The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Traffic Limiter query

Hello Pete and simFlight community,

Since the launch of the Aerosoft Airbus I am struggling with my AI. For example, if I fly into the Frankfurt area FPS lower to 3-5 for a number of seconds to load all AI at the airport. Normally not a big issue, but since the Aerosoft Bus requires 18FPS for the FBW my plane is going crazy.

I have tried some AI traffic removers (Unwanted AI Remover, AI Traffic Manager), but they cannot avoid that all the aircraft are being loaded at Frankfurt if that is my destination (unwanted AI remover only removes AI except departure and destination; AI Traffic Manager loads only every 60 seconds, so when the stutters occur they are too late).

So I am wondering what FSUIPC can do on that part. Is it possible that the Traffic Limiter only loads a select amount of aircraft when entering that area, so the stuttering will decrease or even disappear?

Many thanks for answering my question!

Erik

Hi Thomas, thanks for the reply. I indeed found the maual and read it. For me the question is: what will happen if you fly into a dense area? First all the aircraft are spawned, causing excessive stutter, and then they are removed according to the settings in the *.ini file? Or are the directly spawned according to the settings in the *.ini file?

I want to achieve that P3D does not stutter too much when entering an AI crowded area like Frankfurt or London. In my QW787 not an issue, but the Aerosoft Airbus is a bit sensitive...

18 hours ago, Er!k said:

what will happen if you fly into a dense area? First all the aircraft are spawned, causing excessive stutter, and then they are removed according to the settings in the *.ini file? Or are the directly spawned according to the settings in the *.ini file?

There's no way FSUIPC is hacking into Sim code to stop an aircraft being 2spawned". It simply receives information about aircraft as they are created, moved, deleted, whatever, THEN it uses the parameters you set to determine which ones, if any, should be dleeted.

18 hours ago, Er!k said:

I want to achieve that P3D does not stutter too much when entering an AI crowded area like Frankfurt or London. In my QW787 not an issue, but the Aerosoft Airbus is a bit sensitive...

If you notice such stutters, then you need to adjust settings. I would not advise having traffic sliders up to 100% with a low limit value like 50 and a traffic program which creates hundreds of aircraft when approaching a busy airport.  It's all a matter of getting a balance.

I get some small stuffers when approaching a big airport, but I found they are the same with no traffic allowed at all (not by my limiter).  They are actually due to the "spawning" of the airport buildings and so on.

Pete

1 hour ago, Er!k said:

Currently all my 1.500 AI flightplans all have the % set to 1%, so setting the slider is useless now

Sorry, what percent in a flightplan? i don't understand? Does the slider not limit the AI? I've never used anything but add-on traffic providers -- MyTraffic6, UT2, UTlive, Traffic Global.  Sometimes more than one of those together.

UT2 andUTLive, because they inject the traffic, not using BGLs, have their own "slider". 

Pete

I have found a solution. The AIFP tool is able to update the % used in a flightplan, so they are now randomized. As a result the traffic slider works again. Have now limited the AI slider to 25% but still have the major stutter. Maybe a corrupt model, but I have to dig deeper.

• 9 months later...

Hello Pete,

What is the "best practice" for setting the limiter in a way that I see the least possible aircraft vanishing from my view? Yesterday I was flying, getting into cruise altitude, there was a plane ahead and it just disappeared. I would like to avoid this at all costs by making the farthest planes to vanish instead. What do you recommend?

Thank you!

With the FSUIPC limiter it is the furthest which are deleted first, at least in the air. The parameters provided mainly deal with ground aircraft, though there is one option which can be used to favour airborne aircraft which are due to arrive at or depart from your current airport. but if you are airborne yourself then the airborne AI deleted first are the furthest from you.

So I don't know why you actually saw one disappear. That is more likely to be one of those cases where the sim deletes them if they've run into a conflict or have somehow no where to go, though I don't know how either could happen in the air.

Pete

Thanks for the information. And today it happened again, I was in cruise with another plane passing barely above, in front, and then it disappeared. My .INI is currently with these values:

AP=3

PAP=4

GP=2

NP=1

TFR=0

TL=100

As I've said previously, my goal is to have a most "stable" situation possible, i.e., not seeing planes vanishing close to me on the ground and in the air. As to flightplans and real routes and real times I don't really care about.

2 hours ago, PhugoidEffect said:

Thanks for the information. And today it happened again, I was in cruise with another plane passing barely above, in front, and then it disappeared. My .INI is currently with these values:

AP=3

PAP=4

GP=2

NP=1

TFR=0

TL=100

If those are the real values in your INI then since they are out of 100, you are effectively stopping most of the ways it offers of deleting traffic   set them to 0 to only delete furthest traffic.

Otherwise use much higher values for all except NP, PAP and AP which could be kept low (0 for NP).

2 hours ago, PhugoidEffect said:

not seeing planes vanishing close to me on the ground

It tries to avoid deleting ground traffic nearer than about 0.5 nm in any case. But if it has to because of tge limit, then it certainly will. And there's still a random chance.

I've experimented with all this myself, and cannot recommend any specific settings. The defaults are all at 50% for a reason! These days, now i have a much faster PC and P3D4 performance is so much better, I just try to set the limit high enough for there rarely to be any need for deletions.

Pete