The simFlight Network Forums
crbascott

CUSTOM SCHEDULES for KLAX ~ by crbascott ~ 7 Daily Schedules!!!

Hello again Controllers!

With KLAX being the most played airport in the Tower series thus far, I figured I was long overdue in releasing a custom schedule. And of course, it's not just one schedule but 7 days of chaos and Southern California fun. 🙂 As always, my schedules are real and based on downloaded information from FlightAware. To avoid duplicate flight number issues a few flight numbers were changed, but no animals or movie starts were harmed in the making of the schedules. The schedules are full of passenger, GA, and cargo flights - enough to easily fill up the shortage of available gates. The chart below illustrates the day-by-day commercial and GA traffic included in the daily schedules.

klax_chart.thumb.JPG.dbec355dfcf16ef75388a946f47cd6f8.JPG

I've also created a custom terminal file that should more accurately represent the gates and terminals currently used at KLAX. Additionally, I've included updated airlines and airports files - primarily to handle the widespread GA traffic. 

And what is a standard feature for my custom schedules, I've included snippet files for each day - optimized schedule files containing 3 hours of flights from the full schedule. For example, the snippet optimized for a 10:00 session start contains flights for the hours of 09, 10, and 11. What I've seen and experienced is that using a full day's schedule (Real Traffic or custom) causes flights to be dropped because of gate availability and delayed due to "no free terminal". By reducing the number of hours in the schedule, you can eliminate the dropped flights and get a richer more realistic flight volume experience. 

Attached to bottom of this post you'll find a zip file called klax_crbascott.zip that contains:

• Common files to be used for each of the 7 days: 
    • Updated terminal file - klax_terminal.txt
    • Updated airlines file - klax_airlines.txt
    • Updated airports file - klax_airports.txt
    • Reference file for GA/charter airlines included in GA traffic - klax_charter_airlines.txt
  • 7 folders containing the daily schedule files (10-Sunday, 11-Monday, 12-Tuesday, 13-Wednesday, 14-Thursday, 15-Friday, 16-Saturday). Within each folder you will find:
    • Full custom schedule file for that day - klax_schedule.txt
    • Full GA traffic file for that day - klax_gaandlocaltraffic.txt
    • Folders containing snippet schedule files (both commercial and GA) for the hours 06 thru 22. 

I'd recommend unzipping klax_crbascott.zip into your KLAX folder. It will create a crbascott sub-folder with the above mentioned contents. As always, please remember to backup your original Real Traffic files - the current version of sp6v8b is recommended.

Feel free to contact me on this forum or Discord with questions, comments, and/or issues.

ENJOY!!

Craig (crbascott)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are interested in multiplayer action and haven't yet joined us at Tower_MP, check out the following post for more information. https://forum.simflight.com/topic/83242-tower_mp-meeting-place-for-the-multiplayer-community/

Previous custom schedules: 
KPHX - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85555-custom-schedules-for-kphx-~-by-crbascott-~-7-daily-schedules/
KLAS - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/84804-custom-schedules-for-klas-~-by-crbascott-~-7-daily-schedules/
KSAN - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/84788-custom-schedule-for-ksan-~-by-crbascott-~-bonus-files-included/
KJFK - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/84721-custom-schedule-for-kjfk-~-by-crbascott-~-bonus-files-included/

Next custom schedule: KJFK - 7 daily schedules

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated on August 10, 2018 for Mas Carga related fixes.

klax_crbascott_v3.zip

• Like 4

Looks good Craig,

Will give this a good workout when back from visiting my son next week.

Thanks for all the hard work on this one 👍

G

• Upvote 1

What is the busiest day at the airport with the most variety of airliners?

Edit: I didn't saw the graphic above haha...my bad

1 hour ago, AirJamaica said:

And why is there a 767 Maxjet in your schedule lol. They ceased operations back in '07

It's not a Maxjet, lol - it's actually a Mas Air Cargo.    

Maxjet was included with Real Traffic and I added Mas Air Cargo. Apparently, the IATA code for both is/was MY. Thanks to your critical eye, I have now removed the Maxjet entry from the airlines file. You can use the attached updated airlines file or re-download the entire zip. 

klax_airlines.txt

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

It's not a Maxjet, lol - it's actually a Mas Air Cargo.    

Maxjet was included with Real Traffic and I added Mas Air Cargo. Apparently, the IATA code for both is/was MY. Thanks to your critical eye, I have now removed the Maxjet entry from the airlines file. You can use the attached updated airlines file or re-download the entire zip. 

klax_airlines.txt

It def was a Maxjet 767 at the intercontinental ramp lol.

I won't change the airlines.txt. haha

I really like the livery and the type of aircraft in this case a 762

n260my-maxjet-boeing-767-205_PlanespottersNet_154845_4b39a3f7d8.jpg

51 minutes ago, AirJamaica said:

It def was a Maxjet 767 at the intercontinental ramp lol.

