The simFlight Network Forums

*** CUSTOM SCHEDULE'S LIST (fictional & real life airport timetables) ***

pete_agreatguy

Hi all,

I think it is best we have one place for a complete list of custom schedule's already developed (and future ones).

Therefore I have created a blog post (linked below) which I will keep up-to-date with the aid of community developers.

Complete Custom Schedule's List

PLAYERS (users of a custom schedule):

1. Support is provided on the airport timetable thread by the developer (i.e. the link found on the table on the blog post above - "Complete Custom Schedule's List").

2. If there is an error or an issue with a custom schedule, please reply on the appropriate custom schedule thread; not this one! Custom schedule developers do not check this thread for such reports.

CUSTOM SCHEDULE DEVELOPERS ***IMPORTANT***:

1. When you create your own custom schedule topic on the forum, please make sure to include "CUSTOM SCHEDULE" in the title along with the airport ICAO code so it is easy to identify. This also allows your schedule to appear in the "complete list" link on the blog post above.

For example, a topic title of "KJFK Custom Schedule Winter 2019 v1.1" (without the speech marks).

2. I HIGHLY recommend you use a version number in the title and main post to help users identify if they need to update their files. e.g. v1, v2 or v1.1, v1.2 etc.

3. If you need to make changes to your schedule after release; please update the original post. Do NOT start a new topic unless you are posting a schedule based upon a different time period.

4. Not required but HIGHLY recommended: To achieve maximum compatibility for users who wish to play your schedule on multiplayer; it is recommended you create "hourly snippets". Between 3-6 hourly snippets should suffice, depending on the number of flights within the time period of your schedule's hourly snippet.

For example; create your schedule, provide the full timetable "schedule.txt" but also provide hourly snippets: 0600-1000, 1000-1400, 1400-1800, 1800-2200 or similar depending on the flow between those hours. These can also overlap as well; e.g. 1000-1500, 1400-1800 and 1700-2300.

Why do this? It helps prevent long loading times and loading issues; i.e. a schedule not loading and players getting disconnected (see here for an example).

5. Not required but recommended: Please provide a chart or table of your timetable (hourly is suggested) so that it is easy for users to pick a time slot to play.

6. If you have any new schedules, either PM me the link or DM me it on the Multiplayer discord server so I can update the blog post. If you would like me to add special developer notes to the blog post (or amend what I have stated already), please feel free to PM or discord DM me and I shall happily do so.

Please send me only one message. I am not as active on here due to other commitments elsewhere and losing interest in the current version of T3D. I aim to reply and add your schedule within at least a week; though usually less - especially if contacted via the discord server mentioned.

If you send me more than one message in a fortnight, it is likely I will not reply or add your schedule due to your gross negligence on how to follow simple instructions as outlined in this very post.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Controller- Rogue said:

Permission granted.

2 hours ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

All good 

Thank you all. Also added @bcooley66's KLAX schedule as well now.

If any of the developers would like me to add special developer notes to the blog post (or amend what I have stated already), please feel free to PM or discord DM me and I shall happily do so :)

On 8/9/2018 at 2:12 PM, pete_agreatguy said:

Thank you all. Also added @bcooley66's KLAX schedule as well now.

If any of the developers would like me to add special developer notes to the blog post (or amend what I have stated already), please feel free to PM or discord DM me and I shall happily do so 🙂

Your website needs to include a date column in which schedules were posted.  Just showing file names isn't giving the community an idea of how old something is.

1 hour ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

Your website needs to include a date column in which schedules were posted.  Just showing file names isn't giving the community an idea of how old something is.

This can be implemented. I will do so when I have some free time.

They can see this info for themselves on the posts already mind.

5 hours ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

oh ok 

Basically though ...

1) Navigate to the airport folder you wish to produce a custom schedule for. Usually  "C:\SteamClient\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\Extensions\Airfields".

2) Make a copy of the file "schedule.txt". I suggest naming one "backupKJFKschedule.txt" or something. Then name the main schedule file "schedule.txt". The latter will be the file that Tower3D Pro looks up.

3) Notepad++ is recommended so download and install it.

4) In the schedule file you need to add your custom schedule flights. Each line is laid out like:

Departure Airport, Arrival Airport, Aircraft Type, Airline, Flight number, Arrival time, Departure time, Duration and lastly codeshare (the airline code).

All of this information can be found in the [icao]_airlines.txt, [icao]_airplanes.txt and [icao]_airports.txt files within the airports folder as mentioned above.

For example:

SFO,JFK,752,DL,2144,00:03,12:00,1,DL
LAX,JFK,752,DL,759,00:04,12:00,1,DL
JFK,POS,738,BW,551,12:00,00:05,1,BW
JFK,BOG,788,AV,245,12:00,00:10,1,AV
JFK,IST,77W,TK,12,12:00,23:50,1,TK
JFK,YYC,744,CX,95,12:00,23:51,1,CX
CLT,JFK,752,AA,1608,23:51,12:00,1,AA
JFK,PSE,320,B6,745,12:00,23:52,1,B6
JFK,BQN,321,B6,839,12:00,23:57,1,B6
JFK,SJU,321,B6,1503,12:00,23:58,1,B6
SFO,JFK,321,AA,20,23:58,12:00,1,AA
JFK,BGI,320,B6,1561,12:00,23:59,1,B6
MCO,JFK,321,B6,284,23:59,12:00,1,B6 

5) Most of those who have already created schedules also amend the [icao]_terminal.txt file so that each airline parks at the correct terminal or apron of the particular airport.

I know there use to be a program which was created by someone on here but I am unsure if it is still usable.

Edited by pete_agreatguy
was ordered too lol

2 minutes ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

ok so basically I can use the old schedule as a guide to go off of and just change certain things then also do I have to have that many FedEx flights in Memphis that just seems like over kill even though I know that FedEx has there hub there.

Basically yup :)

You can use web sites such as flight radar to discover realistic airport timetables:

https://www.flightradar24.com/airport/mem/arrivals