The simFlight Network Forums
Fltbuff7197

Controlling AI

I go into Aircraft config, set alt and speed for B744, but when flying the AI use what was from the bgl files.

I thought STB would dynamically adjust speed and alt form the config table

I checked the values BEFORE and AFTER starting STB, but the values are not being recognized, ie I say fly B744 at 210 but it is flying at 250

Does it dynamically do this withourt a BGL recompile (as I also use AIPL) for my routes

???

i THINK i AM CONFUSED .

wHAT IS user AIRCRAFT VS ai ??

i AM FLYING (1) PLANE AND i PRESEUME THAT IS uSER AIRCRAFT AND MY ai IS ai

bUT WHY DOES THE PRODUCT LIST AIRCRAFT CONFIF SPEED ALT FOR MAYBE ONLY USER PLANES ANS THAT IS CONTROLLED BY WHO IS FLYING THEM ?

I presume you mean this:

image.png.b9db86e193ab1201763891e5f0e02338.png

The user guide is your friend here, as it does not work the way you have imagined it to. The topic "Aircraft Configuration Table" talks about this area, and specifically:

The columns in the configuration table are:
o FS Aircraft uniquely identifies the aircraft as Prepar3D knows it. This value is derived by combining the aircraft name and model values from the aircraft.cfg file.
o TB Aircraft defines the value presented on the board when the corresponding FS Aircraft is used for a flight. You can change this value to change the names of aircraft on the board.
o Departure Flaps Handle enables you to specify what flaps deployment a departing aircraft should use for taxi-out and takeoff. The range of values varies by aircraft capability.
o Cruise Altitude is used for flight plans dynamically created for aircraft that are “moved to the stand” by STB Flight Control, and in response to “Depart Now” commands.
o Cruise Speed is used when the user aircraft is listed on the board.

And just to elaborate in the context you are talking about:

1) Departure Flaps Handle is for AI aircraft.  It is applied during the departure cycle.

2) Cruise altitude is set in the flight plan for those situations where STB needs to create a brand new flight for an AI flight that's been lost or you want to depart now.  It's up to the simulator to honour that request.

3) Cruise speed is used to calcuate an approximate schedule for the user aircraft, if you have that listed also.

The user aircraft is the one you choose to sit in and fly in the simulator.  Everything else is AI.