The simFlight Network Forums

Prosim sending FSUIPC control

Hi Pete,

I have set Prosim to send "0x3110 = 1009" when the VRotate gate has been reached (to turn AI traffic off when airborne). I always start the sim with AI traffic on so that the control sent will turn AI traffic off at VR.

However, at VR I am seeing the screen go black, the traffic loading bar appear and then a fully AI populated airport, almost as if the control sent is requesting 100% traffic rather than a toggle from 100% to 0%, or the traffic is toggled twice (to 0% and then back to 100%).

The FSUIPC log shows that it may be the latter (0% then straight back to 100%) but I'm not sure:

1269047 KEYDOWN: VK=84, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=0
  1269047 FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=1009, Param=0
  1269047 .... Delayed to be executed synchronously
  1269047 .. This key is programmed in FSUIPC4 'Keys' options
  1269047 KEYUP: VK=84, Waiting=0
  1269062 FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=1009, Param=0
  1269062 Setting Airline traffic density = 0
  1269953 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66040 (0x000101f8), Param= 16208 (0x00003f50) KOHLSMAN_SET
  1271062 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66040 (0x000101f8), Param= 16208 (0x00003f50) KOHLSMAN_SET
  1272172 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66040 (0x000101f8), Param= 16208 (0x00003f50) KOHLSMAN_SET
  1273203 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66040 (0x000101f8), Param= 16208 (0x00003f50) KOHLSMAN_SET
  1273734 KEYDOWN: VK=84, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=0
  1273734 FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=1009, Param=0
  1273734 .... Delayed to be executed synchronously
  1273734 .. This key is programmed in FSUIPC4 'Keys' options
  1273734 KEYUP: VK=84, Waiting=0
  1273734 Setting Airline traffic density = 100

Any ideas what the issue might be? 

Charlie K

2 hours ago, crwk78 said:

I have set Prosim to send "0x3110 = 1009" when the VRotate gate has been reached (to turn AI traffic off when airborne). I always start the sim with AI traffic on so that the control sent will turn AI traffic off at VR.

However, at VR I am seeing the screen go black, the traffic loading bar appear and then a fully AI populated airport, almost as if the control sent is requesting 100% traffic rather than a toggle from 100% to 0%, or the traffic is toggled twice (to 0% and then back to 100%).

The FSUIPC log shows that it may be the latter (0% then straight back to 100%) but I'm not sure:

It does indeed. But this complete sequence is repeated:

1269047 KEYDOWN: VK=84, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=0
  1269047 FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=1009, Param=0
  1269047 .... Delayed to be executed synchronously
  1269047 .. This key is programmed in FSUIPC4 'Keys' options
  1269047 KEYUP: VK=84, Waiting=0
  1269062 FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=1009, Param=0

with the second:

1273734 KEYDOWN: VK=84, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=0
  1273734 .... Delayed to be executed synchronously
  1273734 .. This key is programmed in FSUIPC4 'Keys' options
  1273734 KEYUP: VK=84, Waiting=0

taking place 4.6 seconds later.

The action appears to be instiguated by a Keypress -- 84 is the key 'T'' and it looks at if you have that keypress assigned to 1009. Is that correct? And if so, what has that got to do with ProSim, and why are you pressing that key, twice?

Please note that I won't be able to respond further till the 16th as I am away for a few days, starting very soon ...

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes, I also have Traffic Toggle assigned to the T key which I have set on a custom keyboard, giving me a further method to toggle traffic, but I’m not pressing T at VRotate, or any other keys (I have both hands on the yoke!).

Prosim is sending 1009 once at VRotate so the control should only be sent once, so AI should be switched off if it was on previously (or vice versa).

Unless I’m misunderstanding something..

Have a great holiday!

Charlie K

On 8/10/2018 at 12:57 AM, crwk78 said:

Yes, I also have Traffic Toggle assigned to the T key which I have set on a custom keyboard, giving me a further method to toggle traffic, but I’m not pressing T at VRotate, or any other keys (I have both hands on the yoke!).

But the log you showed does show that it was via two keypresses. I don't see a use of the control except by keypress.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:57 AM, crwk78 said:

Prosim is sending 1009 once at VRotate so the control should only be sent once, so AI should be switched off if it was on previously (or vice versa).

But there's no log showing that, only a log showing the keypress, pressed twice.

Sorry, but I don't see the point of attaching a pic of Prosim assignments. Maybe you need Prosim support to look at that instead?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I’m not sure I can describe the issue with any more clarity than what I’ve typed above already.

There are no keypresses being made manually at VR (either once or any other amount of times). The T key is however set to traffic toggle in FSUIPC and the Prosim interface is set as per the screenshot above (except VR, not V1). I included it to show you the information you might need in order to make an assessment of what is happening.

With all the above being the case, the FSUIPC log displays as above. It is possible that some info is missing as I may have had selective logging enabled. I am away from the PC so don’t have access to the log but on removing the keypress assignment as I recall the log still indicates the control being sent twice but only with the following lines:

Setting Airline traffic density = 0

Setting Airline traffic density = 100

Finally, when I remove the Prosim assignment, no traffic related changes are made at any time unless I hit the T key.

I sent a ticket to Prosim on the day I started this thread, they requested the FSUIPC log which I sent, but no further reply so far. I expect it is a Prosim issue but I’m still interested to see why it is sending a control (twice) and FSUIPC is receiving a keypress (twice). The fact that Prosim doesn’t know the FSUIPC keypress assignments makes it even more odd.

I know you’re a Prosim user, are you able to recreate the problem?

Charlie K

3 hours ago, crwk78 said:

There are no keypresses being made manually at VR (either once or any other amount of times). The T key is however set to traffic toggle in FSUIPC and the Prosim interface is set as per the screenshot above (except VR, not V1). I included it to show you the information you might need in order to make an assessment of what is happening.

But FSUIPC will not log a keypress out of nowhere. It happened according to the log, and twice. Perhaps you showed the wrong log. Try to do the test again and show me a log with no such keypresses.

With all the above being the case, the FSUIPC log displays as above. It is possible that some info is missing as I may have had selective logging enabled. I am away from the PC so don’t have access to the log but on removing the keypress assignment as I recall the log still indicates the control being sent twice but only with the following lines:

Setting Airline traffic density = 0

Setting Airline traffic density = 100

Well that's the log I need to see, please. You could also go into the Logging tab and, on the right-hand-side, use two lines to add offset 3110 as type "U32" decimal (not hex) and offset 3114 the same. Then check Normal Log below. That will show when Prosim is writing the 1009.

Could the V1 signal be getting signalled more than once?  Of course, that still wouldn't explain impossibly occurring keypresses! 😞

I know you’re a Prosim user, are you able to recreate the problem?

I might be able to try it over the weekend. My cockpit is "being worked on" at present (and keeping me very busy!). 'll add it to thge list of things I need to do when it is next up and running.

Pete