The simFlight Network Forums
diceflo

I have a problem with AIFP and STB

So I decided to just make my own ai and forget all the payware programs. I am using AIFP a lot to assign my flightplans and every time I try to do something, I have to click through these messages. I didn't think it would bother me but now I am high up in my flightplans and it is getting annoying. Can you tell me how to use STB with AIFP? thanks

aifp ss.jpg

Not sure it's AIFP causing that, there's nothing special you need to do concerning that tool.  The only comment I'd make is if you are using multi-week schedules and AFAIK know AIFP is the only tool that may support that, get the latest STB for Prepar3D update.

The error's coming straight from Windows, STB is only reflecting it to you.  I can't imagine why you would be denied read access to Program Files.  It won't help you right now, but I plan a "silent mode" for compiling the airport database where content errors are written to file rather than reported in dialogue boxes.

Thanks
Simon

yes, I have the latest version. I have another question maybe related or not. Does STB have a limit to the amount of ai it handles. For example I have been adding tons of ai and on the traffic board I can see them listed but some stay "scheduled" and never depart or arrive and others are fine. Could there be a limit or could this be caused by the problem with AIFP? since all of my ai flightplans gets processed with AIFP and that error message comes up several times when compiling then maybe it's not interacting with STB correctly. Just a theory

STB does have a limit on the number of flights it can store in the database, simply put there are somethings that still have a 32bit orientation even though the entire app is now compiled to 64bit.  I don't think that has a bearing on your current issues.  Flights that stay scheduled may have three causes:

1) The simulator tries to create them at the appointed time, but fails to do so because of a configuration problem (e.g. aircraft.cfg)

2) The simulator tries to create them but fails due to airport capacity, e.g. all available parking slots already occupied.

3) STB has worked out the time wrong for some reason.

You can dismiss the first one by trying the "arrive now" command, or depart now if there are lots of free parking spaces.  If the flight gets created by the simulator, albiet with a different schedule, there are no AI configuratio problems present.  The second one, just a case of reducing the sliders or getting an up to date and accurate AFD.  The final one can never happen since I am perfect!  Well actually I'm very far from being perfect, so the real question here is does the schedule presented in STB match that provided by AIFP?

yeah, I seem to have a lot more departures than arrivals. I don't know if that's because of an update. The depart now option works so it's not that. I also reduced my sliders which helps out a little bit.

I had not considered that because you said that you were perfect. If that is the problem, how would I fix that? Every time I add a new airline I make runways and compile airports. Maybe I am overloading it. Should I uninstall and reinstall STB?. Isn't the latest version sort of a beta and not the full update yet? thanks

1) I don't think you are overloading it

2) Uninstall and reinstall is a complete myth, as it is for most application software.  It almost never fixes any problem

3) Yes 20200 is a beta as it is not quite at the required quality level to be consider an offical update and released on to the masses.

4) I am most definitely not perfect.  If I was I would not be up at 4AM working on STB and no one would ever have a problem!

Simon

So let me tell you what's happening now. I did some extensive spotting yesterday so I will try to explain my problem better. Ok, for example I was spotting at KMIA and on the board it says a tampa cargo plane is due at 9:00pm and it is currently noon in P3D V4. If I change the time in P3D V4 to 8:45pm the tampa cargo no longer shows at 9:00pm and now it shows at 11:00pm. If I change the time to 10:30pm then the tampa cargo shows arriving the next day. You see what I am trying to explain?. I also see big blocks of time taken by the country's flag carrier instead of various airlines and less arrivals than departures, but that may be from something else :). These problems could be just specific to me but maybe it's happening to other people as well. By the way the problem I had with AIFP is that I was not running as administrator. Can you believe that one.

Sorry I have no idea what you are asking :). it's not just Tampa cargo, that was just an example. I just download the plans and let them go, I don't know about anything technical like that. What is it and where do I check for that?

The reason I asked is I'm aware of some problems with schedules using repeat periods of less than one_day, where the schedule occurs after the first repeat period of the day.  You can check for it in the source instructions for the traffic schedule (if you have them), or if you are on the 20200 beta update just click "view flight details" and send me a screenshot.

Simon

I've not been able to reproduce the problem you are seeing.  Could we try the following please:

1) Set up a "Verbose Trace" as per Appendix C of the user guide.

