself by either adding your own flight plans in Traffic Global or renaming the file mentioned in the error to something  other than ".bgl"

Thanks
Simon

Wow Thanks for that Simon, I have located that file and changed it to ".Mybgl" and now installs ok,, also looks as though I have more arrivals and departures showing, I have not long purchased your programme from JustFlight, and it says on their web site that STB is fully compatible with both P3dv3 and v4, so that's why I bought it, perhaps you could ask JustFlight to change this description so as no one else may have a problem, I also contacting them and asked is it compatible with their 'Traffic Global early access' and they said to me "I cannot see why not"

anyway thanks again

PS: if I create some of my own flights as you say, would it then work ok with this file (.bgl)

I know that you said you not supporting P3Dv3 but I'm retired now and at this time could not afford to get P3Dv4 yet

thanks

Dave Ward