The simFlight Network Forums
terenceskelton1

Cannot install or uninstall

Hi.

I had MyTrafficProfessional 6.0A running fine until recently when I had to remove the hard drive where the original installation was.

When I try to install, or uninstall, I get an error message "MyTraffic" is not a valid short file name.

I had a copy of the original installation, so I copied MyTraffic into the FSX folder, and amended all the paths and added the scenery to the scenery.cfg, but I get no traffic.

The communicator will not run from the start menu, but it will run from within the MyTraffic folder in FSX.

The main problem is that I cannot do an uninstall or an install!

Attached the log file from the failed install.

Please help.

Terry

MSIa957b.LOG

Hi.

Got it sorted!

Had to install another hard drive and assign it the original drive F drive letter that the original installation was done on, copied the backed up MyTraffic folder to it, which then allowed me to uninstall and reinstall MyTraffic to drive C.

Deleted the simobjects path in the FSX.cfg.

Entered all the paths within the communicator, then manually added MyTraffic in the scenery library within FSX splash screen, and I now have traffic again!

Phew!

Terry