The simFlight Network Forums

HID Devices Repeatedly Disconnecting

Hi Pete

One of my LINDA users is experiencing repeated HID device disconnects (shown as Joystick Device Scans). He only has 3 devices connected (CH Fighterstick, CH pedals and ThrottleTek (Leo Bodnar card)). Can you suggest what may be happening? I can only think it is Windows. We have checked the auto power shutdown options (disabled).

Strangely with the ThrottleTek physically disconnected (see FSUIPC4-ThrottleTek2.log), the first 2 Joystick Device Scan only has 2 devices listed but subsequent entries show 3 devices (only 2 connected). In the latter case both the ThrottleTek and Pedals have the ID 2 and the Pedals are listed twice.

Any help would be appreciated.

FSUIPC4-ThrottleTek.log

FSUIPC4-ThrottleTek2.log

On 8/13/2018 at 10:28 PM, Scotfleiger said:

One of my LINDA users is experiencing repeated HID device disconnects (shown as Joystick Device Scans). He only has 3 devices connected (CH Fighterstick, CH pedals and ThrottleTek (Leo Bodnar card)). Can you suggest what may be happening? I can only think it is Windows. We have checked the auto power shutdown options (disabled)

The other possible reasons I've come across before are:

1. Insufficient power to the device (i.e. needs a proper poered USB hub, not the feeble supply from the built-in USB ports. The X55 I had needed a hub rated at well over 1 amp I seem to remember.

2. Faulty wiring between device and socket.

3. Faulty USB in the PC (try a different socket -- not one of the same pair (USB ports on mobos seem to be in pairs).

The ID numbers to be used should be defined in the INI file, not in the LOG. the log reflects what is found.

Pete