The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse wheel for panning

How would you pan using a click? Do you mean a mouse wheel moving not only round but also rocking left and right?

There are no easy assignment facilities in FSUIPC for using the mouse wheel for panning. But you could do it using a Lua plug-in --there are events for receiving and even trapping mouse wheel movements both horizontal and forward/back. But interpreting these to do directional panning would probably not be as smooth as using a normal POV assigned to PAN_VIEW, which does it all.

Does Prosim offer such a facility?

Pete

8 hours ago, Driver170 said:

My mouse is only a wheel that clicks.

So how would you be able to pan properly? You could only go up and down not side to side. Or does Ezdok change from one to the other on a click? And if you have Ezdok with the facility, why need another way?

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

So how would you be able to pan properly? You could only go up and down not side to side. Or does Ezdok change from one to the other on a click? And if you have Ezdok with the facility, why need another way?

Pete

Hi pete i had ezdok but it changed my views. I wasn’t able to use prosim 737 virtual cockpit

Hmm. Sorry, then ... maybe that new program ("ChasePlane" ?) which gets good reviews will help. Otherwise you can try Lua but I don't think it will be as smooth as a proper PAN_VIEW assignment.

Maybe there's another program which turns mouse operations into assignable joystick axis inputs?

Pete

6 hours ago, Driver170 said:

i reinstalled ezdok all working nicely again

How do you pan in different directions with just mose wheel up / down? Does the click switch directions with Ezdok?

If you are using a mouse, why not just use FSUIPC's MouseLook? Holding the wheel down (clicked) and moving the mouse itself left/right/forward/back?

Pete