I won't change the airlines.txt. haha

I really like the livery and the type of aircraft in this case a 762

Whatever makes you happy, it will be a white airplane no matter what you do. 🙂

Just to make your life harder, MasCarga is actually M7 (MY is MAS Wings from Malaysia) 😄

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

7 hours ago, crbascott said:

Whatever makes you happy, it will be a white airplane no matter what you do. 🙂

What really surprises me is, how in earth does T3D have made a livery for an airliner that ceased operations 11 years ago 😆. Maybe there are more secrets in the game like Air Jamaica livery or BWIA 😎 hahaha

363340824_Tower!3DPro8_10_201811_43_03AM.thumb.png.d8efeaf1b3425d441531523e2db88da2.png

And another small thing. Emirates 777 flight to EHBK (Maastricht) should be a cargo plane but it was parked at the pax terminal as a pax plane.

The problem with this is, that you can't make difference in the schedule between cargo and pax. Either you add a new airline like Emirates cargo and give it a new iata code in the airlines file, but then it will have no livery, or you have it as a pax flight and have a liverie on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AirJamaica said:

And another small thing. Emirates 777 flight to EHBK (Maastricht) should be a cargo plane but it was parked at the pax terminal as a pax plane.

Air Jamaica,

As @jonas243said, we have to make sacrifices because of current data limitations. If someone wanted to spend the time, they'd find more flights like this in my schedules and all the other custom schedules available. Also, at LAX we weren't given any cargo gates so we have to use the small number of GA gates for both GA and cargo. If I moved all the true cargo flights to Terminal_GA they'd never show up because of a lack of gates (No Free Terminal).  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hexzed said:

Just to make your life harder, MasCarga is actually M7 (MY is MAS Wings from Malaysia

I use airframes.org and they have Mas Carga with MY. Normally they are reliable, but looks like they may have missed this one. I quit using iata.org because it doesn't appear to be an exhaustive list, member airlines only.

Thanks for the heads up.

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

Air Jamaica,

As @jonas243said, we have to make sacrifices because of current data limitations. If someone wanted to spend the time, they'd find more flights like this in my schedules and all the other custom schedules available. Also, at LAX we weren't given any cargo gates so we have to use the small number of GA gates for both GA and cargo. If I moved all the true cargo flights to Terminal_GA they'd never show up because of a lack of gates (No Free Terminal).  

We're waiting for months now for a big improvement of LAX to solve problems like this. The cargo area is a big mess with all those houses and trees on the tarmac. A real shame that the developers won't make some time for an update as LAX is one of the most played airports in T3D.

4 hours ago, crbascott said:

I use airframes.org

Thanks to you for the heads up on this site, I will add it to my list 😊

11 hours ago, hexzed said:

I use airframes.org

Even this sight is not complete. Dragonair HDA, KA shows up in their list. It was renamed to Cathay Dragon some time ago. Put in Cathay Dragon & there is no record found. I always think you need to research many info sites & work from them using what you know & the mixture of info they give.

Kev M

Loving this schedule so far! It really does change the feel of playing LAX compared to the default schedule.

I do have one question though, are the Compass E175s supposed to be white; or am I just missing the RC pack that contains them?

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, ac455 said:

Loving this schedule so far! It really does change the feel of playing LAX compared to the default schedule.

I do have one question though, are the Compass E175s supposed to be white; or am I just missing the RC pack that contains them?

Compass E175 are in texpack6 and texpack11 which if my list is right are KLAS and KSFO. I don't have all the airports so they may be in others.

13 minutes ago, Peabody said:

Compass E175 are in texpack6 and texpack11 which if my list is right are KLAS and KSFO. I don't have all the airports so they may be in others.

That's it - so far.

33 minutes ago, Peabody said:

That makes since, I only have the real traffic bundle so I do have quite a few white planes on my other airports. Ill definitely be getting LAS Real Colour if that is the case. Thanks for letting me know!

8 hours ago, ac455 said:

That makes since, I only have the real traffic bundle so I do have quite a few white planes on my other airports. Ill definitely be getting LAS Real Colour if that is the case. Thanks for letting me know!

Well, some like to play with the correct planes others like myself prefer the planes having liveries, so you could always change the 175 to a 170 to get the  liveries.  The 170 would be in LAX which is part of the "bundle".

4 hours ago, Peabody said:

Well, some like to play with the correct planes others like myself prefer the planes having liveries, so you could always change the 175 to a 170 to get the  liveries.  The 170 would be in LAX which is part of the "bundle".

Same for me,  I would prefer planes with liveries rather than white correct planes. Ill change the Compass 175 to a 170 as a temporary fix until I do purchase another Real Colour pack.