The simFlight Network Forums

Emerg Lt Switch Jumping

planenut

I received an email stating that there is a ERJ SP out now.  I uninstalled the version I purchased in April, downloaded and installed the latest version - supposedly with the SP and installed.  The windshield wipers kept jumping for about an inch or two every second while in the parked position.  Did this with and without power on the plane and wiper switch off.  Uninstalled and redownloaded the plane again.  The wipers stopped jumping but now the emergency light switch jumps from Off to Arm every second just like the wipers were doing.  Can't turn the lights to On.  It is now on the 3rd download and still doing it.  Any ideas?

The other thing I am wondering about is that when I originally bought the plane back in April, the download file size was  144.71 MB.  The latest that I just downloaded has the same file size.  Normally any updates have a different file size.  So I'm just curious if I do actually have the SP version.  Thanks.  Oh yeah.  I'm using P3D v4.3 with Win 10.

Jim

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, it is the same with the ERJ135.  What is really strange is that I was having similar problems with other planes such as the A2A yoke jumping at that 1 second interval,  some other planes had some lights flashing - same interval.  Those problems started with the ERJ installation.  I have subsequently uninstalled the ERJ and that seemed to fix the other planes too.  Thanks for the clarification on the file size.  I'm hesitant to reinstall without a definite fix.  If no one else has this problem then maybe there is something wrong with my system.  Seems like quite a coincidence that other planes were affected too.

Jim

HI Alex,

I didn't try any default planes but did a random sampling of my payware planes.  Found problems on the A2A Cherokee, QW 787, CRJ 700.  Other planes didn't indicate any problems but I didn't check them all.    In my original post I didn't mention that after the 3rd uninstall, download, and reinstall the wipers were jumping again but the emergency light switch was ok and not jumping.  The thing in common with all the planes that acted up was that the 1 second interval regular as clockwork.  The A2A Cherokee was particularly strange.in that the yoke was jumping while it was still secured with the seatbelt.  When the yoke was released from the seatbelt it was steady but there was a flashing white box around the GPS/NAV switch (with and without the yoke secured).  Also on all the planes that did this was that it was happening with and without power applied.

Jim

Hi Jim

I have installed P3D 4.3 and unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce it. But my installation is 100% clean without 3rd party addons, so I suspect there is some sort of incompatibility between them.

May I ask you to post here your c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml file?

You can try to disable Feelthere modules in this file. It contains sections like this one:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FeelThere ERJ P3Dv4 Helper</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>FeelThere\ERJ\E145XH.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Change    <Disabled>False</Disabled> to    <Disabled>True</Disabled>, save it and restart the sim. With such change you lose HUD in mini-panel but at least ERJ won't be able to affect other planes. Please try it and let me know.

I am going to upgrade panel to 4.3 SDK and it would be nice to test it on your system, if you're ok with it.

Hope it helps,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Well, things have gotten stranger and stranger.  As I previously mentioned, I uninstalled the ERJ until there was a definite fix.  The other planes that were affected have been behaving ok with the exception of the QW 787.  In that plane the flashing lights had stopped that behavior but one of the problems that remained was that  the scratch pad of the RH CDU had a string of V's and W's that looked like this: VWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW and I could not get rid of them no matter what I did.  Even did a uninstall and reinstall.  So in essence, the RH CDU was useless.  Now here is the strange part.  I recently purchased the A2A Accufeel program and installed it.  As soon as I did, the QW 787 CDU problem went away and all is back to normal.  Just took a chance and reinstalled the ERJ and now have no problems with it either.  All is ok.  Seems obvious that there was something wrong with my setup/system but why installing another program would fix things is a mystery to me.  Anyhow, all is good now so go figure.  Thanks for all your interest and efforts to solve this.  Really appreciate it.

Jim