The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cuantreau

wrong AI Plane shown when selecting View AI

It's driving me crazy, i uninstalled everything respecting flyaway simulations, re installed and installed latest update, same thing, wrong ai, please i need help with this, i wish i dont have to re install prepar3d all over.

Thanks a lot

Prepar3dv4.3

Prepar3D and FSX before it can have problems in this area, due to the quality of the API provided and suspected simulator bugs.

1) Do the other view related functions work, such as Tail View, View from Airport etc?  You may need to update your STB if you don't have those options, and they work much better as they are using a Prepar3D API designed for the task.

2) Reduce your traffic volumes to just a few AI aircraft, does View AI work correctly then?

Simon

Hi Simon, thanks for your reply, i tried your suggestions, they work correctly with other views, but the ones i mostly use are shadow ai and view ai, these do not work on every aircraft.

Something is going on here, as i never had this issues before

Reinstalled windows and p3d from scratch, then STB v.4.0.2017.21200 then the update 4.2.2018.20200 and the problem persists.

A fix would be very welcome

Thanks

On 8/5/2018 at 5:39 PM, Cuantreau said:

Hi Simon, thanks for your reply, i tried your suggestions, they work correctly with other views, but the ones i mostly use are shadow ai and view ai, these do not work on every aircraft.

Something is going on here, as i never had this issues before

It's not my problem to fix, it's in Prepar3D.  However I'll take a look at a trace of the problem if you like

1) Create the scenario where View AI fails with as few AI aircraft as possible

2) Enable "Verbose" tracing in STB, see Appendix C of user guide

3) Add the ObjectID column to your arrivals and departures

4) Reproduce the problem, and take a screenshot of STB.  Let me know which AI you where trying to look at

5) Exit STB and send me the trace file.

Thanks
Simon

Thanks - that's a good test case.  I need to add some code to see what the simulator is really thinking about when your View AI command is sent.  That's a job for tonight, I'll send you an update when it's done.  It won't fix your problem, but may help understand it better.

Simon

Thanks a lot Simon, in the meantime i can tell you, that magically it started working normal again, i really don't know the reason, but i assume it will fail randomly again. I may add that i own STB for a long time now and it's the first time this is happening. Again, thank a lot for your work Simon!