2) Reproduce the problem, e.g. " Ok, for example I was spotting at KMIA and on the board it says a tampa cargo plane is due at 9:00pm and it is currently noon in P3D V4. If I change the time in P3D V4 to 8:45pm the tampa cargo no longer shows at 9:00pm and now it shows at 11:00pm. If I change the time to 10:30pm then the tampa cargo shows arriving the next day. "

3) Select the flight and then "View Flight Details" right at the start and take a screenshot like the one above.  Do this right at the start then every time you change the simulator time to show the problem. 

With trace verbose, extra stuff is put into the Flight Details dialogue.

Thanks
Simon

well something is definitely going on but it may not be with STB. I downloaded another repaint for a different model and Tampa cargo showed up (but black textures). I still have a lot less departures than arrivals and most of my planes say scheduled and never arrive or depart. Funny thing is all the flag carriers are active so there are huge blocks of arrivals and departures from then but few from other ones. I think the problem may be that my ai is a combination of different models from FAIB down to AIG and that could cause confusion if some of the models are P3D native, FSX native or P3D converted. It's all very confusing so maybe that's happening. Now here's something interesting. If I change the traffic sliders in P3D V4.2 it doesn't change the values in STB. But I'm sure that the next STB will solve all my problems 🙂

Got this error today, not sure what it means. How can I make sure STB is reading the flight plans from AIFP? Also all of my emirates 777's always stay scheduled. Is there some kind of filter button somewhere that I accidentally clicked on because I have no idea what is happening. The 380's get active and they are using the same flight plans. 

Screenshot (4).png

The error means your airport database is incorrect.  Are you recompiling it after making any schedule change?

yes, I recompile and make runways each time. I tried to rebuild my cfg file and I still only have few arrivals but lots of departures. The airline density does not reflect in STb. If I reduce the sliders in P3D V4.2 there is no change. Is there something else I can check? How can I make sure STB is correct in it's data. Can you tell me what version was the last stable one, maybe I can go back to an earlier version to see if that solves it.

Hi Simon...I stumbled into this today and don't know if it has any correlation to "diceflo" problem but I use AIFP to add scedules and compile and I saw this.. I including a couple text so you can see.

Also...maybe you can point out where it is in manual...but lets say I have a text for an ai I added..say: NAMC YS11 and no logo with it. Its for Piedmont....how would I add that with a Piedmont logo?

Know you're busy...when you can..

Thanks,

Bob

stb error.JPG

AircraftErrors.txt

good try but I saw that yesterday too and thought it could be the problem. But I think that it is just telling you that some of the aifp plans are not complete. For example If you compiled an airline but didn't have all the repaints in the file (something I do all the time).  I was checking my STB today and saw something weird. A whole row of planes are active but that one emirates 773 is always scheduled. I am finding this problem all over the place where a plane always stays scheduled. I also can't see this aircraft in my P3D v4.2 default ai traffic view. it's so weird and getting annoying.111425420_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.6625fcd5d6da8e971ab0901495f11d81.png

Are you having the same problem with the scheduled airlines?. For the logo, I do a search online a save the logo and then add it to the logos folder and STB reads it fine.

yeah..just need to figure out how to change the name of the airlines which shows as the simobject name (NAMC YS11) to airline name "Piedmont" and a logo (which is in the logo folder)

Bob

Success! I discovered a miss match in the numbering for the 773's and they all appeared. Good thing to know especially if I have to check to see if other planes have the same problem. I hope that won't be the case. My other problem still exists but maybe it's all related.

2018-8-27_15-44-33-699.jpg

1 hour ago, diceflo said:

I was checking my STB today and saw something weird. A whole row of planes are active but that one emirates 773 is always scheduled. I am finding this problem all over the place where a plane always stays scheduled. I also can't see this aircraft in my P3D v4.2 default ai traffic view. it's so weird and getting annoying.

What you are seeing is absolutely normal and always has been as far as STB is concerned (since V3 was first introduced).  A flight that is "scheduled" is configured in a traffic BGL, but for some reason the simulator has not created it as an AI aircraft.  That would explain why you can't see it throught view AI either.  Common reasons for Ai failing to be created include lack of parking and problems with the aircraft configuration.

Simon